• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBT85

Don't tell, José.

mourinho-peeks.png

United are the winningest at it too. 21 times, though 4 were "shared" lol.

The oddity for me is that Chelsea have only won 3 since 2000 and City have only won 1.

Even Liverpool have won it twice since 2000.

Syder

Bayern Munich's pre-season:
6th July
BCF Wolfratshausen 1-4 Bayern Munich

9th July
Erlangen-Bruck 1-9 Bayern Munich

15th July - Telekom Cup
Bayern Munich 1-0 Hoffenheim

15th July - Telekom Cup
Bayern Munich 2-0 Werder Bremen

19th July - International Champions Cup
Bayern Munich 1-1 Arsenal (Arsenal win 3-2 on penalties)

22nd July - International Champions Cup
Bayern Munich 0-4 AC Milan

25th July - International Champions Cup
Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich

27th July - International Champions Cup
Bayern Munich 0-2 Inter Milan

1st August - Audi Cup
Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool

2nd August - Audi Cup
Bayern Munich 0-2 Napoli

5th August - DFL-Supercup
Dortmund 2-2 Bayern Munich (Bayern win 5-4 on penalties)

Xlz1iA4.png

Bayern Munich's pre-season:
6th July
BCF Wolfratshausen 1-4 Bayern Munich

9th July
Erlangen-Bruck 1-9 Bayern Munich

15th July - Telekom Cup
Bayern Munich 1-0 Hoffenheim

15th July - Telekom Cup
Bayern Munich 2-0 Werder Bremen

19th July - International Champions Cup
Bayern Munich 1-1 Arsenal (Arsenal win 3-2 on penalties)

22nd July - International Champions Cup
Bayern Munich 0-4 AC Milan

25th July - International Champions Cup
Chelsea 2-3 Bayern Munich

27th July - International Champions Cup
Bayern Munich 0-2 Inter Milan

1st August - Audi Cup
Bayern Munich 0-3 Liverpool

2nd August - Audi Cup
Bayern Munich 0-2 Napoli

5th August - DFL-Supercup
Dortmund 2-2 Bayern Munich (Bayern win 5-4 on penalties)

Xlz1iA4.png

60% win ratio. Not baddddd ehhhh

This is so stupid (in general, not just VvD). I can't believe a player can go on strike and refuse to play and that doesn't break loyalty causes in his contract just because he didn't ask for a move on a bit of paper.

Can't believe you should be able to pay out loyality bonuses to players on strike and behaving like a little kid lmao.

DBT85

I used to do the fantasy football every year but tbh I forget about i by about week 4 so I don't even bother any more lol.

Also, hoping that you beat your rival 4-3 just so that you can get extra points felt weird.

I used to do the fantasy football every year but tbh I forget about i by about week 4 so I don't even bother any more lol.

Also, hoping that you beat your rival 4-3 just so that you can get extra points felt weird.

That's me every damn year.

slider

Fantasy Footy takes over my life cos I'll always have a friendly bet with a few mates. Substitutions, transfers, picks. Fuck off. I don't enjoy it at all unfortunately.

sammex

Tips for FF from someone who has never won anything:

formation 451 - pack that midfield for goals and assists

keeper - pick a cheaper one who makes lots of saves and has a good defence, usually look for which team Pulis is coaching and pick his.

defenders - goal scoring cbs and attacking full backs. again save some cash here but top 6 fbs are worth it especially if they play wing back like chelsea.

Midfield - dont bother with any defensive players, you want goal scorers, 2-3 top level - midfielders who get played up top like Sanchez are the best, then wildcard picks like new transfers to the league who might be a bargain and playmakers for midtable clubs. Free kick/pen takers do well.

strikers - go for one of the usual big names and then hedge a bet on someone cheap from a small side hoping for a King/Defoe.

Captain your best midfielder. Always remember to use your free transfer. Lot of lower cost players go on streaks, be quick to get them in, when the goals go be quick to take them out. Stick with it to the end of the season!

TLDR - buy the best players and win. Easy.

RocknRola

Well, shit we lost. Se were way too soft on defense and payed for it :s

Whelp, gotta focus on the league and Cup now I guess.

Syder

Tips for FF from someone who has never won anything:

formation 451 - pack that midfield for goals and assists

keeper - pick a cheaper one who makes lots of saves and has a good defence, usually look for which team Pulis is coaching and pick his.

defenders - goal scoring cbs and attacking full backs. again save some cash here but top 6 fbs are worth it especially if they play wing back like chelsea.

Midfield - dont bother with any defensive players, you want goal scorers, 2-3 top level - midfielders who get played up top like Sanchez are the best, then wildcard picks like new transfers to the league who might be a bargain and playmakers for midtable clubs. Free kick/pen takers do well.

strikers - go for one of the usual big names and then hedge a bet on someone cheap from a small side hoping for a King/Defoe.

Captain your best midfielder. Always remember to use your free transfer. Lot of lower cost players go on streaks, be quick to get them in, when the goals go be quick to take them out. Stick with it to the end of the season!

TLDR - buy the best players and win. Easy.
3-4-3 - cheap out on defenders and keeper, get the best strikers & attacking midfielders

DBT85

He goes out on top this year

Assuming Sanchez stays, I think you might get back in to the top 4, though it will also depend on what he does with the Europa and the joy of Thursday games.

Not expecting much more, maybe the FA cup again.

Not even sure he'll go at the end of this year anyway.

3-4-3 is the way to go for FF.
1 cheap striker and 2 goal scoring Giants. Lukaku, Kane, Aguero, Vardy, Jesus etc good choices. One or two among Sanchez, Dele, Hazard, Erikson, Coutinho are must.

Choose defenders who can keep clean sheets and score/assist too. Alonso was pretty good last year for me. Valencia too. Select Wet Brom CBs. Choose a cheap GK who can make a lot of saves.

FF keeps you interested in all games and not just your team. Sometimes even if your team takes a loss, you can still have a happy weekend if your FF team does well lol. Last year was my first year playing FF and it was damn fun. Too bad the Fantasy PL show isn't aired in US. I used to watch it regularly. Even the FPL Twitter account is good to get tips etc.

sammex

3-4-3 - cheap out on defenders and keeper, get the best strikers & attacking midfielders

or 3-5-2. Personal preference. Agree on the defenders/keeper.

Damn they've counted Firmino as a forward this season.

edit: maybe this is why I've never won any leagues.

Jimrpg

That's me every damn year.

Yeah the issue is that once you pick a dud team, theres no chance of getting back into contention. There's got to be more engaging things to do throughout the season and it shouldn't rely so heavily on the initial team selection.

DBT85

Think is the first year in ages where I've not fired up FM during the summer transfer craziness and stopped playing after about a month when I can't get Worcester City to do anything (It's where I live now).

IIRC last time I was playing full fat for a while before finding Classic which was much better.

RocknRola

Love the colour scheme.

While we lost, not everything was bad. The game managed to raise about 120k€ (+ whatever the various sponsors offered too) for the local fire fighters association, which unfortunately has had to deal with some severe forest fires this year (including the deadliest in the last 100 years, in which 64 people died).

Still, kinda bummed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom