• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

c-ihfe2w0aqoqw5ksun7.jpg

longdi

Banned
Who celebrates by worshipping your own shirt? Is he asking fans to remember there is still Messi?
Seems like Messi mid-life doubts are still lingering.

If Cristiano manage to win the CL and LL this season, he definitely will win Fifa poty again, that would put him and Messi on a tie!

That celebration should be Messis statue in front of the stadium one day.

Yep.

It is so rare to see Messi celebrate his own greatness, he is always pointing at his team mates that assisted him or just doing a normal group celebration with the team.

To score his 500th goal, in the last seconds, in the bernabeu, to win the game and put la liga back up for grabs, after a great performance all game from him despite the bloody mouth and black eye, it was incredible to see him do that.

NHale

I love rumors. It appears Mourinho wants 55 new players for next season included 3 center backs and 5 new right backs. It's amazing. If I had to bet this is probably the list Lindelof, Nelson Semedo (reports say they signed the deal with Benfica for both in January), Fabinho (old Mourinho favorite when he brought him to Real Madrid and would fill two needs: RB and holding midfield), Bernardo Silva (United has a preferential clause included in the Martial deal, so they can match any offer Monaco receives) and Griezmann (that's obvious especially after what happened with Ibra).

And that Ramos defending is just abysmal there. And people call him the best CB. Really guys.O_O

Only Real Madrid media calls him the best CB. Some people are fooled by the goals he scores and the odd game where he plays without a mistake. He's just a less error prone David Luiz, and if he doesn't have a central defender partner that is very good and quick to cover over for his mistakes than he gets exposed. Nacho is not Pepe or Varane, so we see Ramos problems more easily. It's like Pique, playing with Puyol he looked unbeatable, without him he looks much more vulnerable.

Ramos is not bad by any means but to me he's not anywhere near the level of guys like Bonucci, Chiellini or Thiago Silva. Pepe is on the decline but when his head is on the right place is a much more reliable center back than Ramos like the Euros showed.

Embarrassing. That is even worse than Ronaldo levels of bad. I like Barca but Piqué and Messi lately make them look very salty.

They were hacking him down all game, made his mouth bleed, he scored the winner and his 500th goal in the last seconds away to Madrid with all their fans booing every time he touched the ball to keep la liga race alive..

He will never do a celebration like that again, but it was worthy of this moment because he has to make sure Madrid fans never forget him :)

Like I said above, he never does these things, usually hugs and points at team mates, but this moment was different.

GOAT

Incredible

Fdkn

I've always said that there is no way the best CB in the world is only remembered by goals scored and not by defensive matches, and I've been always right.

Ramos is like a double edged sword, he can fail miserably in every match and he can rescue you in the last minutes

casiopao

I love rumors. It appears Mourinho wants 55 new players for next season included 3 center backs and 5 new right backs. It's amazing. If I had to bet this is probably the list Lindelof, Nelson Semedo (reports say they signed the deal with Benfica for both in January), Fabinho (old Mourinho favorite when he brought him to Real Madrid and would fill two needs: RB and holding midfield), Bernardo Silva (United has a preferential clause included in the Martial deal, so they can match any offer Monaco receives) and Griezmann (that's obvious especially after what happened with Ibra).

Only Real Madrid media calls him the best CB. Some people are fooled by the goals he scores and the odd game where he plays without a mistake. He's just a less error prone David Luiz, and if he doesn't have a central defender partner that is very good and quick to cover over for his mistakes than he gets exposed. Nacho is not Pepe or Varane, so we see Ramos problems more easily. It's like Pique, playing with Puyol he looked unbeatable, without him he looks much more vulnerable.

Ramos is not bad by any means but to me he's not anywhere near the level of guys like Bonucci, Chiellini or Thiago Silva. Pepe is on the decline but when his head is on the right place is a much more reliable center back than Ramos like the Euros showed.

Yeah. I always feel a bit sour lol. As they almost said that Pique or Ramos is like the best CB but they are not well known for their defensive skills there.

Bonu,Chiellini, and Barzagli is what a proper defender for me here.

Chiellini the hardwork king kong who will deliver the hard tackle and more physical defences.
Barzagli which focus more on positioning to close down opponent offensive holes.
Bonucci the technical one who control the defensive with Buffon and had the great legs to quickly launch the ball to mid or forward line to clean up from danger.

But i do agree that Juve BBC is not really pleasing in the eyes of neutral there which is why they rarely hold the best CB ranking in the eyes of many.T_T

I've always said that there is no way the best CB in the world is only remembered by goals scored and not by defensive matches, and I've been always right.

Ramos is like a double edged sword, he can fail miserably in every match and he can rescue you in the last minutes

I don't really think so actually lol. With how now younger football fans seems to develop and don't give a crap about defending, i think we would probably see more of Ramos and Pique type to the future there rather than the traditional Italian defender.

Jack cw

They were hacking him down all game, made his mouth bleed, he scored the winner and his 500th goal in the last seconds away to Madrid with all their fans booing every time he touched the ball to keep la liga race alive..

He will never do a celebration like that again, but it was worthy of this moment because he has to make sure Madrid fans never forget him :)

Like I said above, he never does these things, usually hugs and points at team mates, but this moment was different.

GOAT

Incredible
Just as incredible as Ronaldos totally idiotic 50 celebration 2014. Anyway, it says a lot about your character if you need to compensate something with a pose like this against some moronic football fans. This is some poor man's copy of Muhammad Alis iconic moment where all it does and shows is a ridicolous self performance. His game was great and he doesnt need to go as low as the Madrid supporters.

Beefy

Just as incredible as Ronaldos totally idiotic 50 celebration 2014. Anyway, it says a lot about your character if you need to compensate something with a pose like this against some moronic football fans. This is some poor man's copy of Muhammad Alis iconic moment where all it does and shows is a ridicolous self performance. His game was great and he doesnt need to go as low as the Madrid supporters.

I see nothing wrong with the celebration.

DBT85

#GriezmOn

"We're at the stage of gathering information from clubs who have a concrete interest," he told French TV show Telefoot.

"There is an unavoidable €100m clause so that restricts the number of candidates. You have United, City, Chelsea, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

"United were the first to come and see us and the most concrete in their wishes."

The summer sage is on!

DBT85

Until he ends up at City.

We shall have to see. Unlike most foreign footballers he seems to know that there is no club just called "Manchester", so he can't get confused ;) Reported to be a United/Beckham fan too.

Also not sure where City play him with Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, and DeBruyne.

casiopao

Pioli given the "vote of confidence".

Till summer where he is outed lol. Inter upper head had always problem there lol.^^

We shall have to see. Unlike most foreign footballers he seems to know that there is no club just called "Manchester", so he can't get confused ;) Reported to be a United/Beckham fan too.

Also not sure where City play him with Aguero, Jesus, Sterling, and DeBruyne.

I thought, next year, Aguero is going out?

I thought, next year, Aguero is going out?

I wouldn't be surprised if Aguero went. He just can't do what Pep wants and when he had the chance to play Sterling, Sane and Jesus together it was clear that Aguero isn't anywhere near the type of player required for the role. I thought Unal would have been perfect but as he can't get a work permit he looks likely to end up somewhere like Bayern.

Carbonox

Newcastle 4-1 Preston, 25 mins to go, Preston down to 10 men....

we're back in the prem baby

Shame there likely won't be all 3 north-east teams in the Prem next season. Would have been a cool thing to have.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.

Shame there likely won't be all 3 north-east teams in the Prem next season. Would have been a cool thing to have.

That was some way to give up a penalty.

Congrats Newcastle. Guess Wembley will have to do for Town ;)

casiopao

Roma still holding that scudetto dream alive with beating Pescara 4-1.^^

Juventus rest match schedule is not all easy too. Juventus is going to face the dark horse Atlanta which have been wonderful to watch all this seasons, Monaco and then Roma itself.

Hope Juventus won't slip at all there.T_T Keeping the treble dream alive lol.^^

casiopao

Sorry for the dopost here. But there has been rumour that Douglas Costa is moving out from the Bavarian there to Juventus.

Is there any truth to this rumor guys? or just normal transfer hoax lol.

El Topo

I think Costa in particular has lost a lot of his stock at Bayern this season. Maybe a loan? I think the relationship with Juventus is good enough that Bayern would sell though.
Sanches, Coman, Costa, Kimmich and Müller were disappointing this season. I blame Ancelotti.

Pachimari

I couldn't watch the second half of El Clasico last night which bummed me out, but they had major problems with the streams during that match. I'm okay with losing at home to Barca at this point, but with a game in hand we got to win the rest of the matches, and Zidane has to use that depth our squad has some more and put the BBC in the trash. Give Isco his deserved minutes and give him a good run to show him trust and for him to be match ready every single week. And I wouldn't be opposed to starting James or Asensio instead of Casemiro in our home matches. Maybe even switch Benzema for Morata at this point. We have the players, but Zidane has to used his squad differently.

I still feel like we will take home the league, but the Champions League will be complicated no matter who of the remaining teams we'll meet. They are all very good teams at this stage of the competition.

casiopao

I think Costa in particular has lost a lot of his stock at Bayern this season. Maybe a loan? I think the relationship with Juventus is good enough that Bayern would sell though.
Sanches, Coman, Costa, Kimmich and Müller were disappointing this season. I blame Ancelotti.

I would hope so here.^^ But i do had the fear that Juventus is going to be so stacked that selling player is a must here.

Even before the transfer started, we already sign 3 promising young players there.(i hope they get loaned first there as they are just going to root on bench with the current Juventus.) And this is also not considering the number of huge highly possible rumour that linked Juventus here.

MdS to Juventus
Tolliso to Juventus
Douglas Costa to Juventus
Bernadeschi to Juventus
Alexis Sanchez to Juventus

I am sure as hell many of this rumour is going to be a hoax there. i sure hope we won't get trolled like Draxler Saga again for Juventus here.T_T

On the other hand.....when are u guys going to make the Coman deal there lol.^^ We at Juve can't wait for the muney there.^^

I couldn't watch the second half of El Clasico last night which bummed me out, but they had major problems with the streams during that match. I'm okay with losing at home to Barca at this point, but with a game in hand we got to win the rest of the matches, and Zidane has to use that depth our squad has some more and put the BBC in the trash. Give Isco his deserved minutes and give him a good run to show him trust and for him to be match ready every single week. And I wouldn't be opposed to starting James or Asensio instead of Casemiro in our home matches. Maybe even switch Benzema for Morata at this point. We have the players, but Zidane has to used his squad differently.

I still feel like we will take home the league, but the Champions League will be complicated no matter who of the remaining teams we'll meet. They are all very good teams at this stage of the competition.

I am still confused here on how Zizou is still using BBC especially when Benzema form is quite bad right now.(His ball movement is not as sharp as before.) and worst using Bale when he is not even fully fit. Like wut?

U guys had Morata there. U guys should use him there.

Isco, James and Asensio is also all top quality player that is worthy of first team spot but sadly never seems to had any proper playing time there.

choodi

Banned

Going to be interesting to see what sort of investment Ashley makes in the team next season. Rafa has to be given some significant funds.

I'm not sad to see us as the only North East team. If rather not give up 4-6 points to fucking Sunderland every year.

Gothos

I would love to see Alexis Sanchez in Bayern Munich. Just so my man Lewa might have a decent chance of winning CL :) He would be perfect on wing or could play as typical 9 if Lewa needs some rest. Perfect transfer. Now, Arsenal ony needs to finish on 5th or 6th :p

casiopao

I would love to see Alexis Sanchez in Bayern Munich. Just so my man Lewa might have a decent chance of winning CL :) He would be perfect on wing or could play as typical 9 if Lewa needs some rest. Perfect transfer. Now, Arsenal ony needs to finish on 5th or 6th :p

Juventus first baby lol.^^ Juventus had been dreaming for CL like forever lol. But.... i think if we really did get Douglas Costa there, we won't get Sanchez for sure there as it is going to be crazily crowded left wing lol. Cuadrado, Costa, and with Sanchez is going to be one hell of trouble where all player would want to hold that first team position.^^

casiopao

There's actually speculation that Bayern might not permanently sign him, which is crazy talk to me, but who knows?

......... that is going to burn tons of Juventus bridge here.O_O Juventus is happy that we won't even need to see Coman anymore there.

Well, if he did return, i guess Juventus will quickly ship him to any PL highest bidder to finish all this mess.

Pachimari

Official: Bale is out for the next 3 weeks. He will miss the semi finals against Atletico. He will now try get reset for the last week of the season and an eventual Champions League final.

Isco and Real Madrid has also come to an agreement to extend his contract to 2022 which will see him earn €6 million a year.

This makes me relieved although the signing won't happen until the summer. So hopefully we sell James who can get more playing time elsewhere, and hopefully Isco and Asension's playing time increases next season. And hopefully we won't buy another striker, so that Morata can get more playing time if Benzema doesn't improve.

I'm also really not sure that we need another left back, since Coentrao seems to do okay when Marcelo is out or needs a rest. But if we offload the Portuguese then sure we will need to look for one. Jesus Vallejo can replace Pepe, although he has been injured since February.

I'm not even sure if we should get another defensive midfielder. I would prefer we play Modric, Kroos and Isco in home matches and just uses Casemiro for away or difficult ones. We could always bring back Marcos Llorente but I would prefer he gets another season to develop in Alaves.

casiopao

Official: Bale is out for the next 3 weeks. He will miss the semi finals against Atletico. He will now try get reset for the last week of the season and an eventual Champions League final.

Isco and Real Madrid has also come to an agreement to extend his contract to 2022 which will see him earn €6 million a year.

This makes me relieved although the signing won't happen until the summer. So hopefully we sell James who can get more playing time elsewhere, and hopefully Isco and Asension's playing time increases next season. And hopefully we won't buy another striker, so that Morata can get more playing time if Benzema doesn't improve.

I'm also really not sure that we need another left back, since Coentrao seems to do okay when Marcelo is out or needs a rest. But if we offload the Portuguese then sure we will need to look for one. Jesus Vallejo can replace Pepe, although he has been injured since February.

I'm not even sure if we should get another defensive midfielder. I would prefer we play Modric, Kroos and Isco in home matches and just uses Casemiro for away or difficult ones. We could always bring back Marcos Llorente but I would prefer he gets another season to develop in Alaves.

Isn't there also tons of rumours coming out saying that Morata probably is going to move to Chelsea and James also out of RM? I mean, i actually think that selling Benzema is a much better choice there rather than allowing Morata or James out of RM there.

But well, it is always RM ways which is to go and buy tons of top player there.^^

And of course, that Isco contract is a great catch there.^^ Hope u guys will use him more too there.^^

Top Bottom