• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
ABuL8Ij.gif

UV-6

This is such a cliche Spurs vs. Chelsea game as of late. Spurs can't finish their chances and Chelsea convert theirs. I guess that is the difference in quality.

Jarnet87

Lots of fouls in that first half, wouldnt shock me to see a red card by the end of this. Tottenham will get at least a goal in the 2nd, lets see if Chelsea are clinical with the limited chances.

near

Gold Member
Ref letting Bakayoko and Luiz play dirty for long periods of that first half aggravated our players. We shouldn't be behind in this match.

NHale

I think that if Chelsea keep playing David Luiz as the bottom of the diamond he's either going to be sent off or keep making mistakes ike he did on the end of the 1st half. Put him back on defense because Christensen and Rudiger are not shining there...

Moobabe

Ref letting Bakayoko and Luiz play dirty for long periods of that first half aggravated our players. We shouldn't be behind in this match.

Spurs players getting aggravated and losing their heads? Where have I heard that before...

Just seen the Dier challenge and it's a shocker - especially considering we had 2 off last week it feels like a slap in the face.

Zasa

This match is calling for Son & some more wing play from Spurs imo. Need to stretch that narrow backline & Spurs' WB's have been too stagnant overall

All things considered (injuries, new backline, suspensions), I am pretty content with this performance. Christensen and Bakayoko look off the pace but the latter is lacking match fitness and it's his first game. No clue who we will sub on in the second half. Pedro for Moses please.

All things considered (injuries, new backline, suspensions), I am pretty content with this performance. Christensen and Bakayoko look off the pace but the latter is lacking match fitness and it's his first game. No clue who we will sub on in the second half. Pedro for Moses please.

Doubt Pedro will play at all but Conte will know his fitness better than me.

I guess Michy will come on for Morata at some point and Musonda

Moobabe

Doubt Pedro will play at all but Conte will know his fitness better than me.

I guess Michy will come on for Morata at some point and Musonda

Well if Pedro is fit enough to be on the bench he's fit enough to play.

I'm not sure where Scott plays - he's the only unknown on the bench for me - I assume he's a central midfielder.

near

Gold Member
Spurs players getting aggravated and losing their heads? Where have I heard that before...

Just seen the Dier challenge and it's a shocker - especially considering we had 2 off last week it feels like a slap in the face.

Dier challenge was bad, but didn't look like there was a lot of ill intent at that point. Just hope the game calms down so we can see some good football.

Well if Pedro is fit enough to be on the bench he's fit enough to play.

I never understood why you would put someone on the bench if they weren't fit to play.

We were okay today. We really struggled to test Newcastle's goalie and they actually probably made our goalie pull out more stops. We made quite a few mistakes that better teams would have punished us for. Still, with 6 points and 2 clean sheets that isn't much for me to grumble about. Away in Glasgow next week and so I'll Mish they Southampton game. The atmosphere was top notch today.

2 reds for spurs, disgusting team and yet again they get away with it.
Can't believe some people on gaf want spurs to win, even if it is chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom