• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
You'd think Dortmund would drop deeper a bit after Bayern did one long ball to bypass their entire midfield and defence like 5x in the opening half an hour but nope. Weird stuff.

Beating Middlesbrough is a bloody good result- they've almost certainly got the best squad in the division.

Think we could make waves this year.

Beefy

Beating Middlesbrough is a bloody good result- they've almost certainly got the best squad in the division.

Does Mendes being so powerful worry you a lil?

---------------------

Southampton apparently have had a bid of €15m for Hoedt accepted

Audioboxer

I can't wait for next weekend.

Chelsea will spank us tomorrow in the Shield too.

I honestly think Arsenal will win. Then you've won "half a cup" lol. Some Man Utd fans counting the shield as a trophy last season were winding themselves up a bit.

I'm predicting a hard season for Chelsea coming off last season. Not a Leicester like drop, because their side is still quality, but I'm not 100% sure how Morata will get on in his first EPL season. Quality player but let's see how he adapts to English football week in week out.

Mou signing Lukaku and Matic might be a bit boring but it's true they have good EPL experience.

MrS

Banned

It's a bit early to make such bold proclamations, friend, and you only won the match because of a woeful pass from Ayala. Wolves were shite otherwise and we both know it.

Kyoufu

Too early to say that but good luck all the same.

I thought we were in for another long season after losing the first two matches. Turned out we were still in for a long season, but with a happy ending.

slider

Welcome.

I disagree, any true fanatics ranting about a thing is funny. Be that AFTV, or the muppets on any of the other team channels or forums.

I do actually feel a bit sorry for Arsenal fans, they all respect what Arsene has done but want him gone so they can start a new chapter as it looks like he's all out of fresh ideas. It's not entirely dissimilar to United fans relationship with Rooney. You've been great, thank you so much for everything. Please leave.

Ahh, maybe I just haven't seen as much play on the other muppets. I'm a bit of an old man shouts at cloud kinda guy. Felt a bit played out.

My real driver, and I'm seeking help about it, is a pathological, umm, dislike of Spurs. Sticks in my throat that they're so bloody good now.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I love seeing this page at the top of off topic so much guys

We're back

EWmof.gif
p0QHO.gif

T-Rex.

Banned
We’ve always said that until August 31 we’ll run through the world with open eyes, that’s clear, but it’s not us alone who decides about these things. It’s all about other clubs [too]. Our situation, I thought today and this pre-season brought us new players, if you want. Alberto Moreno is 100 per cent back, which is very nice after a really difficult year. Andrew Robertson shows all the skills he has, of course he still has to adapt to our way of playing but you can already see what a threat he can be offensively. That means Millie is free for midfield, so without being in the transfer market we have a new midfield player, which is nice. Dom Solanke…I think he’s already shown that he’s ready for some adult football. Ryan Kent, I’ve known him for one-and-a-half years and last year he developed unbelievably well and this pre-season is completely different to last pre-season, he’s completely showed up now. So, without paying too much money or the highest transfer fees we have additions in the squad. That’s good.
Jurgen pls. Don't turn into Wenger ffs.

Does Mendes being so powerful worry you a lil?

Not really? I mean, he'll undoubtedly want something from us down the line, but his influence is way overblown. Mendes might not have the club's best interests in mind, but I believe that the owners do.

Besides, I'd take a few hard and fast years on the Mendes train over an eternity of mid-table Lambert mediocrity.

It's a bit early to make such bold proclamations, friend, and you only won the match because of a woeful pass from Ayala. Wolves were shite otherwise and we both know it.
Bollocks. We were solid, composed and threatening on the break.

I was disappointed by Middlesbrough, honestly; I was expecting a better game from them given the investment. Far too toothless for the talent on display.

spidye

This bayern team is in such a bad form phisically

Thank you rummenigge for that chinese trip. Really helped us

Idk what happened but we going to penalties!.... No Neur tho 🤔. So Dortmund have the edge here, i don't trust Ulreich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom