• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Audioboxer

All part of the Drawinho plan. Absolutely shocking finishing as usual. I dunno what United train on during the week? Selfies?

Someone should dig up the stats this season for how many goals Man Utd have managed to score in the first half of a game.

DBT85

Just seen the writeup from the first half. Can't think why we're tipped to sign striker lol.

Welcome back Boxer, nice to see a member of FootyGAF not banned for something that happened in FootyGAF lol

Audioboxer

Just seen the writeup from the first half. Can't think why we're tipped to sign striker lol.

Welcome back Boxer, nice to see a member of FootyGAF not banned for something that happened in FootyGAF lol

Shitposting in footyGAF is the future ;)

Anyway, good goal from Rashford. Was just thinking it was time for him to come off.

Now the 1-1 is on! Cmon Mou! Fellaini elbow red card is still up for grabs as well.

Audioboxer

Mbappé who? :)

Welcome back DrawBoxer

15 mins for that equaliser that will leave all United fans feeling angry at all the missed chances.

Everyone knows the real meltdowns will be from the Arsenal game. Can't wait 👌 Either for AFTV or all the salty United fans on GAF. There's dozens of us.

Audioboxer

Colour me shocked. A 1-0 win was held! Should've been more though. A better team would have finished this 2/3-0.

Dreadful game to watch for entertainment.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
so what are the rules if manchester united wins the europa league but doesn't finish in the top four in the premier league? does premier league get five teams in the champions league (assuming the fourth place team gets through qualification) or does manu knock out the team that finishes fourth?

edit: looks like they can get five teams.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
so what are the rules if manchester united wins the europa league but doesn't finish in the top four in the premier league? does premier league get five teams in the champions league (assuming the fourth place team gets through qualification) or does manu knock out the team that finishes fourth?

5 teams. If Leicester had won the CL and Man U win the EL it would be top 3 because the max you can have from one country is 5.

Audioboxer

It looks that way, every game they are losing someone. Maybe Mou gives Tuanzebe a shot at RB, Blind at LB with Smalling back in the lineup.

lol.

Mourinho might be playing Rashford, but he's resisting playing youth as expected. Probably see Rooney in defence before you'll see Tuanzebe or Fosu-Mensah given starting positions.

casiopao

he was never a classic FW. he worked more in the defense than Schweinsteiger or Kroos back in the days.

really needed him this year

now go beat real please

He is so lovely this year lol.^^ Tons of Juve fans is liking his new role lol.^^

On beating Real in final...... I had small expectation for us to do it sadly.T_T

Juventus record in final.....T_T

RM record in final.......O_O

RocknRola

Great game by Man.U yesterday, they should have won by more. Was expecting a bit more from Celta tbh, but 1-0 is a very open result for a second leg. So Man.U will still need to brin their A game if they want to qualify for the final.

He is so lovely this year lol.^^ Tons of Juve fans is liking his new role lol.^^

On beating Real in final...... I had small expectation for us to do it sadly.T_T

Juventus record in final.....T_T

RM record in final.......O_O

Yeah Real, like them or hate them, don't "play" finals. They "win" finals. It's silly. It seems that whenever they do reach a final in the CL they almost always win it, it's ridiculous. Out of 14 finals they lost 3.

Juve on the other hand, out of 8 finals, won 2. Which most clubs would kill for, don't get me wrong, but statistically speaking RM is on a different level for sure.

Still, the great thing about football is that you can't really tell what's gonna happen, especially in single matches :)

Pachimari

According to Marca (yeah I know!), we are going all in on Mbappe, and we seem prepared to pay a check of €100 million, while the player himself want to join the squad, mainly because of Zidane and also because he's a fan and likes the current project.

I'm not sure we'll be pulling this off, having in mind that we also need to spend a good amount of money on a goalkeeper. And probably a left back. I just really don't see us going for him. Especially as we currently have so many players for these positions: Isco, James, Lucas, Cristiano, Bale, Asensio, Morata, Benzema and even Mariano in cases.

lyB317F.jpg

DBT85

Got to love the press. United have agreed terms with James, want fabregas, have offered for Mbappe, have paid Griezmanns release clause.

When did printing facts become something the press don't do?

Audioboxer

Got to love the press. United have agreed terms with James, want fabregas, have offered for Mbappe, have paid Griezmanns release clause.

Happens non-stop. When you can just print catchy headlines and get clicks, why not? Still to come, the usual, Ronaldo is considering returning to Man Utd and/or Neymar might be coming again. Fuck it, chuck in Ramos for the lolz.

RocknRola

According to Marca (yeah I know!), we are going all in on Mbappe, and we seem prepared to pay a check of €100 million, while the player himself want to join the squad, mainly because of Zidane and also because he's a fan and likes the current project.

I'm not sure we'll be pulling this off, having in mind that we also need to spend a good amount of money on a goalkeeper. And probably a left back. I just really don't see us going for him. Especially as we currently have so many players for these positions: Isco, James, Lucas, Cristiano, Bale, Asensio, Morata, Benzema and even Mariano in cases.

To be fair, As is a loooot worse than Marca on the "RM fanboying" :p

Mbappe should stay put or if he's willing to move, go to the Premier. Spanish football does *not favour fast players as much as the Premier does IMO.

Though since he is young he could probably adapt fairly well to either style. The problem with going to a club like RM is that a) you're not gonna bench Bale or Ronaldo and b) as you've said, they already have a bunch of young kids (great quality kids at that!) in line for when they eventually do get benched.

RocknRola

Arsene loves to talk about how he almost signed players. I don't know why, all it can do is anger the fan base.

How Wenger is still Arsenal's manager I'll never know.

I would prefer for Mbappe to stay another season in Monaco and continue developing his talent really.

I think that would be for the best, yeah. He is still young, he needs to play as much as he can. In a club like RM, especially in his position, that's not gonna happen. Of course, RM is surely not his only choice right (should he want to move).

casiopao

Well, it is not a strange thing to happen lol. I mean for Juventus we also had tons of crazy rumour keep coming out every week.O__O

We are linked with so many players that i got confused lol.

Patrik Schick from Sampdoria
Keita Balde from Lazio
Marco Verratti from PSG
Mattia de Scigilio from AC Milan
Tolisso from Lyon
Douglas Costa from Bayern
and of course Sanchez from Arsenal.

I mean wow. Juventus must have unlimited funds there lol.^^

DBT85

Manchester City have been banned from signing academy players for two years by the Premier League and fined £300,000.

City have been found to have broken the league's youth development laws; guilty of illegal approaches to two players registered with other clubs.

Following an investigation, the Premier League says it had found evidence of contact between City officials and members of the players' families.

Manchester City will have to terminate the registration of those players

It comes after a similar punishment was handed to Liverpool for a different offence earlier this month. The Reds were banned from signing academy players for a year and fined £100,000 for offering a youth player illicit inducements.

"Manchester City will pay a fine of £300,000 and will be prohibited from registering any academy players in the U10 to U18 age range who have been registered with a Premier League or EFL club in the preceding 18 months," a league statement confirmed.

"This ban will last for two years. The period of this ban from 30 June 2018 onwards will be suspended for three years to be activated in the event of any similar breach by the club.

"In each case, the academy player was conditionally registered with Manchester City while the Premier League's investigation was ongoing.

"As a result of the club's breaches, the players' registrations will be terminated on a specified date, with no compensation rights retained by the club, and the club will not be permitted to re-register them as academy players.

"In addition, Manchester City has offered to pay compensation to each player's previous club, and maintain educational provision for each player until the completion of his GCSEs."

Mou's going to beat Wenger again this weekend, even with a weakened team.

Weakened team and weakened team. Feels like everytime Mourinho says he can't play his full team, he still puts out a respectable team in the Premier League. Don't expect it to be different this weekend... just normal Mourinho mind games.

DBT85

Weakened team and weakened team. Feels like everytime Mourinho says he can't play his full team, he still puts out a respectable team in the Premier League. Don't expect it to be different this weekend... just normal Mourinho mind games.

Meh, it is a weakened team. That its still considered by most people to be a "good" team just shows the overall strength of the squad, something I don't think most of the top 6 have.

Top Bottom