• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Dark Rider

a draw was never meant to be
especially after 120 minutes in the UCL the playing basically the same players in this match that is why I was fine with a draw today but we did not sub our players soon enough and ended up with a lose

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Real should have been more careful after James's goal. Everybody was out attacking and only 3 people at the back when you're already with a man less.

Plus Kovacic and Asensio weren't really up to the task. Asensio send to pay well enough only in CL for whatever reason. Maybe he was tired.

Kuro

Real should have been more careful after James's goal. Everybody was out attacking and only 3 people at the back when you're already with a man less.

Plus Kovacic and Asensio weren't really up to the task. Asensio send to pay well enough only in CL for whatever reason. Maybe he was tired.

Huge mistake from Zidane. Absolutely stupid to do that when you only need a draw and you're down a man. He should have made the team park the bus but he didn't and now he's paying the price. Messi continues to be the only reason Barcelona is any good. They would be absolutely nothing without him.

Zasa

6 minutes left in the OL vs Monaco game. Monaco up 2-1 & are top of the league if the results stand due to goal difference & have one game in hand on top of that. Would tune in if you can, great match thus far.

Ledbetter

What a great Clásico and Messi is just unbelievable.

I think Zidane made the mistake of putting Kovacic instead of Isco. Asensio was ok, I mean, everything is better than Benzema at this point.

bIQiYud.jpg

this is iconic af

Beefy

What a great Clásico and Messi is just unbelievable.

I think Zidane made the mistake of putting Kovacic instead of Isco. Asensio was ok, I mean, everything is better than Benzema at this point.

Asensio looked good to me. That pass to Ronaldo only for Ronaldo to fuck it up..

this is iconic af

It is, I love Messi being expressively on fire. Ronaldo is always expressive, but Messi no. I love when he is fired up but shows it which is rare. Great Messi image holding his shirt.

Being a Madrid fan is awful. Marcelo just had to foul Sergi Roberto. Such a simple thing to do. But no.... He let him go, then it's obvious it's a goal, Messi is a top finisher. I can't deal with how Madrid plays and the childish mistakes all the time. I sometimes regret starting to watch them, when Mourinho went there, so I could watch the Portuguese armada. Now I'm emotionally attached to them and as always to Ronaldo, and I feel for him, every season I feel he's helping (bearing in mind he can't play well all the time, like Messi), yet the fuck ups are too many, and mostly on the back 4. It's like the 6th season where this happens, I see the upper field players mostly doing their job, yet the defense...

I feel for Ronaldo, I feel another league going to Barcelona, and Real getting knocked out against Atlético.

Even though I said this, it's just class to watch Messi play. Even though it wasn't a pleasure this time for the scoreboard. He's a bit better than Ronaldo, but it's been a pleasure to watch both these years, way above anyone else.

Edit: that right footed touch before scoring the 1st goal! That was class from Messi.

Nerokis

Painful day to be a Real Madrid fan. One of those roller coaster games that's filled to the brim with what-ifs and regret.

It was naive to get caught up in the momentum of the last ~15 minutes. We ended up going all out for the win, and forgot that it might be worth maintaining our defensive organization, as well. And how did no one stop Roberto's run? How? In those circumstances?

Also, this game was a mixed bag for Zidane at best, and a total fuck up at worst. Starting Bale was a mistake. Isco, James, Morata, Kovacic rotting on the bench while Benzema gets rewarded for underwhelming performance after underwhelming performance also feels like a mistake. His subs were on point, though, even though his hand was forced with two of those. So there's that.

After our last loss at the Bernabéu to Barca, things changed. We had been going through rough waters with Benitez, and it culiminated there. James ended up being one of the scapegoats for the loss, even though the entire team was a disorganized mess from one end of the pitch to the other, and he hadn't been given many minutes to return to form after a 3 month long injury. That Clasico became a big part of the argument for starting Casemiro over him.

This time, will something be changed with the BBC? Because the idea that "the BBC will start whenever they're fit" is obviously flawed. All three of our forwards were disappointments today.

casiopao

Fiorentina – Inter 5-4
Sassuolo – Napoli 2-2
Milan – Empoli 1-2
Juventus – Genoa 4-0

Numero Uno.^^

And that Ramos defending is just abysmal there. And people call him the best CB. Really guys.O_O

Top Bottom