• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where were you, when Burnley ripped open Stamford Bridge's trophy cabinet and said "We want this!"? Where were you when Rooney heads in the net to put the home team ahead in Goodsion Park again? Where were you when Liverpool almost defended a corner?

Audioboxer

Great start to Chelsea's title defence

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Moobabe

Fuck Pawson.

Fuck Burnley.

Fuck Robbie Brady that little cunt.

Also fuck Cahill. As soon as he went on that little mazy run I knew exactly what was coming.

Fady K

My team are experts at collapsing after title wins. Poor play before and after the red card. Defense is disastrous. Tactics all over the place. Embarrassing stuff.

On the bright side, very happy for Rooney.

Liverpool :p Yeah I know.....

You guys were hard done by today. 2 offside goals?

Conte should be able to straight up ur team there.^^ He did that numerous time for us Juventini.^^

U should be fearing ur UCL adventure lol.

Haha. Based on today I'm not sure what'll happen.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Catching up at half time, fucking hell Chelsea. And nice header from Rooney, 'course he had to score today.

Audioboxer

My team are experts at collapsing after title wins. Poor play before and after the red card. Defense is disastrous. Tactics all over the place. Embarrassing stuff.

That level of honesty and self-reflection

QYKz22n.gif

Yup 2 offiside goals. One of them clear as day. Though I must say we should have buried that game in the 2nd half with all those misses. Salah should've had 4 goals, Gini missed a sitter, a header off the bar for Matip and a couple of others. So really, it's Liverpool's fault why they drew. They can't blame anyone but themselves and also Klopp should take blame also.

Ionno if the last goal was offsides, also really hard to tell in real time. I'm not even sure if video review would have overturned it.

Even then, they're both goal opportunities that could've, should've been addressed way earlier in the pre-season, not on the first day of the season. If drawing like this highlights this more to to Klopp and the owners that the back is where the money needs dumping into, then I'll take the off-side goals.

Garjon

Just saw the Cahill tackle, what the fuck was he thinking? His head really seems to have gone in the past year or so.

That Ward goal was a beauty though, what a finish!

Carl2291

On the plus side for Conte, this pretty much guarantees they're gonna have to spend some money.

If not, I can't see him staying.

The only plus side I can see to this is: we're going to get the cheque book out and leaving Tom Heaton in my fantasy team starting line-up is looking like an inspired decision…

ghst

thanks for the laugh
conte's really outdone klopp in their attempts to prove to their purse holders who needs VVD most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom