• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
Behave fellas. The lad has had half a pre-season, moved to a new country and is in his second game against one of the best sides in the league while playing in a depleted team.

He's already got a goal and an assist.

Huge. Failure.

Feel like we might as well just disband his contract and let him walk. The sample size has been sufficient.

Behave fellas. The lad has had half a pre-season, moved to a new country and is in his second game against one of the best sides in the league while playing in a depleted team.

He's already got a goal and an assist.

Yes so why are you quoting me? That should only further prove my point that he has looked fine so far for Chelsea. It's not really his fault Spurs got 70% possession and aren't doing much to set him up.

But that doesn't mean he isn't a downgrade from Costa.

Moobabe

Lets see some evidence to the contrary, then

A goal and assist already to his name this season might suggest he's got a chance of being a good player? Decent number of goals last season as well no?

Yes so why are you quoting me? That should only further prove my point that he has looked fine so far for Chelsea. It's not really his fault Spurs got 70% possession and aren't doing much to set him up.

But that doesn't mean he isn't a downgrade from Costa.

Time will tell - but Costa is on his day a world class striker, we'd always struggle to replace his impact.

MrS

Banned
A goal and assist already to his name this season might suggest he's got a chance of being a good player? Decent number of goals last season as well no?
Nobody has said he won't be a good player but he looks a bit out of place. He will have to feast on scraps for a while. To his credit he scored a lot of half-chances last season, he has never been the focal point of any club he's played for and he will have to do a lot on his own.

Kyoufu

I don't think there has been a single premier league match where Martin Tyler hasn't mentioned Newcastle at least once in when commentating.

Does he support Newcastle? lol.

Empty

grinding out a 1-0 away at the league's 2nd best side isn't really a day for morata.

chelsea have done great given injuries, suspensions, external pressure etc

edit: lol jinx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom