• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

eldudebro

Mbappe is going to be a superstar.

Good first half for Juve. Well taken goal.

Hope they win the competition. Will be criminal for a player as talented as Buffon not to win a champions league medal in his career.

casiopao

Yeahhhh.^^ Juventus win.^^ I thought without Cuadrado we will had hard time there.T_T But Higuain Alves and Dybala combi is doing miracle there.^^

That new formation with BBC at the back +Alves is also damn good.^^ Now, lets hope the team won't get overconfidence for the home game.^^

casiopao

The semis turned out to be quite anticlimactic in the end. The final can't come soon enough.

Hey. Don't u go jinx it here.T_T Juve vs Monaco score can still be overturn in Turin there. It is only 2-0 after all.

Hope Buffon and crew stay focused till the match is over next week.^^

Costa has apparently signed a pre-contract with Tianjin, transfer fee is rumoured to be around £90M. Can't say I am unhappy about that.

I'll still miss him though.

casiopao

Costa has apparently signed a pre-contract with Tianjin, transfer fee is rumoured to be around £90M. Can't say I am unhappy about that.

I'll still miss him though.

Wow. That Higuain price.O_O Guess with this, it is almost guaranteed that Chelsea is going for shopping spree next season huh. I wonder if Morata really is going for Chelsea there.^^

NHale

Portuguese newspapers believe the Telegraph rumors about Marco Silva (Southampton, Watford, West Ham and Hull City want him next season).

Quite frankly I don't see Southampton or Watford changing managers even considering Watford dismissed Quique Flores after a very good season last year.

There is also a possibility that he finally lands the manager job at FC Porto if things don't go well in the last part of the season for them.

Pachimari

Wow. That Higuain price.O_O Guess with this, it is almost guaranteed that Chelsea is going for shopping spree next season huh. I wonder if Morata really is going for Chelsea there.^^
I wouldn't blame Morata going to Chelsea and I would be happy for him. But I really hope he stays here and gets groomed into a first choice striker here.

casiopao

I wouldn't blame Morata going to Chelsea and I would be happy for him. But I really hope he stays here and gets groomed into a first choice striker here.

Well, with all the rumour saying that u guys at RM is going to target Mbappe, i can see why Morata probably don't see his future in RM anymore.

RocknRola

RM vs Juve in the final huh... (unless somehow Atletico and Monaco do the "impossible" per say).

Should be a good game for sure. Both will need to bring their A game to beat each other, though since it's a single match I *think* Real has a slightly better chance (not by much). If for nothing else, only because they're a far more experienced team in the CL in general (and especially in this late phases of the tournament).

Let the best team win! :)

Pachimari

Well, with all the rumour saying that u guys at RM is going to target Mbappe, i can see why Morata probably don't see his future in RM anymore.

Those are just rumors and papers speculating. I am really sure that we are not going to target Mbappe. Maybe we'll negotiate a first-option on him or loan him out for another season, but I really don't see us going for him right now.

I also don't like to talk about an eventual Champions League final yet. Atletico Madrid will go all out, and fight for their lives to turn this result around, and we are usually having a hard time on Vicente Calderon where their fans can create quite the atmosphere.

RocknRola

Those are just rumors and papers speculating. I am really sure that we are not going to target Mbappe. Maybe we'll negotiate a first-option on him or loan him out for another season, but I really don't see us going for him right now.

I also don't like to talk about an eventual Champions League final yet. Atletico Madrid will go all out, and fight for their lives to turn this result around, and we are usually having a hard time on Vicente Calderon where their fans can create quite the atmosphere.

I mean, sure it's not done yet, but it's gonna be a very different match from a League one (for example, even though the last one worked amazingly well for RM there).

Atletico will have to attack or attack. They have no choice. RM is still the master of counters. All they really need is one half decent chance to run with the ball and they'll more than likely score 1 goal (at the very least), basically sealing the deal.

Remember people, PSG was the exception, not the rule. It's very rare for teams to make comebacks of this magnitude. If anything Monaco has somewhat better chance, since 1 goal will be enough to make them believe they can tie it up (of course, easier said than done too. Dat Juve Wall).

---------

Alright! Full on Video Referee for every single game in the Portuguese League starting this August! :D Bring on the tech!

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It doesn't look like Mbappe is ready yet to play in a team with huge expectations. He's a great talent, but I think he needs to grow a lot. I hope he will be let.

casiopao

Remember when Monaco could defend…

In 2015 they actually defend really well vs Juventus there. Hell, we only win thanks to a single penalty there lol.^^

RM vs Juve in the final huh... (unless somehow Atletico and Monaco do the "impossible" per say).

Should be a good game for sure. Both will need to bring their A game to beat each other, though since it's a single match I *think* Real has a slightly better chance (not by much). If for nothing else, only because they're a far more experienced team in the CL in general (and especially in this late phases of the tournament).

Let the best team win! :)

I am not damn sure that Juventus is sure to past right now though. 2 goal is still a reachable thing by Monaco there. And considering Juventus record in UCL, every match for me is a triggering moment for me lol.^^

I see. Well, it is not going to shock me though if you guys actually pushes for him. RM rarely allowed huge player get away there.^^(Kinda like Juventus which always get many talented players both old and young to play for our team.^^)

I'm happy to get 90m for Costa, although I'm not sure if I should be. He's petulant, has been out of form for most of this year and had one foot out the door since we won the title (90m is also a ridiculous price). On the other hand Bats doesn't have it so we're really going to need to find two strikers over the summer and I'm not in love with most of the options.

casiopao

We're the Beta testers hehe :p Still someone always had to endure the "growing pains", per say and if it's a step forward to make the game cleaner I'm all for it! :)

Haha.^^ Agree. Wonder how Serie A teams and players will response with VAR too lol.^^

Hope no controversy thing going around lol.^^

m8, we have mandzukic and kroos in the final. two former bayern player rummenigge and pep desperately tried to get rid of

Our Mr. No Good is not even FW right now lol.^^ Our Defensive winger baby.^^

Gothos

I'm happy to get 90m for Costa, although I'm not sure if I should be. He's petulant, has been out of form for most of this year and had one foot out the door since we won the title (90m is also a ridiculous price). On the other hand Bats doesn't have it so we're really going to need to find two strikers over the summer and I'm not in love with most of the options.

For that money you could easly buy Lacazette and Icardi. I would also try to tempt Morata. There's quite a few interesting choices.

Audioboxer

Enough politics for the day, time to watch a tactical masterclass and King Fellaini produce yet another 1-1.

BKEUQaX.gif

Top Bottom