• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Kill3r7

Jose will probably be on the path to Jose Implosion 9.0 next year. As much as I have some confidence he'll bring back wins and some trophies, the guys like a drug addict towards meltdowns. Once you think he's in the clear, he'll go off again.

I seriously doubt Sanchez would go to United anyway. We probably have more chance of getting Griezmann and even that is like a 5% chance.

If Jose wins the league next year he is untouchable for a few years. Plus the United job presents different hurdles than Chelsea or Madrid. To be fair he could have stayed at Inter for as long as he wanted.

Blablurn

When you win in the UEFA Champions League, you make a lot of money. Last season, Bayern Munich won a total of €64,391,000 from their run to the semifinals of the Champions League, and following the destruction of Arsenal in the Round of 16, they’re already edging closer to that number for this season.

Bayern’s 10-2 victory over Arsenal adds another €6.5 million to their war chest bringing the total from the 2016-17 UEFA Champions League to €31.2 million, according to Abendzeitung. Once you add in the market pool amounts, Bayern’s already moved past €60 million.

The Bavarians could earn €7.5 million with a semifinals appearance. From there, winning the Final would see Bayern bring home €15.5 million, while finishing as runners-up would see them total €11 million.

Generally, the Spanish, Italian, and English teams make far more money from the “market pool” than the teams from Germany do due to television revenue.

Knocking Arsenal out of the Champions League, again, is sweet. Making a lot of money while doing it is even sweeter.

I think we get more if Dortmund loses

DBT85

I get their frustration, they pay thousands to follow a team that has no balls and has a board and manager that are quite happy being also rans.

Arsenal is such an embarrassment.

Why do they even bother to compete in UCL every year if it's always a trashing waiting for them. They always boast being the most consistent team in the top 4 of EPL, but it's all for nothing. Not to mention that they're always struggling to achieve it.

Blablurn

isnt dortmund practically out already? i think they lost last time and benfica just steam rolled them

Dortmund can easily win 2:0, 3:0 at home.

C6YftAxWQAAIwkb.jpg:large

Mätthäus testing the non-offside rule.

Syder

Why do they even bother to compete in UCL every year if it's always a trashing waiting for them. They always boast being the most consistent team in the top 4 of EPL, but it's all for nothing. Not to mention that they're always struggling to achieve it.
Money.

Most question about Arsenal come down to turnover.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal is such an embarrassment.

2nd last year, 3rd before that son

PSG is so small minded. No matter how much money you inject into a team, that sort of thing won't go away.

Hopefully they get it together, all they need is a goal.

Top Bottom