• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

I'm very happy.

1-1 against Atletico (and we actually gained a point)
2-1 against Bayern (two important away goals)

The next ones are Barcelona where I do not expect a victory. A draw would be okay, and a defeat we can deal with, we are behind with a match. And anything can happen at the Bernabeu, especially with Lewa and Hummels back.

Dark Rider

Having a positive result in the Allianz Arena is a delight
we deserved a better score line though :(
we did good I'm happy for that.

Sorry Bayern m8s I do not wish you better luck in the next match because we need to win that too :p

Raptor

I'm very happy.

The next ones are Barcelona where I do not expect a victory. A draw would be okay, and a defeat we can deal with, we are behind with a match. And anything can happen at the Bernabeu, especially with Lewa and Hummels back.

I disagree with you, I do expect a win.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I've seen much smaller teams playing more decently in 10 players. Bayern's players totally forfeited the game after the red card.

And it turns out that Bayern missed Hummels much more than Real missed Pepe. Nacho did a great job. Lewa's injury also helped.

They've shown this trend to collapse in moments like this these past few years though. Wasn't that bad against Atletico, but against Real and Barca the team broke down.
Vs Madrid, I actually blame Neuer. He had his worst game ever for Bayern and let 2/4 goals go in that should never go in and when on his game, would have stopped 3/4 goals. once it went 2-0, there was no game anywhere regardless of "fighting". Barcelona in the 2nd leg Bayern fought with everything. Pep was just a complete moron who put Bayern to attack 1-0 down at Camp Nou at the 80th minute, and they got buried on the counter.

This game they weren't running post red card. That's disappointing. :\

Bayern has 1% chance of going through with Lewy/Hummels injured. With both of them back, I give the team a 25% chance. Hopefully Lewandowski is ready and wants to make it up to the team.

azyless

Wow, every result was what I wanted so far. Shame Real couldn't score another goal or two during the 2nd half.
Hoping for Lyon in the Europa League now.

Syder

Pep_Pleased.png

Yes their attitude changed after the red card but it's the player fault who got the red card to begin with. Take your chances with 11 man than 10 men like who the hell commits a foul knowing they have a yellow like a minute ago. Dumb decision.

Also, I love Müller but we need someone better to back up Lewa.

Red card completely killed Bayern's momentum. Neuer saved the tie, and Madrid will have a real fight at the Bernabeu, especially since Lewy will be back.

Was Bale injured when he was subbed off?

spidye

I am so disappointed in this team

We never looked so out of place before. All the players lost any will to fight when we got the red

Ancelotti is the reason for this. Heynckes and even pep would have found the right words for this but not this coach

spidye

They've shown this trend to collapse in moments like this these past few years though. Wasn't that bad against Atletico, but against Real and Barca the team broke down.
This was not a collapse like in pep's times when his high offensive tactic got exposed

This was totally on the attitude

Dark Rider

Will Spanish football GAF not confirm that is how the big Spanish teams do it? Bribe the refs?

lol

/stillsaltyaboutthatNaniredcard

studs to the rips with clear injury on his rids but I guess his rips need to cave in for you to consider it a red?

2-1.

So can we please stop with the gloom and doom?

We are doing fine, and have the depth.

ok
the team played better than anticipated. we need for them to get in form fast and stay there

Lmao Ramos trying to remind them what time it was

everyone loves ramos on injury time corners

I'm afraid Real is going to regret not finishing Bayern today.

this is my worry too they can still come back and advance to the next round

I'm very happy.

I agree there

M8 stop

You played with your best squad other than pepe

I'm sure you would like your players to play while injured (carvajal) and having no subs for your defence (two out injured) is good.
Also having your best players play in shit form is not what I would call best squad.

but all that was before the match, we gained some of our form today and I'm happy for that. We need to be on our top game for the second leg. Bayern is still in this and can actually come back

Audioboxer

studs to the rips with clear injury on his rids but I guess his rips need to cave in for you to consider it a red?

ok
the team played better than anticipated. we need for them to get in form fast and stay there

everyone loves ramos on injury time corners

this is my worry too they can still come back and advance to the next round

I agree there

I'm sure you would like your players to play while injured (carvajal) and having no subs for your defence (two out injured) is good.
Also having your best players play in shit form is not what I would call best squad.

but all that was before the match, we gained some of our form today and I'm happy for that. We need to be on our top game for the second leg. Bayern is still in this and can actually come back

Eyes on the ball and the player jumped into him. Not going over it again but even good ole Mou and Ronaldo himself said "the best team lost".

I guess as Madrid fan you'll say it's a clear red and as a United fan I'll say it wasn't. Life will go on!

Whatyearisit.jpg

TimmmV

Eyes on the ball and the player jumped into him. Not going over it again but even good ole Mou and Ronaldo himself said "the best team lost".

I guess as Madrid fan you'll say it's a clear red and as a United fan I'll say it wasn't. Life will go on!

Whatyearisit.jpg

Mou was pushing for the United job so much after that game then lol, he was being uncharacteristically magnanimous

Dark Rider

Whatyearisit.jpg

according to FIFA if its dangerous then its a red. I don't know about you but studs to the rips with clear injury is dangerous there is no disputing it was dangerous. according to FIFA too it does not matter if it was intentional or not if it was dangerous so arguing about Nani intentions behind it is literally irrelevant. Nani intentions is subjective but since its irrelevant it should not be even brought up as the excuse why it shouldn't be red when the rules are clear any dangerous play is a red regardless of the intentions. And that is a good thing because putting the players on notice that 1) "accidents" will not go unpunished and 2) not to set a precedent that as long as your are not targeting anyone then you can play dangerously and get away with it since none of the injuries you cause was intentional. Think about it that would be a loophole basically.

So yes his intentions are irrelevant if the play is dangerous according to FIFA
indisputable dangerous play
red card by the book

Devil

Um, Boateng DID just come back from a long injury and with Hummels out, we actually had no single other CB on the bench. Don't know why you're talking in "woulds", it was like that.

The form is on the team, thats not an excuse for either team. We were missing our best player in the offense though, which was huge, but that is also no excuse for Müller playing as bad as he did in his stead.

I say we still have a slight chance if Hummels and Lewa come back. Without them we'd need a miracle though.

I actually don't think Real played that well until the (deserved) sendoff btw. I have rarely seen Bayern as afraid and bad after that though, which is completely on them and inexcusable. We had the match going for us at first and in the end still had too feel lucky that we didn't concede more because of our own stupidity.

Dark Rider

Um, Boateng DID just come back from a long injury

I would agree that being back from injury its hard to be on form but coming back from injury but being physically clear is one thing and playing while actually injured (carvajal) is another

and with Hummels out

Pepe and varane both were out

we actually had no single other CB on the bench. Don't know why you're talking in "woulds", it was like that.

We didn't have CBs either.
"would"
what I meant was yes BBC was playing but they were in shit form for a while to the point where the matches where they don't play we perform better so although BBC were playing I didn't look at it as out best squad unless of course the BBC get back to form in the match.

The form is on the team, thats not an excuse for either team.

I never said the players can excuse themselves
I will never excuse any of them if talked to their faces
I would know however when we will have a bad time because they are not on form and state not as an excuse for the players themselves but as an explanation of why my expectations were low for the match

We were missing our best player in the offense though, which was huge, but that is also no excuse for Müller playing as bad as he did in his stead

I hope he can make it back for the second leg
Bale was really bad today and went out with calf injury he might not play the second leg and that might be a good thing actually for the team he needs to get 100% before he is allowed back.

I say we still have a slight chance if Hummels and Lewa come back. Without them we'd need a miracle though.

Of course you have a chance your team is a top 5 team so of course Bayern have a chance, however if Real Madrid is back in form then Bayern will be in for a rough time

I actually don't think Real played that well until the (deserved) sendoff btw

It is the Allianz Arena
Bayern own stadium
and Real Madrid have their problems so being careful is key we are playing away against a top 5 team we should make sure that our team is solid so cation is advised but Real Madrid looked like they are just letting Bayern play out of their minds to kill them on the counter or absorb as much as possible of their energy and hit hard later on in the match. The send off of course accelerated that and made it easier with one more players on the pitch.

I have rarely seen Bayern as afraid and bad after that though, which is completely on them and inexcusable.

Maybe flash backs to the last game in the Allianz Arena?
they are one player down and know Real Madrid can kill on the counters so pressing forward could be lethal, again flash back to the last game and all

We had the match going for us at first and in the end still had too feel lucky that we didn't concede more because of our own stupidity.

Real Madrid should have scored at least 2 more :'(
I'm worried we might regret it in the second leg

I too feel like we needed that third goal, next week is not going to be easy. I suspect this weekend we'll rotate against Sporting (Isco, Kovacic, Danilo, James, Morata) and freshen up our troops for Tuesday.

Neuer kept the tie alive, surprised Zidane didn't go for the kill but I guess he didn't want to risk the lead.

Did anyone else think James was utter useless? His body language was really telling when he came on, he's already gone mentally IMO. Last game's substitution killed him.

Blablurn

I guess playing against German teams every week, while not really getting challenged, slowly shows its negativ influence. In the last 2 years I thought we just had no luck, but we lack cleverness and killer mentality. But how should you get it in the Bundesliga?

We may have the big names, but we don't have the big mentality.

Madrid got this. No doubt.

And we Bayern, should start to lower our expectations.

I don't think there is another way.

Oh yeah, one more thing: Buy another fucking striker that can come in if Lewa is out. Shameful.

Bla it's only 2-1, with Lewa back you guys are in it for sure. 1 quick goal and the game is wide open.

It's going to be cagey and restrictive but I'm sure Carlo can cook something for the game.

Top Bottom