• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, I don't see either Coutinho nor Dembele improving this Barcelona significantly. The coach is just not right for this team and the main structure of the starting 11 has aged significantly.

It's about time Barcelona focus on their academy again and improve the team from within.

That being said, I'm enjoying this. While I'm no big fan of Real Madrid either, I do enjoy Barcelona falling from grace. Would be even more hilarious with Coutinho and Dembele jumping ship and not improving their squad.

Best wishes.

Barcelona should focus on fixing their defense.

Best wishes.

Kill3r7

Real is playing now better than last season. A lot more quick short passes and combinations. I don't know if it's just Barca being shit or Zidane improving the system a lot.

Their midfield is miles ahead of any other team in the world. If they lose in the CL it will be against a team that parks the bus and hits them on the counter. Outside of that Bayern is the only team that might be able to go toe to toe with them and even they need to get lucky.

trembli0s

Madrid midfield is just outstanding.

Honestly, if I'm Florentino I have a really hard time justifying Bale's wages right now. Someone in the U.K. will still the pay the €100 million to grab him.

Whoever speaks bullshit against Benzema has little idea of how this sport works. Funny part is that they are mostly Real Madrid fans so make of that what you will. 🤣

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Their midfield is miles ahead of any other team in the world. If they lose in the CL it will be against a team that parks the bus and hits them on the counter. Bayern is the only team that might be able to go toe to toe with them and even they need to get lucky.

The same midfield was not combining this well last year. It was mostly going on the wings and throwing balls into the box. Now it's much more varied and quick and nice.

Dadasch

I'm admittedly very happy about the current position of Barcelona. Dortmund and Liverpool don't want to sell their players and I'm pretty sure Barcelona are giving the players some "tips" to lower their price.

So fuck them.

RocknRola

Oh come on, can we please stop with these hot takes lol
Hot take?

Their defense and midfield is shit mate. With this current squad Messi and Suarez arent enough. Maybe Coutinho can help things along, but assuming no new entries this Barça squad is screwed.

Kill3r7

Madrid midfield is just outstanding.

Honestly, if I'm Florentino I have a really hard time justifying Bale's wages right now. Someone in the U.K. will still the pay the €100 million to grab him.

No need to get rid of Bale. No matter how much I might want him at United. RM would end up strengthening one of their competitors.

Kolx

Real is playing now better than last season. A lot more quick short passes and combinations. I don't know if it's just Barca being shit or Zidane improving the system a lot.
Well, against Man United the team wasn't anywhere near as good as this so I'll go with the former.

Kill3r7

The same midfield was not combining this well last year. It was mostly going on the wings and throwing balls into the box. Now it's much more varied and quick and nice.

Modric and Kroos have been doing this for a while but yeah they are in top form right now.

Dadasch

Hot take?

Their defense and midfield is shit mate. With this current squad Messi and Suarez arent enough. Maybe Coutinho can help things along, but assuming no new entries this Barça squad is screwed.
Third rank will be a given nonetheless. What I'm saying is just don't overestimate this game because Real is way above any team at this point.

itxaka

Defeatist
I'm not really a football fan, but it's Suarez supposed to be good? Because the guy moves like shit and its doing even less than Barcelona as a whole.

Liverpool watching this match and is like "Barcelona, you want Coutniho? £150 million or fuck off"

I'm not really a football fan, but it's Suarez supposed to be good? Because the guy moves like shit and its doing even less than Barcelona as a whole.

Suarez was never a fast player. The whole team is playing like shit.

I don't want Bale or anyone sold. He's a Real player and I'll support him with all my blood.

HALA MADRID!!!

MtljSxs.gif

daxter01

8/8/2010 Blackace was here
Last year Zidane used his favorite 4-3-3 most of the times, whenever real played 4-4-2 they played really really well

trembli0s

The Kovacic/Modroc combo is pretty stunning. Kroos has always been consistent but for him to be firing on all cylinders so early is awesome. They're not even playing Casemiro and they don't even appear to need him for this game. Just a disgusting amount of young talent with Isco also on the bench.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Last year Zidane used his favorite 4-3-3 most of the times, whenever real played 4-4-2 they played really really well

The Kovacic/Modroc combo is pretty stunning. Kroos has always been consistent but for him to be firing on all cylinders so early is awesome. They're not even playing Casemiro and they don't even appear to need him for this game. Just a disgusting amount of young talent with Isco also on the bench.

Yeah, good points. On top of that I guess having Ronaldo and Bale on the wings brought so many more balls there instead of going through the centre.

Sane_Man

He's insane. Pretty sure he's scored more than 1 a game for Barca and assists as many.

Everyone has the odd bad game.

Pachimari

Anyone have a gif of Modric's feint where he turned around a Barca player with the ball?

I want Isco, Theo and Bale in in the second half. Who's even on our bench? Ceballos on the bench? Then put him in and let him taste the sweet Bernabeu green.

spidye

Bayern is the only team with a comparable midfield.
God no

Who is on kroos modric level?
Vidal is basically dead. He needs a rest to let his body heal but that dude has been playing constantly.
He has sometimes
Thiago is more an AM rather than a CM under ancelotti. He is great if he stays fit
Sanches has been a huge disappointment and tolisso is a wild card until now.
So bayern's midfield is definitely not on real level right now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom