• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

gamma

Look at the fckin replay.

Great dive.

2017-04-182tvs99.png

please

El Topo

You guys know the difference between diving and flopping, right? It looks like a penalty, even if Robben (as always) falls very theatrically.

El Topo

Well, I am reading to listen.

I would define a dive as an act where a player behaves as if there was a contact when there was none. (NO CONTACT - ARTIFICIAL REACTION)
In contrast, derived from basketball (albeit slightly different there), I would define a flop as an act where a player seeks contact and/or exaggerates the contact. (CONTACT - EXAGGERATED REACTION)

The thing with Robben isn't that he dives, it's that he seeks these contact situations and goes down as if he was brutally hit.

I would define a dive as an act where a player pretends a contact where there was none. (NO CONTACT - ARTIFICIAL REACTION)
In contrast, derived from basketball (albeit slightly different there), I would define a flop as an act where a player seeks contact and/or exaggerates the contact. (CONTACT - EXAGGERATED REACTION)

The thing with Robben isn't that he dives, it's that he seeks these contact situations and goes down as if he was brutally hit.

So he is a cunt confirmed ?
Mind you, I like him.

Top Bottom