• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Joe Hart > Mignolet

Yeah I said it

They are both shit, but I'd choose Mignolet just so I have don't have to hear Joe Hart screaming like a madman at every corner and free kick

Sane_Man

Can someone please explain why our defence is so shit? How hard is it to do just some basic defending?

It honestly looks like a combination of individual stupidity as well as our defensive tactics generally. The stupidity is easy to spot but all of the defenders just seem to play flat footed as well. They always seem out of position and a step behind the attackers. Almost like they're not moving at times.

Can someone please explain why our defence is so shit? How hard is it to do just some basic defending?

Our desire to be on the front foot offensively leaves us on the back foot defensively. It's a hard thing for our players to manage and they screw it up more than enough times to give the opposition plenty of chances.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
If we end the window with Lovren as a first choice CB, I'm gonna explode. Do they seriously expect me to believe that VVD is the only available upgrade to Lovren.

I don't care if the player costs more than Neymar, it's the difference between a successful season and a failure, how much is that worth?

Me too. So glad we got him instead of gotze

Mate you would not believe how angry I was when we were signing Mane instead of Gotze. Never been so wrong in my life.

MikeBison

If we end the window with Lovren as a first choice CB, I'm gonna explode. Do they seriously expect me to believe that VVD is the only available upgrade to Lovren.

I don't care if the player costs more than Neymar, it's the difference between a successful season and a failure, how much is that worth?

Few links to Hoewedes. (Spelling?)

TimmmV

Lovren always looks a lot worse when he plays with Moreno

Saying that - Alexander-Arnold keeps getting beaten on the right too, the cb's have both looked very exposed so far

sammex

Mate you would not believe how angry I was when we were signing Mane instead of Gotze. Never been so wrong in my life.

I don't get it. VVD is great at heading and it looks like that's why he's our no1 to help with set pieces. But Lovren is shite from just about any situation so even if we didn't fix our set piece problem with an aerially dominant CB, he'd still improve us. Just need someone with a brain.

MikeBison

Score 3 goals in 20 minutes yet I still wouldn't put it past us to concede 4. Still reaching for my ritualistic touch of my signed Heskey shirt for good luck. (Worked a treat against Dortmund)

aqYtfy7.gif

That's some fine keeper work haha. Now please keep a clean sheet.

Markitron

I don't get it. VVD is great at heading and it looks like that's why he's our no1 to help with set pieces. But Lovren is shite from just about any situation so even if we didn't fix our set piece problem with an aerially dominant CB, he'd still improve us. Just need someone with a brain.

I don't care if Sakho took a shit in Klopp's cereal. We need him back.

Where was the shirt vs Sevilla?

Or Chelsea in 2014. You got some serious explaining to do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom