• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Man Utd's run in will equal draws and I think a loss or two. Top 4 ain't happening, it has to be Europa.

I'm quietly confident Liverpool will manage to stay in there. It's City who I worry about. If Arsenal beat them, then I can see us managing to draw against them. Might shake Fraudiola into a frenzy.

Their run-in is quite easy though. Bets might be on Arsenal actually finishing 6th, or 5th if we do throw our tough run-in.
😂😂😂 mate heway

Audioboxer

😂😂😂 mate heway

Arsenal will do their strong finish to spread hope. Even Conte is having a rough squeaky bum time. I suspect Guardiola will too.

If there is one area Mou and Wenger do have experience it's handling a crazy final handful of games in the Premier League. Arsenal often do not bad in the FA Cup.

Jarnet87

Winning the Europa League (and League cup) would be good, but United finishing 5th after spending all that money in the summer should be seen as a failure

Wasn't it £90m on Pogba, £25m on Mikhitaryan, £30m on Bailly and then Ibrahimovic and Mourinho both coming in for free but with huge wages?

In terms of where they are likely to finish this year it's a disappointment, but those three players are likely to be building blocks for the future. Bailly has been the most consistent, Pogba and Mkhi at times showing how good they can be. I think United City and Arsenal all underperformed when you consider what each team spent in the summer.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal will do their strong finish to spread hope. Even Conte is having a rough squeaky bum time. I suspect Guardiola will too.

If there is one area Mou and Wenger do have experience it's handling a crazy final handful of games in the Premier League. Arsenal often do not bad in the FA Cup.
If we play like we did last night it'll be a 4-0 defeat

TimmmV

In terms of where they are likely to finish this year it's a disappointment, but those three players are likely to be building blocks for the future. Bailly has been the most consistent, Pogba and Mkhi at times showing how good they can be. I think United City and Arsenal all underperformed when you consider what each team spent in the summer.

City have definitely underperformed too, and iirc of their major signings only Sane (and maybe Gundogan) have been that good. Really, with their squad they should at least be 2nd and pushing for the league.

I was gonna disagree with you about Arsenal, but looked up their signings and see they spent £30m on Xhaka, £35m on Mustafi, and £17m on Perez; it really didn't feel like they spent that much. So yeah, thats pretty shocking really.

spidye

Not sure if best or worst picture ever

C9pU2wJXYAAJRF1.jpg:large
That was my greatest gripe with the game against real. We didn't fight. We just let them steam roll us

Today will be the first game this season I'm not really looking forward to :/

Bayern will get steamrolled again tonight. Their morals are definitely on the low side.

Also, they are older now. We have to cut them some slack. Such a dip in performance was bound to happen if the players would decline during the season, which happenned to Ribéry, Hummels, Boateng and Robben. Lahm, curiously, is still as valiant as he was back in 2003.

Dark Rider

We need to win this and we need to be on form for once to do that
hoping for the best we can do it if we play in form

play in form please

I hope we can control the game and set the tempo. That game late in 2016 versus Atletico comes to mind, we had control throughout the game.

I hope Zidane sets up something special.

Hala Madrid!

Dark Rider

good for Atletico

I didn't expect to see Audioboxer banned, hopefully its a temporary ban

EDIT:
we are wasting our chances
we will regret this :(

nitewulf

Man...the Bayern - Real game is breathtaking. How in hell are Ribery, Robben and Xavi still able to keep up at their mid 30s? Compared to these teams, teams like Arsenal do look like absolute amateurs.

Too bad Bayern fucked up so bad in the first game, cause they are to me a much more interesting team to watch (compared to Real Madrid).

I have to say however, that is impressive how good Marcelo's playing is. The guy is on fire everytime, both defending & attacking.

F34R

It's unreal why they don't have replay booth for all PK's awarded. smh. There are way too many that are shown to be dives.

Top Bottom