• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Throwing dead rats at your opponent?

LD4QTvS.gif

GMtBF5n.gif

TySJPjQ.gif

Q8raY0P.png

Plenty alive rats outside the stadium though

n0tw8GM.gif

#justbrøndbythings

Audioboxer

Well done Arsenal. Tease the angry fans change might be on the way, rally around for a "spectacular" finish to the season to get Wenger his new 5 year contract.

Sneaking into 4th spot is still on.

Jarnet87

United control their own destiny still which means they are bound to fuck it up at some point, but if by some miracle they win 7/7 remaining games they guarantee themselves a top 4 spot. 3rd if they can close on Pool's goal difference of +5.

Audioboxer

Man Utd's run in will equal draws and I think a loss or two. Top 4 ain't happening, it has to be Europa.

I'm quietly confident Liverpool will manage to stay in there. It's City who I worry about. If Arsenal beat them, then I can see us managing to draw against them. Might shake Fraudiola into a frenzy.

Their run-in is quite easy though. Bets might be on Arsenal actually finishing 6th, or 5th if we do throw our tough run-in.

DBT85

United finishing 5th but winning the Europa League is a good season.
Indeed, especially considering that with like a goal in 3 of those games that we've drawn we'd be much much better off (possibly just 3 behind Chelsea), and there were plenty of those draws where we battered teams but couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo.

Considering the sheer numbers of games we've played, especially compared to Pool and Chelsea and the early reliance on Rooney before Mou stopped starting him, 5th and League Cup & Europa would be a good year.

With us still being level with Pool and 1 behind City with our games in hand (assuming we win
lol, draw
), 4th is still to play for. Though having Spurs, Arse and City to play in our last 8 isn't exactly a dream run in!

Man Utd's run in will equal draws and I think a loss or two. Top 4 ain't happening, it has to be Europa.

I'm quietly confident Liverpool will manage to stay in there. It's City who I worry about. If Arsenal beat them, then I can see us managing to draw against them. Might shake Fraudiola into a frenzy.

Their run-in is quite easy though. Bets might be on Arsenal actually finishing 6th, or 5th if we do throw our tough run-in.

I think we'll get a couple of draws but I'm not sure about losses. There's a reason we've got the second best defence and joint best loss total for the season, we've very rarely looked like getting beaten. I was convinced it would happen on Sunday but he got it spot on and he's done similar most of the year. Better finishing has been our key issue out of everything. We're the only team in the top SEVEN that dont have at least 60 goals, we don't even have 50!

We've also managed to close up on the GD to Pool and City, assuming we won our games in hand 1-0 we'd only be 3 behind both of them and it could prove vital come the end of the season with it being this close.

The win against Chelsea was crucial though, without it I think there really would have been no chance.

The City game will be similarly important.

Reckon Leicester could do it tonight. Exactly the kind of shit they would have pulled off last year. Unless if Griezmann is firing then RIP.

United finishing 5th but winning the Europa League is a good season.

It would be really. Especially if Leicester helped them deny 4th CL (pls no?

TimmmV

Winning the Europa League (and League cup) would be good, but United finishing 5th after spending all that money in the summer should be seen as a failure

Wasn't it £90m on Pogba, £25m on Mikhitaryan, £30m on Bailly and then Ibrahimovic and Mourinho both coming in for free but with huge wages?

Pachimari

Forgot it's a Champions League night tonight. I'm insanely excited for our match against Bayern, and it's pretty good Bale is out of this one, so hopefully Isco gets that starting spot.

Pachimari

How will your line-up look like? You'll have Lewandowski back too right?

I think we are gonna line up like this:

Navas
Carvajal - Nacho - Ramos - Marelo
Modric - Casemiro - Kroos
Isco - Benzema - Cristiano

Or Zizou will start with Lucas at right wing. Yeah seriously, I think he's gonna go for Lucas lol.

Top Bottom