• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

panty

Pretty impossible with the current competition. Their midfield is just unbelievable with Casemiro, Modric and Kroos.
Yeah I know and it's a shame. Imo he's really talented and he doesn't get the credit he deserves. You rarely see a bad game from him.

I don't think Valverde will get fired. He should at least last the entire season considering even Tata Martino lasted an entire season.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There are huge gaps between Barca players at times and often the player with the ball doesn't have a decent passing option.

Sane_Man

Barca look so bad. Their midfield gets bypassed nearly as easily as Liverpool's. Coutinho won't make a difference. He might as well stay with us.

Mimosa97

Imagine this Madrid team with a proper striker instead of Benzema.

With a " proper " striker as you call it Real wouldn't have won back to back champion's league titles. He's there because he's the perfect teammate for Ronaldo and the other stars. Do you think Ronaldo wouldn't have asked for a " better " striker if he thought they needed one? All those better strikers would never allow Real to play as fast as Benzema does. He's the prefect technical pivot for this team.

Dadasch

Benzema is pretty fucken good at what he does. Most top strikers are not looking to share that glory with CR7, Bale etc.
For real, I don't get that hate for Benzema...
He is a great teamplayer AND a on top of that a really good striker. Real couldn't get much better than this.

mauaus

I don't think Valverde will get fired. He should at least last the entire season considering even Tata Martino lasted an entire season.

Lol its not valverdes fault, this is on Bartomeu losing one of the key players and failing to find a suitable player to fill it.
Also no new defenders?

Pachimari

Benzema is pretty fucken good at what he does. Most top strikers are not looking to share that glory with CR7, Bale etc.

With a " proper " striker as you call it Real wouldn't have won back to back champion's league titles. He's there because he's the perfect teammate for Ronaldo and the other stars. Do you think Ronaldo wouldn't have asked for a " better " striker if he thought they needed one? All those better strikers would never allow Real to play as fast as Benzema does. He's the prefect technical pivot for this team.

For real, I don't get that hate for Benzema...
He is a great teamplayer AND a on top of that a really good striker. Real couldn't get much better than this.
These guys know what they are talking about.

Tbh, I don't see either Coutinho nor Dembele improving this Barcelona significantly. The coach is just not right for this team and the main structure of the starting 11 has aged significantly.

It's about time Barcelona focus on their academy again and improve the team from within.

That being said, I'm enjoying this. While I'm no big fan of Real Madrid either, I do enjoy Barcelona falling from grace. Would be even more hilarious with Coutinho and Dembele jumping ship and not improving their squad.

Best wishes.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Real is playing now better than last season. A lot more quick short passes and combinations. I don't know if it's just Barca being shit or Zidane improving the system a lot.

Sane_Man

Nobody is coming close to stopping Madrid this year. They look way ahead of any other team. They don't even need Ronaldo anymore to be the best. That's how good they are across their entire squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom