• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zasa

Kinda sucks all these Supercup/Community Shield matches around Europes's top leagues are during the pre-Season when teams are clearly rusty/not as fit. Deceptive football compared to what we'd get with these matches if they were during the season. Level of football being played is nearly always sub-par.

Not much you can do I guess, all things considered

Heya footygaf,

Man United fan here, been lurking for awhile and thought I'd chip in just before season starts. Just been watching clips of Burnley vs Hannover fans clashing, pre season is really pathetic sometimes

Heya footygaf,

Man United fan here, been lurking for awhile and thought I'd chip in just before season starts. Just been watching clips of Burnley vs Hannover fans clashing, pre season is really pathetic sometimes

Welcome! That Hannover stuff was just sad. Fans can really ruin the game.

Dortmund fans must really have to suffer ;_;

spidye

Ancelotti THE GOAT

00B87E23000004B0-4679570-image-a-36_1499614605219.jpg
Looooooooooooooooool

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Borussia Dortmund: ✅✅✅❌✅❌
Bayern Munich: ✅✅❌✅✅✅

Wow what a shit way for Dortmund to lose it. Heartbreaking for Bartra :(

Woooooo! Ulreich didn't let them down! Bayern has to improve the defense though. Coman has to play better. The rest is definitely needed, they looked tired out there.

Kinda sucks all these Supercup/Community Shield matches around Europes's top leagues are during the pre-Season when teams are clearly rusty/not as fit. Deceptive football compared to what we'd get with these matches if they were during the season. Level of football being played is nearly always sub-par.

Not much you can do I guess, all things considered

Are the FA Cup and DFB-Pokal a much bigger deal? Or is it really more on winning the league in the season? Kind of thought these would be bigger matches but got a real preseason vibe watching this one.

Pretty new to European club football and trying to get up to speed.

Syder

Are the FA Cup and DFB-Pokal a much bigger deal? Or is it really more on winning the league in the season? Kind of thought these would be bigger matches but got a real preseason vibe watching this one.

Remember when Arsenal beat City 3-0? City went on to win the league, Arsenal got their 4th trophy.

I saw an irish bayern fan on Twitter

Not gonna lie, I winced
To be fair, all Irish teams suck, but most Irish people end up supporting United or Liverpool.

Lashley

Remember when Arsenal beat City 3-0? City went on to win the league, Arsenal got their 4th trophy.

To be fair, all Irish teams suck, but most Irish people end up supporting United or Liverpool.

We die so that these newer clubs can live. We did the same with Chelsea, it's nice to give them a bit of history from their 10 year existence.

Zasa

Yeah they definitely are, even moreso because these are just one-off matches. It'd be brilliant if they could happen a week or so after the cup finals & before any international football officially starts. But scheduling is always tight.

I would have loved to have seen a prime Monaco side vs PSG, or a prime Leicester vs Man U. Instead we see sides nowhere near the level they could be playing at, & usually incorporating a new coach, & new signings where they're playing their first 'official' match.

It's just robbing us, imo, of a potentially great match.

If the winter break was ever introduced here, the Community Shield would be a nice way of kicking off the second half of the season.
That would also be a better option. But that FA though.

Syder

If the winter break was ever introduced here, the Community Shield would be a nice way of kicking off the second half of the season.

Lashley

I wouldn't mind a winter break tbh, I'd miss the boxing day games though.

Sky would never allow it

It's a crap cup, means little and no one really remembers it. Pre-season is about all its good for. Nice warm up to getting in gear for the week after.

DBT85

Lol Harry.

I wouldn't mind a winter break tbh, I'd miss the boxing day games though.

Sky would never allow it

No need to change the xmas fixture congestion that we all love/hate.

Just play the NYD games and then have the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom