• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

casiopao

Whats with all this pessimist reaction by Bayern fans here? It is 2-1 lol. It is not 3-0. It is literally salvageable especially if Lewa return for the next leg.

When even Juve which win 3-0 is still afraid of a comeback, Real Madrid should also be cautious for a return there.

Blablurn

Bla it's only 2-1, with Lewa back you guys are in it for sure. 1 quick goal and the game is wide open.

It's going to be cagey and restrictive but I'm sure Carlo can cook something for the game.

Whats with all this pessimist reaction by Bayern fans here? It is 2-1 lol. It is not 3-0. It is literally salvageable especially if Lewa return for the next leg.

When even Juve which win 3-0 is still afraid of a comeback, Real Madrid should also be cautious for a return there.

One does not simply win 2:0 in Madrid.

I just dont believe we have the mindset for it anymore.

Just recieved my tickets for the last road game of the season.

So make that 36 games attended this season.
33 out of 34 league matches (passed on Bullshit town for reasons) and
3 out of 3 cup matches.

#ComeOnEffzeh

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh yeah, one more thing: Buy another fucking striker that can come in if Lewa is out. Shameful.

Is quite strange that Bayern doesn't have a decent substitute striker. The first half yesterday with a decent striker on might have painted a different story.

Donos

Saw the recap of the Bayern game. Not fond of them but damn Neuer is really a beast. These saves. Although we are talking about Real Madrid, 1 goal lead is nothing to rest on against Bayern in the next game.

Shame about Dortmund (whole situation and the offside goal). Still not out yet though. I'm probably never going to get warm with Tuchel. Every time i see/hear him i think that he would have been a perfect SS Officer in WWII.
Kagawa is doing everything to recommend himself for an extension of his contract.

casiopao

One does not simply win 2:0 in Madrid.

I just dont believe we have the mindset for it anymore.

Ohh C'mon. You guys are selling your team short there. I would even bet if Juve meet with Bayern again, you guys had so much better chance of strolling us over.

Hell, i would even said that for Juventus, winning against Real is tad bit easier than vs u guys there.

T-Rex.

Banned
Saw the recap of the Bayern game. Not fond of them but damn Neuer is really a beast. These saves. Although we are talking about Real Madrid, 1 goal lead is nothing to rest on against Bayern in the next game.

Shame about Dortmund (whole situation and the offside goal). Still not out yet though. I'm probably never going to get warm with Tuchel. Every time i see/hear him i think that he would have been a perfect SS Officer in WWII.
Kagawa is doing everything to recommend himself for an extension of his contract.
fucking hell lmao, harsh but I actually see it

azyless

Besiktas supporters throwing projectiles and firecrackers on Lyon fans so they've gone on to the pitch :
C9UHBIRWAAA8Oc0.jpg
Pretty stupid.

Man the Europa League seems like an easier competition to win this year compared to last.
Liverpool had to play Augsburg, Man Utd, Dortmund, Villarreal and eventually Sevilla on their way to the final.

Fosu-Mensah should be off, fuck off.

Good result for Anderlecht, something tells me they can snatch a draw at Old Trafford. Probably 0-0 though =(

Pogba missed again! Just not finishing chances. Even the goal came from a bit of luck off a save.
He's either hitting the bar or shooting it directly at the keeper. Too many times we pass the ball in the box when the better option is to shoot. Our play in the opponent's box has been awful for a while.

Edit: really? No final corner. Also, we're shit and we overpay players who should be in midtable clubs.

Audioboxer

He's either hitting the bar or shooting it directly at the keeper. Too many times we pass the ball in the box when the better option is to shoot. Our play in the opponent's box has been awful for a while.

Edit: really? No final corner. Also, we're shit and we overpay players who should be in midtable clubs.

Yeah look at Atletico against Leicester. Okay it didn't come off but they had numerous players with the confidence to hit one or two from range.

An away goal isn't bad but the 1-1 draw is just the height of what's been wrong all season.

The worst unbeaten run ever continues.

100k a week for Lingard... I hate Man Utd and I should be laughing at that, but that amount money for such a mediocre player actually makes me mad.

united really have no semblance of clinicality in their finishing, so frustrating
Not only that but our play is so static and predictable. No one (even our strikers) make darting runs or is there any form of swift counterattack. We just play to the wing, and when that doesn't work we pass it back to the defense and play to the other wing. Rinse and repeat. We give the ball away way way too much. Especially Pogba and Rashford. Our delivery for corners and crosses are unbelievably terrible for your average professional athlete and I hold United players to a higher standard than that. I'm not liking the idiot of our club becoming shit (especially with the money we spend) but maybe I should start getting used to these results as they before more and more the usual.

TimmmV

Yeah look at Atletico against Leicester. Okay it didn't come off but they had numerous players with the confidence to hit one or two from range.

An away goal isn't bad but the 1-1 draw is just the height of what's been wrong all season.

The worst unbeaten run ever continues.

I thought that run was only league games?

azyless

I don't know, in the 10 minutes I have been watching Lyon has missed like 4-5 great chances. Just not their day it seems.

edit: and 1-1, finally lol

edit2: going fast now
Well I consider missing tons of great chances being bad lol. But they were better in 2nd half.
Happy that Morel scored, dude spent 17 years at my club :)
It's still gonna be tough to go through if it stays 2-1 imo.

Jarnet87

1-1 result on paper is good and United should advance, but let's see how much worse United's finishing will be at home in a week. Zlatan, Pogba, Mkhi give the ball away so much in the final third, movement up front is shit, and has been shit and that certainly isn't going to change with Zlatan up front. One of Rashford's better performance in awhile IMO.

Top Bottom