• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Syder

@danroan
Standby for another major development in the football child abuse scandal this evening...

Hope it is just a reporter over playing the word major. Way the tweet is worded sounds big.
Dan Roan is definitely the type to exaggerate. I hope this is just what it is.

Audioboxer

Prolly survived red just becouse Barry didnt get yellow for the tackle on Ibra.

Nah man referees that do that are bottling fuckers. If you make a mistake just don't make another. I never agree with the principal of let's even it out.

Rojo should have been off regardless of the poor Barry decision. Barry was just a yellow card anyway, not a red.

Syder

Why the fuck did we sit back and try to defend a 1-0 lead ffs.
ActualGranularHerculesbeetle.gif

Welp, not like we deserved to win anyway... Lucky poor goalkeeping decision and pretty much nothing to show besides Herrera hitting the crossbar.

ElyrionX

Fuck this shit. What the fuck. We play good attacking football. We've got good holding midfielders. And we let them come at us like that?

Jarnet87

Pathetic from United again. Mou's got to get rid of the conservative nature of his strategy. Even Louie could see games better then Mou currently is.

Audioboxer

Typical Man Utd. Not finishing this game. Totally going to end 1-1.

Boom. Terrible club continues to spiral further down. Fergie is going to want to kick the bucket soon to forget this nightmare.

Unless there is a mass exodus in January I don't know if I can carry on watching this team.

Wow at these stats for Matip

In the league:
When Matip plays - P11 GA 9
When Matip doesn't play - P3 GA 9

I know he's been our best defender but man he was really missed today if these stats are true. I need to check later when I have the time.

Tubie

Pathetic from United again. Mou's got to get rid of the conservative nature of his strategy. Even Louie could see games better then Mou currently is.

He's never gonna change.

He will always try to defend 1-0 results instead of going for more, no matter how good his teams attack is.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Mourinho's fault for not shipping out one of the most hated players. Moyes biggest lol was signing Fellaini.

The guy is bubbling idiot and a defensive liability, but he some how still sees playing time. Fellaini would not even warm the bench at other top teams.

Audioboxer

He's going to have to rebuild just like the previous managers before him.

True but he isn't being ruthless enough and is marginalising the wrong players. He's picking Fellaini when there are other options.

As I said this club better have a clear out in January.

The guy is bubbling idiot and a defensive liability, but he some how still sees playing time. Fellaini would not even warm the bench at other top teams.

Yup Leon Osman just said on sky sports Everton had Fellaini as far away from their own box as possible. He's okay as a number 10 for a mid club table. He is not a defensive player, he is a clumsy stupid fuck who gives away fouls and elbows people.

If Mourinho dares to play him again, let alone as a defensive midfielder then Mourinho can fuck off.

True but he isn't being ruthless enough and is marginalising the wrong players. He's picking Fellaini when there are other options.

As I said this club better have a clear out in January.

Yup Leon Osman just said on sky sports Everton had Fellaini as far away from their own box as possible. He's okay as a number 10 for a mid club table. He is not a defensive played, he is a clumsy stupid fuck who gives away fouls and elbows people.

Hard to get the players you want in January though.

Audioboxer

Hard to get the players you want in January though.

I don't even care about signings just now, just offloading dead weight. Play young players if needed for the last 6 months of the season.

Fosu Mensah should be getting played instead of Fellaini. I understand Schneiderlin has been a disappointment, but Fosu Mensah is quite tall so if it's about height put him on. If it's just to hold the ball Schweinsteiger or Schneiderlin. Fellaini shouldn't even be allowed in the Stadium.

Today was Mourinho's fault. He brought him on and asked him to play defensively.

Jarnet87

Mou's flow chart of subs:

- If Rooney is available always sub him on.
- Sub on Rashford for Martial.
- Tale off whoever is on the right wing for a useless midfielder

Give up equalizing goal.

Audioboxer

Mou's flow chart of subs:

- If Rooney is available always sub him on.
- Sub on Rashford for Martial.
- Tale off whoever is on the right wing for a useless midfielder

Give up equalizing goal.

You forgot

- If Mata is playing, and even if he's doing Gods work, sub him off anyway.

Liverpool need a new goal keeping coach. The problem isn't the goalies, its the damn coach. You could see he's been a problem since he came in during Reina's days.

Syder

I was thinking once we get Liverpool out of the way we'd have a good run of 'winnable' fixtures over Christmas but looking at their defence even our dire attack might be able to get something.

Liverpool (A)
Burnley (H)
Hull City (H)
Swansea (A)
Leicester (A)

More than happy to give Slav the next 5 games to drag us up to mid-table. Nonetheless, transfers in January are an absolute must.

norinrad

He already signed the most expensive footballer of all time.

It shows how good he's been. Even Martial is not playing on the same level he was last season.

And if you guys mean dead wood here's a list for you.

Wayne
Wayne
Old man Carrick
Valencia
Steve Bruce also known as Lingard
Fellaini
Ibra should be playing 20 minute games not 90+

Even Dave sucks this year and though his transfer to Madrid was messed up, he was playing better then last season.

Empty

mourinho's united is just a replay of moyes' performances, negative tactics and weak, late capitulations except without the sad dignity of at least doing it spending nothing to improve a crooked squad of old men managed by someone who has never won anything

Oersted

However, it was not a threat of expulsion that Balotelli was threatened with when he agreed to the clause, but the forfeit of a £1 million bonus.
According to The Sunday Times, Balotelli’s Liverpool contract states that he would receive such a bonus if he behaves himself on the field - not spitting at anyone or being offensive, but he gets two free goes at it each year just in case.
The newspaper reports that the deal says: “If during each season of the term of this contract the player is not dismissed from the field of play on three or more occasions for violent conduct, spitting at an opponent or any other person, for using offensive, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures and/or for dissent by word or action . . . then on the 30th June at the end of each season he shall receive a bonus payment of £1m.”

Lol

Top Bottom