• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

the real tottenham is starting to show....disgusting players.
If this score stays the same then man u are going to get hacked to pieces next sunday, they need some more injuries...

Audioboxer

If you can't beat West Ham in a game of this importance you don't deserve the title. Congrats Chelsea!

It may help Man Utd if Tottenham becomes unhinged after this result.

If you can't beat West Ham in a game of this importance you don't deserve the title. Congrats Chelsea!

It may help Man Utd if Tottenham becomes unhinged after this result.

Help them....yes... i'm sure they will do, by unhinging some manchester legs.
2acbe544bd1c138d8d23257f4cebdf98faa82501884bfcaa2d1d7863da631735_3.jpg

Help them....yes... i'm sure they will do, by unhinging some manchester legs.
2acbe544bd1c138d8d23257f4cebdf98faa82501884bfcaa2d1d7863da631735_3.jpg

Still can't believe Spurs escaped that game without a red card. It was funny and disgusting to watch at the same time.

And Man United is on track to win the trophy for least losses in the league.

Still can't believe Spurs escaped that game without a red card. It was funny and disgusting to watch at the same time.

Chelsea can win the league before the next spurs game kicks off.
What little there is left of the Manchester united squad are going to get hacked to pieces.
hopefully some justice will be done this season and the ref will actually show some red cards.
It might make the title race boring but who really wants a team that is honestly that disgusting to win the league, chelsea might have costa but even he has been a lot better tempered this season.

slider

I thought Spurs had turned a corner mentally. But I guess finishing above Arsenal is only one step in the journey.

Was expecting them to hit four past us. It's made my weekend. COYI!!

Can't believe I will thank West Ham lol. Great job. Spurs are starting this nice yearly bottling tradition. I expected Leicester to return the favor like we helped them last year at the Battle at the Bridge, but this will do too.

Audioboxer

Time for Crystal Palace to steal points from the big boys again. Then for Man Utd to draw 0-0 with Arsenal and still remain in 5th on GD.

Getting into 4th, even for a week?

3zuIHWq.gif

Anyone here have experience buying tickets for the europa league final? From what I understand the official ticket sale is over, but what are the ''legitimate'' places to buy them now? Are you even allowed to buy tickets from resellers?

Audioboxer

Yeah, need Palace and Liverpool Reserves to do a number this weekend.

Meh, I'll give Liverpool 3rd place and hope they hold onto it. It's Fraudiola we need to piss off by sneaking into 4th.

Although, if we win the Europa League, and finish 4th, won't that mean 5th place will get into the CL?

Tough league run in and Ajax could easily beat us. Still time for a complete collapse.

Meh, I'll give Liverpool 3rd place and hope they hold onto it. It's Fraudiola we need to piss off by sneaking into 4th.

Although, if we win the Europa League, and finish 4th, won't that mean 5th place will get into the CL?

Tough league run in and Ajax could easily beat us. Still time for a complete collapse.

Nah you guys winning EL won't influence the League positions at all. The only scenario that could hinder it would be if Leicester won CL and you guys won EL, then the 4th place in the League would not count. After 2005 when Liverpool finished 5th, but won the CL and Everton finished 4th and there was a lot of debate if Liverpool were gonna be allowed to defend their title etc. UEFA made a decision that a country can have 5 teams representing.

Audioboxer

Nah you guys winning EL won't influence the League positions at all. The only scenario that could hinder it would be if Leicester won CL and you guys won EL, then the 4th place in the League would not count. After 2005 when Liverpool finished 5th, but won the CL and Everton finished 4th and there was a lot of debate if Liverpool were gonna be allowed to defend their title etc. UEFA made a decision that a country can have 5 teams representing.

Maybe I worded that wrong or am just confusing myself. If it's 5 teams and Man Utd finished 4th AND won the EL, then whoever is 5th would get substituted in for our 4th spot?

Or is it 5 max, meaning top 4 and EL makes 5 if we finish in 5th+. But if we finish 4th and win EL, then it'll be 4 teams?

I just thought they'd slide 4th in the league to include 5th if we won the EL and finished 4th. lol. City getting slightly worried if that's not the case.

I'm still hopeful for a Pep press conference meltdown when City misses out on CL football.

This is what im hoping for, but really need Arsenal to step up and I dont think they have it in them really.

Terrible goal from a Palace perspective but i've got City in a bet so not that bothered.

Maybe I worded that wrong or am just confusing myself. If it's 5 teams and Man Utd finished 4th AND won the EL, then whoever is 5th would get substituted in for our 4th spot?

Or is it 5 max, meaning top 4 and EL makes 5 if we finish in 5th+. But if we finish 4th and win EL, then it'll be 4 teams?

I just thought they'd slide 4th in the league to include 5th if we won the EL and finished 4th. lol. City getting slightly worried if that's not the case.
5th would get Europa League.

Syder

This British obsession with seeing Pep fail & using every straw man argument to disregard his achievements. So odd.
I love Pep but the way he's treated some reporters as if he's some gift from God has been downright disrespectful.

Anyway, the majority of Guardiola hate comes from Bayern fans.

Zasa

I love Pep but the way he's treated some reporters as if he's some gift from God has been downright disrespectful.

Anyway, the majority of Guardiola hate comes from Bayern fans.
I'd imagine that's just his response after how pretty absurd the English media was during the first half of the season. Just the most idiotic & repeated questions all across the board.

Not at all, virtually every football forum I've been to is mainly PL dominated & filled to the brim with PL fans that critique this taboo 'playing out from the back', 'high pressing', 'tactics', etc .

Syder

Not at all, virtually every football forum I've been to is mainly PL dominated & filled to the brim with PL fans that critique this taboo 'playing out from the back', 'high pressing', 'tactics', etc .
I've never heard anyone here criticise these aspects of Guardiola.

Zasa

I've never heard anyone here criticise these aspects of Guardiola.
This place is an outlier. Reddit, fantasy football forums, & Twitter all pretty much regurgitate that nonstop. It's all been pretty rampant ever since Pep was appointed.

Syder

This place is an outlier. Reddit, fantasy football forums, & Twitter all pretty much regurgitate that nonstop. It's all been pretty rampant ever since Pep was appointed.
Well, have you considered the possibility that most of those people aren't Man City fans? I mean, I imagine most United fans hated Mourinho before he was leading them to glorious draw after draw. Most fans want their rival teams, players and managers to fail. Also, most fans that live online are morons that have never seen the inside of a football stadium. It's not really exclusive to British people. If anything they're following on from Bayern fans that disliked their own manager.

Zasa

Well, have you considered the possibility that most of those people aren't Man City fans? I mean, I imagine most United fans hated Mourinho before he was leading them to glorious draw after draw. Most fans want their rival teams, players and managers to fail. Also, most fans that live online are morons that have never seen the inside of a football stadium. It's not really exclusive to British people. If anything they're following on from Bayern fans that disliked their own manager.
I mean, Mourinho was/is hated by most mainly because he just has a pretty shitty attitude towards his own players, & is openly full of himself to boot. I don't think Poch, Klopp, Wenger or Conte are hated anywhere near to the level that Pep is. The whole Fraudiola thing, & the sheer number amount of times I hear people saying they can't wait for Pep to fail & leave the PL. I've never once heard that about Conte or even
Klopp, this seems like a pretty exclusive thing towards Pep. I think it's pretty obvious at this point....

Audioboxer

This British obsession with seeing Pep fail & using every straw man argument to disregard his achievements. So odd.

Edit: In other news...
"Kylian Mbappé is not interested in Manchester United, notably the way they play football, according to L'Équipe. More follows."

https://twitter.com/gffn/status/860801959523209216

Lmfao

Personally, I just like seeing everyone fail, as it brings the memes, shitposting and meltdowns! Plus, I'm a salty as fuck Man Utd fan who has had to put up with years of Moyes and LvG. The inner anger, rage and bitterness has been brewing for a while. The battle of Fraudinho vs Fraudiola is fun too. Fighting over that 4th spot with two of the wealthiest clubs like a right bunch of frauds.

Yeah, he should stay far away from United. Mourinho isn't Fergie when it comes to bringing in a youngster like Ronaldo and turning him into a God. Mourinho will just have to stick to getting fleeced by established players. I mean the papers say we're signing Griezmann, Ronaldo, Neymar, Ramos, etc every few months.

I do have to say, paying 70M+ for an 18/19 years old? Pls. That's zero fucks given Football Manager kind of lunacy. You don't get to reload IRL to go on and win everything and make sure the club is swimming in money, all while signing all the top coaches for a dream coach team that would never exist in reality. Youngsters with high potential IRL often turn into frauds themselves, especially nowadays with the glamour, money and rich lifestyles when hitting 20/21.

Look at some of the work ethic in the Man Utd team. Young Ronaldo laughs at it. Rashford is probably the only youngster you could actually trust.

Syder

I mean, Mourinho was/is hated by most mainly because he just has a pretty shitty attitude towards his own players, & is openly full of himself to boot. I don't think Poch, Klopp, Wenger or Conte are hated anywhere near to the level that Pep is. The whole Fraudiola thing, & the sheer number amount of times I hear people saying they can't wait for Pep to fail & leave the PL. I've never once heard that about Conte or even
Klopp, this seems like a pretty exclusive thing towards Pep. I think it's pretty obvious at this point....
Wenger gets constantly mocked though, and no one is immune from criticism even if it becomes overly harsh. I think Pep deserves criticism for the way he's spoken to the press and his underperforming team. I can't speak for people that 'want him to fail' but I dare say, it's an extension of wanting an oil rich team of mercenaries in Man City to fail... and you do know the 'Fraudiola' thing was started by Bayern fans?

DBT85

Palace ffs.

None of them are hated, Arsene is mocked because he's done so little in a decade. But people like to see someone successful fail. Pep's had 2 of the best teams in the world and rightly won everything with them. I think people are just looking forward to seeing what he can with an actual challenge, which City undoubtedly is. Pep would get far more credit if he'd won things with Athletico and Dortmund than he does for winning with Barca and Bayern.

As I said the other day, he could feasibly spend 2 more years in the PL and still not win it, such is the competition from Chelsea, Pool, Arse, United, and Spurs. City like Chelsea aren't exactly known for sticking by a manager. What are they going to do if Pep gets 4th this year and 4th next year? Most reasonable people would say he keeps his job. But this is City, i genuinely don't know.

To me hating Pep is just shit memes and I love shit memes. Same with enjoying Wenger backlash. My god do I miss the Moyes era.

Hopefully Liverpool can score some goals in this last stretch and make up that goal difference, but really I just want wins, any how, any way.

Zasa

Wenger gets constantly mocked though, and no one is immune from criticism even if it becomes overly harsh. I think Pep deserves criticism for the way he's spoken to the press and his underperforming team. I can't speak for people that 'want him to fail' but I dare say, it's an extension of wanting an oil rich team of mercenaries in Man City to fail... and you do know the 'Fraudiola' thing was started by Bayern fans?
Of course he isn't immune to criticism, there's plenty of valid critiques you can throw his way. Including the horrible job of not signing adequate full-backs during the summer & an over reliance on old/injury prone players.

Sure, the Fraudiola thing was started there, but it's become pretty big in England I'm pretty sure. Either way, the obsession with Pep in England right now is evident and it has been since the summer. Just look up Stan Collymore & read his drivel & that's pretty in line with the hate he gets. I'm sure him being pretty open about his disdain for the traditional English style of play, with the sloppy passing in midfield & lobbed balls everywhere, contributes to it as well.

Audioboxer

Palace ffs.

None of them are hated, Arsene is mocked because he's done so little in a decade. But people like to see someone successful fail. Pep's had 2 of the best teams in the world and rightly won everything with them. I think people are just looking forward to seeing what he can with an actual challenge, which City undoubtedly is. Pep would get far more credit if he'd won things with Athletico and Dortmund than he does for winning with Barca and Bayern.

