• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Mimosa97

It's his 2nd best season (purely in terms of numbers) and he scored 2 important goals against Monaco away (he had only scored 3 goals in the CL this season before those). So yes, he is doing well, but he is not Juve's best player as far as I'm concerned. In fact he is known for chocking in big games too (on a club and national team level).

An inspired Dybala can, at this point, be the ruin of any team. Just like an inspired Ronaldo, an inspired Neymar or an inspired Messi.

I will keep in eye on dybala then. I hope he chokes in the final lol.

Thank you for the infos. Appreciate it :)

Audioboxer

Oft.

W77Z8y1.png

Wenger right now

J375p.gif

Pachimari

Atletico fought well tonight, and big kudos to them.

I'm ecstatic that we secured that final, and we can celebrate. Tomorrow is a new day, and we'll have to look to the league matches. Some very important 3 games left. We haven't won the league in 7 years so it's decisive we finish off a whole season's worth of work.

Anyway, I'm super happy, and it's gonna be one heck of a finale.

Congrats to both us and Juventus.

PS: Keylor was crucial tonight. Well done.

MrS

Banned
Real are such a great club. The greatest of all time, in fact. Hope they smash Juventus and that fuccboi Higuaín.

Arsenal fans still holding their Wenger out signs.
Why wouldn't they? He's a fossil and needs to leave Arsenal in the same way Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog.

Shit I completely forgot about the Arsenal game, good to see them building pressure on pool.

Also good to see Griezmann get a taste for that Manchester weather.

Audioboxer

Man U back to 6th?

0q76ono.gif

It's where we belong. Without Zlatan... lol. I'm convinced Rooney has turned into some sort of voodoo curse. Until the curse is passed on things will never get better.

Like that bonkers horror movie where people need to sleep with people to pass the curse on. We need to sell Rooney to another team.

Edit: It Follows. Rooney Follows.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Without Zlatan they would be mid table, Man Utd just have no depth in their squad. As soon as they pick up a couple of injuries it's like a second round efl cup team on the pitch.

Audioboxer

Without Zlatan they would be mid table, Man Utd just have no depth in their squad. As soon as they pick up a couple of injuries it's like a second round efl cup team on the pitch.

Up front, for sure. Rashford needs more time to add clinical finishing to his game. Right now he's got a lot of raw talent and stacks of pace and quality in running. His composure needs work, as does finishing.

So without Zlat we're essentially relying on an unfinished product. Martial is the same as Rashford although he's on life support if he turns in another season like this next year.

Rooney is the curse. At one point you would put Rooney up front and he'd bang them in. Now he plods around the middle of the park like a Sunday footballer for a lower league team. Such a fall from grace considering Scholes, Giggs, Carrick and Zlatan all showing mid 30s can do it at United.

Jarnet87

Up front, for sure. Rashford needs more time to add clinical finishing to his game. Right now he's got a lot of raw talent and stacks of pace and quality in running. His composure needs work, as does finishing.

So without Zlat we're essentially relying on an unfinished product. Martial is the same as Rashford although he's on life support if he turns in another season like this next year.

Rooney is the curse. At one point you would put Rooney up front and he'd bang them in. Now he plods around the middle of the park like a Sunday footballer for a lower league team. Such a fall from grace considering Scholes, Giggs, Carrick and Zlatan all showing mid 30s can do it at United.

Mou deserves another year just for finally getting rid of Rooney, although how much of that is Mou finally seeing just how finished he is as a top flight footballer. Just a few years ago there were rumors Mou wanted him at Chelsea, and IMO he had already been on the steep decline by then (would be start of 2013 season I believe.)

Juve better not lose now that its Real's first real final in a couple finals. (the last 2 wins vs Atletico were free)

Atletico was the second best team of the world on both occasions no other team beside Real Madrid deserved to be in the final more than them

Lets be real here in the 14 final Costa went out 10 min in and they had no attacking options after him, they still played all out but the odds were always in Reals favor 80/20.
In the second match up Atletico were a lot stronger then the last final so it was probably 60/40, but when it went to OT and Pens Real were favorite 100%. They had experience

Its like the Barca v Juve final, Juve could have gotten the upset but Barca were easily favorites. Bayern v Dortmond or Bayerrn v Chelsea were the last finals that felt the close.

Rien

Jelly Belly
So tonight big night for Ajax!!
Really hope they can put some good pressure on Lyon and make a few goals. But i am scared tho.
Against Schalke home they were to sloppy and nearly gave it away. Hope the pressure on Ajax wont take them over.

RocknRola

Juve better not lose now that its Real's first real final in a couple finals. (the last 2 wins vs Atletico were free)

Lets be real here in the 14 final Costa went out 10 min in and they had no attacking options after him, they still played all out but the odds were always in Reals favor 80/20.
In the second match up Atletico were a lot stronger then the last final so it was probably 60/40, but when it went to OT and Pens Real were favorite 100%. They had experience

Its like the Barca v Juve final, Juve could have gotten the upset but Barca were easily favorites. Bayern v Dortmond or Bayerrn v Chelsea were the last finals that felt the close.

Costa starting that game was full on Simeone's fault, not anyone else's. And even THEN RM were on the verge of defeat! A goal in the 90th minute is what saved RM in that final! The second final ( + QF + this SM) were pretty much as even as can be (with the exception of the first leg of the SM). Could have easily gone either side, RM just showed more cool in the decisive moments. To say Atletico also lacked experience only really works for the 2014 run+final. They've had some pretty darn consistent runs since then, with another final too.

To say Atletico offered free wins is complete and utter nonsense. As shown by every other team they beat in the CL.

I actually don't mind this, even though it makes Copa America more plastic.

Messi vs Ronaldo in the Final? :v Oh the DRAAAMA!!

Seriously, it would be kinda cool. Like a "mini-world-cup" sort of thing.

Zasa

Woah, what? Spain & Portugal? Not looking good for a three-peat looks like, mis Chilenos :(

It's where we belong. Without Zlatan... lol. I'm convinced Rooney has turned into some sort of voodoo curse. Until the curse is passed on things will never get better.

Like that bonkers horror movie where people need to sleep with people to pass the curse on. We need to sell Rooney to another team.

Edit: It Follows. Rooney Follows.
Lmfao

Honestly, Mou revolving & planning his whole system around Pogba in a pivot, & Rooney as a CAM (not to mention no Mkhi) during the pre-season just didn't work. Ended up changing it a few months later to the three-man midfield where we finally saw a proper, quality lone holding mid in Carrick with Herrera & Pogba pushed up. Rooney was obviously the big crutch of the system (as Pogba & Herrera in a pivot is actually working nowadays), it lacked pace in the wings & the whole team structure really clashed with Pogba & co's playstyles. It was painful seeing Pogba struggle defensively & caught out of position so many times in a position that he wasn't used to outside of the Euro's.

Good to see Mou's found balance & flexibility now, I'm curious to see what he rolls with next season in midfield more than anything.

Pachimari

So it seems like the medical documents for Vinicius Junior will come in on Monday, where both clubs might be able to reveal the deal. Although Flamengo will have some business of their own to take care of. Time Forte Eventos owns 10% of the player's transfer rights which means they are entitled to €4.5 millions of the €45 million we will be paying Flamengo.

There's a football school who Vinicius was training under from he was 4 years old till he was 10 years old, and as they have had a part in developing the player, they want access to the sale.

Seeing that Flamengo want most of the transfer rights for themselves and their legal department is looking into the case, I can see the announcement of the transfer being delayed a little unless the two parts can come to an agreement over the weekend.

casiopao

So it seems like the medical documents for Vinicius Junior will come in on Monday, where both clubs might be able to reveal the deal. Although Flamengo will have some business of their own to take care of. Time Forte Eventos owns 10% of the player's transfer rights which means they are entitled to €4.5 millions of the €45 million we will be paying Flamengo.

There's a football school who Vinicius was training under from he was 4 years old till he was 10 years old, and as they have had a part in developing the player, they want access to the sale.

Seeing that Flamengo want most of the transfer rights for themselves and their legal department is looking into the case, I can see the announcement of the transfer being delayed a little unless the two parts can come to an agreement over the weekend.

Wait wut. So this is not some transfer bullshit by Real is really throwing that much money for a 16 years old? Wutt?

Pachimari

Wait wut. So this is not some transfer bullshit by Real is really throwing that much money for a 16 years old? Wutt?
Well yeah. €45 million that can reach €61 million depending on bonuses.

Wave goodbye to Morata, Mbappe, Dybala and whoever fantasy signing you were looking forward to.

Syder

Barkley has '10 days to sign Everton deal or he will be sold' - Koeman
Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has until the end of the Premier League season next weekend to sign a new contract or he will be sold, says manager Ronald Koeman.

Koeman last month warned the England international, 23, that with a year left on his deal he could be sold. Everton face Watford on Friday before finishing their Premier League campaign at Arsenal on Sunday, 21 May. "Either he accepts the contract or we sell the player," said Koeman.

"But if you need so much time then you have doubts - I like to work with players who like to stay." The Dutchman said the Everton board had tried "for a long time" to get Barkley to sign and were already looking at replacements in attacking positions. He added: "We don't wait till August - next weekend we need an answer." Barkley has scored four goals and provided eight assists in 34 Premier League appearances this season.
I'd take him.

Is there anything in football these days that isn't some shady shit?
No.

casiopao

Wave goodbye to Morata, Mbappe, Dybala and whoever fantasy signing you were looking forward to.

This is insanity.O_O If people said Pogba transfer is insane, next time i am just going to point to this transfer plan lol.

bud23

Good thing you can sign more than one player season

Vinicius is a prospect, a very expensive one, and he will only be able to move to Madrid in June 2018, when he turns 18, Mbappe is the next big thing, and you can be sure Perez will not want to miss this one

Top Bottom