• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

TimmmV

T-Rex.

Banned
I still don't see it with Sakho. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but man it's one thing to look good in a defensive Allardyce team, and a whole different thing to be solid in a Klopp team where there's minimal protection from the fullbacks and midfielders.

We need better than both him and Lovren imo.

All the reliable Liverpool journalists are reporting it, so obviously the club has feed them that information I suppose. But I'm just worried that other clubs that may be more attractive will come in for him and that he would cost significantly more than our current transfer record. But I would love to get him. A Matip-Van Dijk CB-partnership would be awesome.

Icolin

Banned
All the reliable Liverpool journalists are reporting it, so obviously the club has feed them that information I suppose. But I'm just worried that other clubs that may be more attractive will come in for him and that he would cost significantly more than our current transfer record. But I would love to get him. A Matip-Van Dijk CB-partnership would be awesome.

I'm foaming at the mouth for this right now, whew.

Losing Sakho is a little disappointing, as I think he would've added some CB depth, but I'm more than okay with losing him if it means getting Van Dijk.

He won't come if City, United and Chelsea come calling. They will pay more and there's a higher chance of winning something at those clubs than Liverpool. I'm just being real here.

Apparently Keita's on the cards too. I trust Klopp after turning things around with some of our current players (Lallana, Lovren, Origi), and bringing in the likes of Mane, Wijnaldum and Matip while successfully shifting Milner to LB, even if he's willing to part with 35 million on Ox.

Best wishes.

casiopao

Watching Pogba do so badly in MU makes me feel kinda bad for him as a Juve fan here.....NOT Lol.^^

While i am still not sure how far Juventus can go in in UCL this season, imagine how much it would pain him if we are able to reach another final(Not going jinx it here.) while he is stuck in Europa League lol. When he always said that he dream getting that Ballon D'or.^^

All I know about Keita is his Wikipedia page compares him to Kante. Want. But everyone's right, with him and Van Djik I'd be very impressed if we can land the guy with the competition around. Certainly gonna have to make champions league, and flash a lotta cash.

Sakho swap deal might lock Van Djik down which would be ideal. I honestly trust Klopp 100% on what he does with the lad, even if he's been showing his quality recently, it's more important Klopp has a squad he has no problems with.

Audioboxer

Watching Pogba do so badly in MU makes me feel kinda bad for him as a Juve fan here.....NOT Lol.^^

While i am still not sure how far Juventus can go in in UCL this season, imagine how much it would pain him if we are able to reach another final(Not going jinx it here.) while he is stuck in Europa League lol. When he always said that he dream getting that Ballon D'or.^^

Pogba played pretty well in the game last night, it's just his finishing has been terrible all season.

casiopao

Pogba played pretty well in the game last night, it's just his finishing has been terrible all season.

That is not his job though. And i am not saying he is playing bad this whole season(A bit lacklustre maybe) but it is just, i am still salty for all his transfer fiasco which almost cause our whole mercato in trouble.

Hell, when Buffon himself said that it is easier to see Pogba in his social media rather than talking to him face to face, you know how crazy last year transfer there.

If he leave the team without any controversy and Adidas thing, i would not even complain. You don't see many Juve fans complain when Vidal move away there as he move away without making any stupid comments or stupid actions.

I guess having Mino Railo is that huh.O_O That makes me afraid for Juve to target Donnaruma here. And make me ponder whether we should just chase Alex Meret to save ourself from trouble here.(So sad that Perin keep getting injured here when i rate his keeper skill high here.T_T)

Audioboxer

That is not his job though. And i am not saying he is playing bad this whole season(A bit lacklustre maybe) but it is just, i am still salty for all his transfer fiasco which almost cause our whole mercato in trouble.

Hell, when Buffon himself said that it is easier to see Pogba in his social media rather than talking to him face to face, you know how crazy last year transfer there.

If he leave the team without any controversy and Adidas thing, i would not even complain. You don't see many Juve fans complain when Vidal move away there as he move away without making any stupid comments or stupid actions.

I guess having Mino Railo is that huh.O_O That makes me afraid for Juve to target Donnaruma here. And make me ponder whether we should just chase Alex Meret to save ourself from trouble here.(So sad that Perin keep getting injured here when i rate his keeper skill high here.T_T)

It's every player in a United's shirts responsibility to be able to finish chances when presented at this level.

If you're talking about the transfer nonsense then yeah I agree. Agents are ruining football, with ransoms, stupid money, corruption and more.

Players are complicit too when all they care about is stupid money. Biggest problem we have these days, young players drawn to stupid money. In years gone by it started "modest" for young players and they worked their way up to millionaires. Now it's a hundred thousand if not more in their early 20s.

casiopao

It's every player in a United's shirts responsibility to be able to finish chances when presented at this level.

If you're talking about the transfer nonsense then yeah I agree. Agents are ruining football, with ransoms, stupid money, corruption and more.

Players are complicit too when all they care about is stupid money. Biggest problem we have these days, young players drawn to stupid money. In years gone by it started "modest" for young players and they worked their way up to millionaires. Now it's a hundred thousand if not more in their early 20s.

I disagree on every player should be able to finish chances there. There is a reason why we spend tons of money on forward there.

On the agents, yeah. Mino Raiola is like a two edged blade there. He can bring u the best player but also bring one of the worst thing which is sensational news which can ruined the team.T_T

Beefy

Southampton getting Sakho as part of the deal would be great for them, they'd still get a load of money and a really good centre back, who already has the experience of playing in the league

I'll be gutted when he leaves, wish Klopp would give him another chance :(

I still don't see it with Sakho. I'm not saying he's a bad player, but man it's one thing to look good in a defensive Allardyce team, and a whole different thing to be solid in a Klopp team where there's minimal protection from the fullbacks and midfielders.

We need better than both him and Lovren imo.

Paul Joyce is saying it as well, and supposedly they want Sakho so that might help us.

I'm foaming at the mouth for this right now, whew.

Losing Sakho is a little disappointing, as I think he would've added some CB depth, but I'm more than okay with losing him if it means getting Van Dijk.

He won't come if City, United and Chelsea come calling. They will pay more and there's a higher chance of winning something at those clubs than Liverpool. I'm just being real here.

Apparently Keita's on the cards too. I trust Klopp after turning things around with some of our current players (Lallana, Lovren, Origi), and bringing in the likes of Mane, Wijnaldum and Matip while successfully shifting Milner to LB, even if he's willing to part with 35 million on Ox.

Best wishes.

All depends on our take over if he goes or not, I can't see it being Liverpool anyways. Chelsea contacted us like a year ago about him, so I would say they are in front.

spidye

Not surprised. He was clearly having issues on Wednesday.
Martinez' red card fucked us big time

Such a dumb move from him. He was my favourite player after thiago but it's not his first dumb decision in a big point game. Remember atletico last year?

Jack cw

Martinez' red card fucked us big time

Such a dumb move from him. He was my favourite player after thiago but it's not his first dumb decision in a big point game. Remember atletico last year?
He should play in midfield. Anyway, the Badstuber story surely tastes bitter. Right now we are gonna play with Rafinha, Alaba, Kimmich, Lahm in Bernabeu. That is the worst defensive line since that embarrassing defeat in Camp Nou in 2009. I'm still shaking my head about the fact that we could have Badstuber and Benatia in the squad... we are in this competiton with only 2 real CBs and one that is more of an midfielder.

casiopao

He should play in midfield. Anyway, the Badstuber story surely tastes bitter. Right now we are gonna play with Rafinha, Alaba, Kimmich, Lahm in Bernabeu. That is the worst defensive line since that embarrassing defeat in Camp Nou in 2009. I'm still shaking my head about the fact that we could have Badstuber and Benatia in the squad... we are in this competiton with only 2 real CBs and one that is more of an midfielder.

Well, if Marotta is smart, he should send back Benatia to u guys there lol.^^

TimmmV

All depends on our take over if he goes or not, I can't see it being Liverpool anyways. Chelsea contacted us like a year ago about him, so I would say they are in front.

Yah I dont think it will happen either. Nice to know they're trying for him though

Good to see other journalists calling out The S*n and Kelvin MacKenzie's disgraceful column on attacking the city of Liverpool(like usually) and comparing Ross Barkley to an ape(Ross Barkley got nigerian heritage) a day before the anniversary of Hillsborough. Fucking scum!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39601728

Its mental even if you take out the racist stuff too - from the Guardian

MacKenzie wrote: “Perhaps unfairly, I have always judged Ross Barkley as one of our dimmest footballers. There is something about the lack of reflection in his eyes which makes me certain not only are the lights not on, there is definitely nobody at home.

Like, thats all just utter bollocks. He might as well be preaching phrenology

Audioboxer

Entire teams finishing is piss poor, Zlatan included if you consider his conversation rate.

True, but Zlat is hard to knock too much given the goals he has.

I disagree on every player should be able to finish chances there. There is a reason why we spend tons of money on forward there.

On the agents, yeah. Mino Raiola is like a two edged blade there. He can bring u the best player but also bring one of the worst thing which is sensational news which can ruined the team.T_T

We play with 1 striker. Our midfield HAS to be able to finish chances.

I wish we could go back to a 4-4-2

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Toons time wasting has just fucked them over

Leeds level it in the 95th minute 😂😂😂

Jarnet87

i hope Kolasinac doesn't suffer the same fate as Lucas Perez after choosing Arsenal over Everton. Also does a signing this early mean we are going to get that 2 year extension for Arsene soon.

Syder

Colback is one of the worst players I've ever watched
"How dare you"

newcastle-united-coach-john-carver-372974414.jpg

No but I just think it goes to show how the hiring of Benitez isn't as large a coup as people think.

It's a good hire for Newcastle, and I love Rafa. But he's never that manager that will go on long winning streaksand run away with a league, he draws too many games because he's a bit too much defensive... sorta like Mourinho this season. Rafa is a cup manager.

Boogs31

Shame about Dortmund (whole situation and the offside goal). Still not out yet though. I'm probably never going to get warm with Tuchel.

That starting lineup he put out against Monaco was indefensible. He put 2 right backs, 2 left backs, 2 center backs, and a defensive midfielder in a game that they needed to score goals. The lineup they started the second half with should have been the lineup they used from the get go.

DBT85

Hate having to wait till Sunday to watch us lose. Let it be the first game on Saturday so it's out the way so I can laugh at Arsenal and Liverpool dropping points.

T-Rex.

Banned
Good to see other journalists calling out The S*n and Kelvin MacKenzie's disgraceful column on attacking the city of Liverpool(like usually) and comparing Ross Barkley to an ape(Ross Barkley got nigerian heritage) a day before the anniversary of Hillsborough. Fucking scum!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39601728
Utter cunt. They've placed him on "leave" while he's away on holiday, but there's no doubt he'll be back to spreading his bullshit when he returns.

Top Bottom