As I said the other day, he could feasibly spend 2 more years in the PL and still not win it, such is the competition from Chelsea, Pool, Arse, United, and Spurs. City like Chelsea aren't exactly known for sticking by a manager. What are they going to do if Pep gets 4th this year and 4th next year? Most reasonable people would say he keeps his job. But this is City, i genuinely don't know.

Appoint the right man?

7PzgtgA.png

Syder

Just look up Stan Collymore & read his drivel & that's pretty in line with the hate he gets.
No one should ever read/listen to anything Stan Collymore says. (This extends to the majority of British papers)

Fun fact: I'm blocked by Stan Collymore on twitter.

City under Begiristain and the other guy (Soriano?) exist for Pep, thats all they've wanted and now they've got him, they will give him 5 years if that what it takes because if Pep fails those two are done.

If they get 4th both years and no trophies, he will be even more of a prick and that'll be it. Transfer spending will stay the same, he wont be questioned... they'll give him as long as he wants. What gets me is they had a perfect start then dropped like a rock, many of his decisions have been questionable, Jose vs Pep never really happened this year, we'll see about next year. Once Jose gets the United squad he wants I think his methods may well leave Pep quite far behind unless he actually decides to adapt which I find unlikely.

Zasa

Personally, I just like seeing everyone fail, as it brings the memes, shitposting and meltdowns! Plus, I'm a salty as fuck Man Utd fan who has had to put up with years of Moyes and LvG. The inner anger, rage and bitterness has been brewing for a while. The battle of Fraudinho vs Fraudiola is fun too. Fighting over that 4th spot with two of the wealthiest clubs like a right bunch of frauds.

Yeah, he should stay far away from United. Mourinho isn't Fergie when it comes to bringing in a youngster like Ronaldo and turning him into a God. Mourinho will just have to stick to getting fleeced by established players. I mean the papers say we're signing Griezmann, Ronaldo, Neymar, Ramos, etc every few months.

I do have to say, paying 70M+ for an 18/19 years old? Pls. That's zero fucks given Football Manager kind of lunacy. You don't get to reload IRL to go on and win everything and make sure the club is swimming in money, all while signing all the top coaches for a dream coach team that would never exist in reality. Youngsters with high potential IRL often turn into frauds themselves, especially nowadays with the glamour, money and rich lifestyles when hitting 20/21.

Look at some of the work ethic in the Man Utd team. Young Ronaldo laughs at it. Rashford is probably the only youngster you could actually trust.

Oh I totally get that with a Man U fans & other rival fans since it's a traditional club rivalry thing. But again, I never saw that sort of hate towards Pellegrini. It'd mainly just be memes about the club's oil money, their players, plastic fans, etc. Just seems like a more personal thing with Pep from what I noticed this time around, could be wrong though.

Honestly, I think that money is warranted for Mbappé considering the current state of affairs in the market. You're paying that for a teenager who's the most promising U-21 striker in the world right now. Who already proven himself vs elites in the UCL, has an outstanding chance of winning Ligue 1 & already has reached the UCL semis at his age. Not to mention being a huge part of their success scoring 24 goals with 11 assists in in 39 apps for all comps. All open-play. It's even more impressive with minutes played for context, but I digress.

Either way, this sort of performance & at such a consistent level is relatively unprecedented for someone his age. You more than likely have a potential ball d'or contender in your hands in a post Messi/Ronaldo world. A multi-dimensional striker who is very quick, strong, agile, composed like a veteran striker in the box, & can play pretty well of second striker to boot. He has all makings of a complete striker tbh, what he's shown so far is very impressive to say the least.

No one should ever read/listen to anything Stan Collymore says. (This extends to the majority of British papers)

Fun fact: I'm blocked by Stan Collymore on twitter.
100%, one of the most close-minded writers I've ever come across. Shame he gets that level of publicity.

Top Bottom