• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

T-Rex.

Banned
At least we're getting the banter out of the way early this time around rather than saving it for when there are only a few games remaining.

DBT85

Nice way to show why we can't run for the league title. smfh

You'll never win the title conceding as many goals as Liverpool, Arsenal, City and United have so far this season, unless you fix it. You can't outscore every team, this isn't La Liga.

CrayToes

No Matip & Mane = a 6th place side. We were so poorly prepared for this period. Just have to hope that everyone else's form suffers when they return to Europe.

Well done to Swansea though. They've given themselves a real fighting chance to stay up.

Audioboxer

This is a sign United will fuck up too:(

Oh no doubt, any time other teams drop points United's players seem to think it's switch off time, and they perform average/terrible. Another sign this team doesn't have that little bit extra needed to punish and rise to the occasion.

The Fellaigoat is starting today, he will save us.

Blessed be to the gods above, Fellaini shall deliver thee punishment.

Jarnet87

If United bury an early chance then I think they'll cruise to victory, if Its typical United finishing then yeah it could be a long 90 minute fight for a point.

Romez

You'll never win the title conceding as many goals as Liverpool, Arsenal, City and United have so far this season, unless you fix it. You can't outscore every team, this isn't La Liga.

United have the 3rd best defensive record in the league, problem is putting away chances.

DBT85

Next year we might make top 4, maybe, possibly, if we learn how to fucking defend.

The test will be if you get Europe this season trying to juggle it next season. Same thing that you had to deal with the season after you nearly won.

United have the 3rd best defensive record in the league, problem is putting away chances.

True. I'd still say 1 a game is too many and we're close to that.

EDIT: Only team in the last 10 years to win the league with more than 1 a game conceded was United in 12/13, scored 86, conceded 43.

Audioboxer

Yeah not enough people helping Zlatan. Shocking return from midfield. That's poor for United. Historically always had midfielders chipping in. Ronaldo era was obviously insane.

Edit: I'll give Mata some credit as he has bagged a few. Martial, Rashford, Rooney and co have been terrible.

Audioboxer

Heh. Gonna be the usual shit. Decent saves, tons of missed chances and a draw at best.

Time to get Rooney on. Can't wait.

#Fraudinho
#TaxiforMata
#MoyesIn

Syder

andy-carroll-900-900-headshot_0.png

What a man.

Pretty certain if this finishes 1-0 via an own goal and Stoke don't have 1 shot on target the bigger L will be for us United fans.

I said easing, not curing.

I turned on this game in the 30th minute and so far its only been Utd midfielders trying to murder the players in Stokes meatwall.. Pray for a yolo Ibra goal in the 86th as usual I suppose :)

Audioboxer

I said easing, not curing.

I turned on this game in the 30th minute and so far its only been Utd midfielders trying to murder the players in Stokes meatwall.. Pray for a yolo Ibra goal in the 86th as usual I suppose :)

Heh, you saved yourself some pain. Last 10 minutes were okay, prior to that, shocking.

A 1-1 draw here is a big dropped 2 points. We're pretty terrible against any "top" side so our chances on top 4 really fall on beating mid-table opposition.

Audioboxer

Shutup boxer lol.

We're already a man down with Fellani, don;t make it 2.

LOL.

Also poor Charlie Adam has typical Scottish genes. Looks about 65 when he is 31. Good player though, hard worker. Shame about how bad the Scottish national team is overall. Terrible.

Top Bottom