• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Pachimari

Isn't there also tons of rumours coming out saying that Morata probably is going to move to Chelsea and James also out of RM? I mean, i actually think that selling Benzema is a much better choice there rather than allowing Morata or James out of RM there.

I'm not buying any of those rumors. Morata legit wants to be here, but I think he will be unhappy about the amount of minutes he has gotten this season. I think he'll stay here one more season and if the situation doesn't change then he's off.

Elchele

I think Costa in particular has lost a lot of his stock at Bayern this season. Maybe a loan? I think the relationship with Juventus is good enough that Bayern would sell though.
Sanches, Coman, Costa, Kimmich and Müller were disappointing this season. I blame Ancelotti.

I think Klopp wants him
and China too
ship him to China and sign Alexis.

casiopao

Man. nowadays young talented youngsters is crazily expensive. Like wut.O_O

21 years old Patrik Schick from Sampdoria is probably going to cost Juventus 25 mil+bonus and adding Bentacur for loan to Sampdoria too. Patrik is also going to stay on loan to Sampdoria till 2018.

This is one of hefty investment there. Why the hell is the market so expensive nowadays.T_T

I can see Florentino selling off Morata to Chelsea and snapping up Aguero in City.

Fuck, I will puke if this happens.

I don't think Florentino is that.......stupid right? Why would he sell of a really talented player and change for an inferior player? I mean wut?

And, i also can't see how Aguero would want to rot in the bench there.

Syder

I don't think Florentino is that.......stupid right? Why would he sell of a really talented player and change for an inferior player? I mean wut?
on what planet is Alvaro Morata better than Sergio Agüero?

Agüero is one the best strikers of the PL era. I don't see anyone stumping up the required fee to attain his services, unless City are willing to let him go at a cut price which would be Pep's worst mistake since letting Hart go.

casiopao

on what planet is Alvaro Morata better than Sergio Agüero?

Agüero is one the best strikers of the PL era. I don't see anyone stumping up the required fee to attain his services, unless City are willing to let him go at a cut price which would be Pep's worst mistake since letting Hart go.

Morata had the potential to become better as he is younger(24 years old) and also much more marketable vs Aguero who right now is on 28 years old which we had seen also somewhat inconsistent this season.

Oot: Letting Hart goes is not his biggest mistake considering how much time Hart had failed Torino by allowing many easy goals lol.^^ Many of Torino draw and defeat is more or less thanks to Hart there.

Syder

Morata had the potential to become better as he is younger(24 years old) and also much more marketable vs Aguero who right now is on 28 years old which we had seen also somewhat inconsistent this season.
Morata's good but he's 24 and isn't close to being as good as Agüero was at that age. Real took Morata back because it was good business not because they intend to use him much in the future.
Oot: Letting Hart goes is not his biggest mistake considering how much time Hart had failed Torino by allowing many easy goals lol.^^ Many of Torino draw and defeat is more or less thanks to Hart there.
I wouldn't take anything away from Hart. Torino had it's entire defence ripped apart last Summer and I think Hart's done pretty well to adapt considering how rare it is for English players to move to the continent.

casiopao

Morata's good but he's 24 and isn't close to being as good as Agüero was at that age. Real took Morata back because it was good business not because they intend to use him much in the future.I wouldn't take anything away from Hart. Torino had it's entire defence ripped apart last Summer and I think Hart's done pretty well to adapt considering how rare it is for English players to move to the continent.

I guess we will just agree and disagree there. During his venture in Juventus for 2 years, Morata had more or less been Juventus talisman there. He scored many UCL goals for Juventus which also help Juventus to reach final. If RM does not take him back last transfer, i could see Juventus not buying Higuain and just use Morata at Higuain position there.

Hart comes to II Toro should had known that he is not going to play with powerful team on the back there. But he still have costed the team more than once on his blunder. i mean, his latest blunder against Inter Milan had cost Torino a draw there. For me, i always believe that Hart is just bang average Keeper which had been overhype by the usual English pundit there.

Syder

Hart comes to II Toro should had known that he is not going to play with powerful team on the back there. But he still have costed the team more than once on his blunder. i mean, his latest blunder against Inter Milan had cost Torino a draw there. For me, i always believe that Hart is just bang average Keeper which had been overhype by the usual English pundit there.
No one in England thinks Hart is a world class keeper.

He's better than Caballero and Bravo though.

casiopao

No one in England thinks Hart is a world class keeper.

He's better than Caballero and Bravo though.

I don't follow City as much as Serie A team here for sure. But i don't think Bravo had as much error as Hart this season right. Or i am wrong here.

DBT85

I don't follow City as much as Serie A team here for sure. But i don't think Bravo had as much error as Hart this season right. Or i am wrong here.

This was from January
goalkeeper-last-22-shots-faced.jpg

From Feb

Worst save success in the PL in 2017 (2+ apps)
C. Bravo (11.1%)
A. Boruc (34.8%)
S. Mignolet (47.1%)
F. Forster (55%)
K. Schmeichel (56.5%)

From March some papers were running with the stat that he's been beaten by the first shot on goal in 13 of his 25 games this season.

giphy.gif

casiopao

That goal conceded number+ data from Squawka comparing Bravo and Hart literally open my eyes lol.O_O

And here i think Joe Hart is bad. Bravo is even worst. What in the hell? This data literally put even Juventus second place keeper Neto to be better than both Claudio and Hart there. How can City which had unlimited muney allow this to happen?

City really need to start looking for proper keeper next mercato here. It is crazy to see how bad City's line of keeper is.

Handanovic from Inter should not be a bad idea considering how good he is for Inter. But i sure don't know Pep criteria to be allowed to play for him there.
Skorupski from Empoli should also be a great goalkeeper to follow there. Also still 25 and showing his great potential by denying Napoli numerous goals before.

Syder

Hart shouldn't be considered world class, I don't think he's even in the top 3 best English keepers (Forster, Heaton & Foster are better) but the way Pep cast him aside in favour of Bravo is downright hilarious.

casiopao

Because His Grace Lord Peppen The Untrophied* wanted someone in goal who could kick it, but not actually keep goal.

Lol. Football had gone insane recently i think.T_T Call me oldstyle or ancient folks, but i always will rate keeper like Buffon who is great in his saving skill and defense coordination ten times better than keeper who is good in his foot there.

This also goes the same way with CB where i will always rate those who actually knows how to defense more than Strikers who pretend to be CB.

Hart shouldn't be considered world class, I don't think he's even in the top 3 best English keepers (Forster, Heaton & Foster are better) but the way Pep cast him aside in favour of Bravo is downright hilarious.

Maybe i just read or hear too much English pundits/newspaper who always claim that Hart is some kind of best keeper in England. So when he comes to Torino, everyone is keeping eyes on him and voila. Blunder and blunder keep coming lol. He is like Pepe Reina literally there except Reina is actually better than him. But i guess, Bravo is even worst huh. Thats shocking lol.

Tubie

Lol. Football had gone insane recently i think.T_T Call me oldstyle or ancient folks, but i always will rate keeper like Buffon who is great in his saving skill and defense coordination ten times better than keeper who is good in his foot there.

This also goes the same way with CB where i will always rate those who actually knows how to defense more than Strikers who pretend to be CB.

Maybe i just read or hear too much English pundits/newspaper who always claim that Hart is some kind of best keeper in England. So when he comes to Torino, everyone is keeping eyes on him and voila. Blunder and blunder keep coming lol. He is like Pepe Reina literally there except Reina is actually better than him. But i guess, Bravo is even worst huh. Thats shocking lol.

Hart was always a joke, as are most of the "big name" English players. They may look good in the PL, but you have to take into account that the premier league just sucks when compared to the Spanish league.

PS: I'm so happy we have a Juve/Serie A follower in this thread now, I want Juve to win it if Real can't make it to the final :)

casiopao

Hart was always a joke, as are most of the "big name" English players. They may look good in the PL, but you have to take into account that the premier league just sucks when compared to the Spanish league.

PS: I'm so happy we have a Juve/Serie A follower in this thread now, I want Juve to win it if Real can't make it to the final :)

Tx for having me here lol.^^ I had been long follower for Serie A and i still feel sad that Serie A is not really loved nowadays.T_T

The stereotype that Serie A is slow and super defensive had been kinda wrong since 3 last season if you ask me. Especially this season.

Napoli plays quick, fast paced, and nice to look offensive football. Under Sarri, Napoli had become one of the strongest offensive team in Serie A there with tons of goals and shots. However their backline had failed them quite a number of time this season. As for every goal they scored, they will also concede more.

Juventus on the other hand still hold the true Italian name which is called Grinta. Focus more on hardworking backline and maintaining tempo. After 2-3 goals. Most of the time, FW and midfield will be pull a bit back to make sure that they are not exhausting themselves too much for the upcoming matches. The weakness is that Juventus will sometimes looks not pressed for victory as motivation is kinda hard to find.(Especially when Allegri loves asking the team to slow down the tempo after a single goal lol.)

Roma focus more like Barca which is taking control of midfield with their physical and strong midfield player like Radja Naingolan and Strootman. Another Italian team which also loves playing offensive. But unlike Napoli, the team is more balanced in their backline which is why the goal they conceded is not that much.
The biggest problem for Roma right now is Mentality. They always screw up during the most important moment. I would think them a bit like Spurs right now in EPL.^^

The rest is probably considerable weaker team but some is also highly interesting to watch.
Atlanta is the new rising team which is so nice to watch with Mattia Caldara+Andrea Conti, Spinazzola and the current hot prospect Frank Kessie.^^

And if the deal between Juventus and Sampdoria work next season, prepare to see them rising too with the combination of Patrik Schick and Rodrigo Bentacur to push the team.^^

I may not follow EPL so much but, Spurs looks nice to watch this year.^^ The really feel like Roma when they are in form. And Chelsea well is Chelsea with Conte guidance but they will soon face Europe competition too so for Chelsea fans better prepare themselves there as Conte record there is not so good.^^

Pachimari

I'm a huge fan of Morata, but he is nowhere near as talented as Aguero was at his age. I don't want Aguero but he would be more marketable and he would sell more shirts than Morata no matter his 28 years of age.

Pachimari

No Ronaldo or Kroos in the squad.

No surprise there. Cristiano Ronaldo has been on a new training schedule this whole season in order to optimize his game for the late season, thus Zidane and he has agreed that he will get less matches during this season. Him being out of a match against Deportivo is just according to plan.

I'm fine with Kroos getting a rest too. Kovacic or Isco can easily slot in there.

We have to win this match though. We are having some very difficult ones coming up, like away games against Celta and Granada, and we still need to host Sevilla.

City really need to start looking for proper keeper next mercato here. It is crazy to see how bad City's line of keeper is.

Yup we do, but we need players who know how to defend even more so and pretty clear watching them play why Bonucci was so heavily targeted last summer, it seemed he was intended to be the crux at the back where a player like Bravo would have massively benefitted from.

Mbappé was the current rumoured main target until the figure of €110 million was raised which follows United bid of €70 million but there are much bigger areas of concern on the field and they haven't been addressed in about three seasons so it is frustrating to constantly watch Txik miss the mark so many times.

Aguero on the other hand has been off this season simply because he is being forced to play in a way that is clearly not suited to, place him alongside Kane or Costa at Spurs or Chelsea and he would probably be pushing for the golden boot.

casiopao

Yup we do, but we need players who know how to defend even more so and pretty clear watching them play why Bonucci was so heavily targeted last summer, it seemed he was intended to be the crux at the back where a player like Bravo would have massively benefitted from.

Mbappé was the current rumoured main target until the figure of €110 million was raised which follows United bid of €70 million but there are much bigger areas of concern on the field and they haven't been addressed in about three seasons so it is frustrating to constantly watch Txik miss the mark so many times.

Aguero on the other hand has been off this season simply because he is being forced to play in a way that is clearly not suited to, place him alongside Kane or Costa at Spurs or Chelsea and he would probably be pushing for the golden boot.

U guys better put that fat and greasy hand away from our Bonucci lol.^^ He is one of most priced CB here.^^ Before our Rugani and Caldara is grown up enough, i sure won't want Bonucci away from Juventus lol.

And..... MC still wanted to get another FW there?O_O With such huge problem with the CB and Goalkeeper lol.^^

Juventus already had enough FW so i don't want Juve to even consider Mbappe there. I would rather seeing us growing Moise Kean first maybe in cup game rather than go looking for more FW from other team.^^

Joey Barton banned for 18 months for betting offences.

Incredibly harsh. Unless they're betting on their on side to lose and try to throw the game I honestly can't see a problem with players placing bets. What should it matter if he bets on the outcome of a Chelsea vs Man United game or whatever?

Edit: Oh, he actually did bet on his on sides. Hmm. That's rather stupid.

Beefy

Joey Barton banned for 18 months for betting offences.

Incredibly harsh. Unless they're betting on their on side to lose and try to throw the game I honestly can't see a problem with players placing bets. What should it matter if he bets on the outcome of a Chelsea vs Man United game or whatever?

Edit: Oh, he actually did bet on his on sides. Hmm. That's rather stupid.

He got off lightly with the amount of bets he put on.

DBT85

After the shit hes done over the years on the pitch I'm ok if they want to be over harsh. They all know the rules.

Because they talk to each other and say "I'm going to do a thing" and their mates in other teams bet on it? There is a perfectly good reason they aren't allowed to do it.

King_Moc

Banned
You used to get games where a team would boot the ball our from the kick off because one of them has bet on the time of the first throw in. It was so stupid. All betting has to be disqualified for players, it's not like they aren't on enough money.

U guys better put that fat and greasy hand away from our Bonucci lol.^^ He is one of most priced CB here.^^ Before our Rugani and Caldara is grown up enough, i sure won't want Bonucci away from Juventus lol.

And..... MC still wanted to get another FW there?O_O With such huge problem with the CB and Goalkeeper lol.^^

Juventus already had enough FW so i don't want Juve to even consider Mbappe there. I would rather seeing us growing Moise Kean first maybe in cup game rather than go looking for more FW from other team.^^

City have even more problems than that, lots of square pegs in round holes at the moment and a lot of players with contracts set to expire in the summer and don't look likely to be kept on. In many cases with nobody to fill those positions such as the wing backs which doesn't give a good negotiation point with other clubs. There are very few players in the squad that fit Peps play style; Silva, de Bruyne, Sane, Jesus, Sterling, and Fernandinho do but that leaves us with a goalkeeper, an entire backline, a defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker and a backup forward that all need sorting. The team have been much better to watch than in recent years and real technical skill is starting to appear as a standard but Pep has already done worse than Pellegrini last year.

casiopao

City have even more problems than that, lots of square pegs in round holes at the moment and a lot of players with contracts set to expire in the summer and don't look likely to be kept on. In many cases with nobody to fill those positions such as the wing backs which doesn't give a good negotiation point with other clubs. There are very few players in the squad that fit Peps play style; Silva, de Bruyne, Sane, Jesus, Sterling, and Fernandinho do but that leaves us with a goalkeeper, an entire backline, a defensive midfielder/deep lying playmaker and a backup forward that all need sorting. The team have been much better to watch than in recent years and real technical skill is starting to appear as a standard but Pep has already done worse than Pellegrini last year.

Umm. That sounds like you guys literally need to change almost the whole team there lol.

And i also am not sure how well that would be there as synergy between player would also be important. You can't just buy top player and then believe everything will be okay there. I mean that is the main problem of the current MU team lol. Where they just keep buying and then selling ASAP as they don't have the patient there.

Top Bottom