• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

Yas, Fellaini! Time to either give away a penalty or score. Dat Fellaini wildcard.

You know you can actually enjoy it when your team wins.

The banter is better in here when the topic is rife with cynicism. To be honest Leicester have been absolutely atrocious today more than Man Utd amazing.

Still, Liverpool, coming for ya!

Lunar FC

Yas, Fellaini! Time to either give away a penalty or score. Dat Fellaini wildcard.

The banter is better in here when the topic is rife with cynicism. To be honest Leicester have been absolutely atrocious today more than Man Utd amazing.

Still, Liverpool, coming for ya!

I don't see pool winning another game the rest of the year. Time to just tank out of the Europa League spots and just make another run at it next season.

Audioboxer

I don't see pool winning another game the rest of the year. Time to just tank out of the Europa League spots and just make another run at it next season.

I wouldn't say that but they have to start picking up more points in games they should be winning soon. Watch United but, this will be a win followed by the usual over confidence resulting in a draw in the next game. That's why I was poking fun above. Keeps happening this season.

Again, some of the finishing in this game has been terrible.

Sciel

Miki is a fkin god. Great result.

I worry for Martial. Really curious whats going on behind the scenes considering even Young got subbed it ahead of him today.

Jarnet87

I worry for Martial. Really curious whats going on behind the scenes considering even Young got subbed it ahead of him today.

Mou's tinkering of the wide players has been my biggest negative of him this season. Every week he chops and changes, and hopefully he gets that sorted in the summer.

Audioboxer

Mou freezing him out. Will probably be sold in the summer. Or a slim chance of him stopping being such a moaning, whining sod and knuckling down to do a Mhiki and get back in the good books.

Sciel

Mou's tinkering of the wide players has been my biggest negative of him this season. Every week he chops and changes, and hopefully he gets that sorted in the summer.
Pretty much.

In recent times though, Its obvious its gone beyond just tinkering. He definitely has something against Martial, considering Rashford has been always starting on the Left (and being really shit most of the time).

Mou freezing him out. Will probably be sold in the summer. Or a slim chance of him stopping being such a moaning, whining sod and knuckling down to do a Mhiki and get back in the good books.
Thats what I fear and hope doesn't come to pass.

The more I watch this Pool game against the Hull, the more pissed off I get and just say fuck this team. Not even sure where to place the blame. Klopp is too stubborn and instead of playing a natural defender, he instead gets rid of him because of some petty issue. I think he needs to get rid of his pride and do whats better for the team.

Can is useless but Klopp cannot not see that. When Wijnaldum is paired with Henderson, our play is much smoother and we don't get slowed down like we do when Can is playing.

This team is fucking frustrating to support.

DBT85

Genuinely shocked we managed to take advantage of Arsenal and Liverpool dropping points. Really wasn't expecting it. So nice to see them manage to get the ball in the bloody net.

If only we'd managed the same in like 2 others games that we've ended up drawing.

Na you'll pick up again once it slows down again. With no Europe, FA cup or League Cup to play you've only got 14 games between now and the 21st of May. That's 14 in like 105 days or something daft.

Your problem might be that in the next 6 you've got Spurs, Arsenal, City and Everton, so by the end of that lot things could be bad unless you wake up. You might even be below Everton by then, they are only 6 points behind.

Audioboxer

Genuinely shocked we managed to take advantage of Arsenal and Liverpool dropping points. Really wasn't expecting it. So nice to see them manage to get the ball in the bloody net.

If only we'd managed the same in like 2 others games that we've ended up drawing.

Na you'll pick up again once it slows down again. With no Europe, FA cup or League Cup to play you've only got 14 games between now and the 21st of May. That's 14 in like 105 days or something daft.

Your problem might be that in the next 6 you've got Spurs, Arsenal, City and Everton, so by the end of that lot things could be bad unless you wake up. You might even be below Everton by then, they are only 6 points behind.

image.php

another avatar quote moment

yagal

CAMEROON IS YOUR CHAMP
CAMEROON FUCKING AFCON CHAMPION

IS NOT LIKE WE GONNA LOOSE AGAINST HECTOR CUPER IN THE FINAL
HECTOR CUPER U NATURAL LOOSER

Edit.

I work in a refugee camp, there is one cameroonian here, the guy is happy as fuck, we will not let the camp sleep :)

Poor Hector Cuper , 6th defeat in a final
In 1997 he was hired by Mallorca, and in the very first season he drove the modest club to the final of the Copa del Rey, which he would lose against Barcelona. The following season the team reached the final of the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup, where they lost to Lazio.

Cúper moved to Valencia in 1999, where he maintained his bad luck in finals, losing the final of the Champions League two consecutive times; in 2000 against Real Madrid, and in 2001 against Bayern Munich on penalty shoot-out.

NHale

I wonder if Southampton board regrets chosing Claude Puel instead of Marco Silva last summer. I watch them play and I don't recognize the team from the Pochettino/Koeman years, don't know if it's the Puel's diamond or the lack of players. They sure aren't in a safe zone in the PL especially considering Virgil is out 2/3 months and they lost Fonte without a replacement... but hey maybe fans/board are happy with Puel since he got them a League Cup final (maybe a win?).

According to sources at the time Marco Silva resigned from Olympiakos because his agent was sure he was Southampton pick to replace Koeman, at the time Portuguese newspapers reported as a done deal in fact. Now the same newspapers say he accepted the Hull job just to prove himself in the PL for 6 months and then jump for a bigger club in the summer. Don't see any openings on a top 10 team. Even if Arsenal backtracks on Wenger's contract renewal or he doesn't accept it, Arsenal will go after Simeone, Allegri or Jardim.

Syder

Claude Puel is a far more experienced manager. Easy to say Silva would have been a better choice now because Hull are on a decent run and Saints have been a bit shit but for Southampton, a selling club, the best they can hope for is a top half finish and a decent run in the Europa League/a domestic cup run. They've already reached a final and finishing the top half is still a very realistic target.

spidye

how about playing the young players for a game like this you fat cunt??
how should coman, bernat (who is better than alaba this season), kimmich and sanches get any match fitness when you play the same old players??

FRAUDCELOTTI

Beefy

Claude Puel is a far more experienced manager. Easy to say Silva would have been a better choice now because Hull are on a decent run and Saints have been a bit shit but for Southampton, a selling club, the best they can hope for is a top half finish and a decent run in the Europa League/a domestic cup run. They've already reached a final and finishing the top half is still a very realistic target.

We have been hit hard hard by injuries this season as well. We may not be a selling club for much longer, the Chinese are coming. I can see Puel going at the end of the season.

Top Bottom