• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Soi-Fong

Didn't have much to work with it. It seemed like both teams just stopped trying.

That play though near the end involving Kagawa and RVP which Welbeck botched was pretty awesome. Nice to see Kagawa getting back in the groove though. Still, he was running throughout the whole pitch and was way too deep.

Salazar

BUT WE'VE SAID THE EXACT OPPOSITE FOR TWO YEARS

Raf there is a good shout.

Looking at

----------DDG
Raf----Vidic--Evans--Evra
Valencia-Clev-Carrick-Giggs
-------Kagawa
-------------RVP

for Liverpool. I can see Frogie throwing Fletcher in there to run 15 km yet do nowt.

Soi-Fong

Looking at

----------DDG
-------Kagawa
-------------RVP

for Liverpool.

Have Young replace Valencia. Young's been the better winger so far and I think Rafael can hold his own on the right there.

Last thing I want to see is more pointless crosses from V.

Wilbur

Banned
Looking at

----------DDG
-------Kagawa
-------------RVP

for Liverpool. I can see Frogie throwing Fletcher in there to run 15 km yet do nowt.

That's likely the team, yeah. Maybe not Kagawa depending on if he plays in the FA and if he's sticking with Hernandez.

I'd like Rooney for Liverpool :/ he likes playing them

Kyoufu

this page sucks.

There needs to be a self updating PL table that we can embed into the OP here. I can't be arsed checking the PL site.

Kyoufu

KRUL
DEBUCHY - DOUGLAS - COLOCCINI - SANTON
CABAYE - TIOTE - ANITA
REMY - CISSE - BEN ARFA

be happy you fuck

Daffy-Duck-masturbating.gif

7 wins in 9 for Spurs.

10 points out of 12 over Xmas.

Only Jose's Chelsea ever managed to get all 12 (Rafa's Chelsea could do it if they win tmrw).

Coming together for AVB, Levy should trust him in the window.

Soi-Fong

That's likely the team, yeah. Maybe not Kagawa depending on if he plays in the FA and if he's sticking with Hernandez.

I'd like Rooney for Liverpool :/ he likes playing them

Rather Kagawa play Liverpool with RVP. Really want to see what they can do together with a full 90.

Salvadora

Delighted with that, thought it was going to be trickier than it was. Carrick, Evra and Rafael the standouts, RVP also great. Shinji asked to play too deep for me, I would have liked to see him come on for Hernandez (who was also very good).

54 goals in 21 games. Salvadora, are you not entertained?
Now remove Young dives, offside goals etc. and see what we get.
United not title contenders

Wilbur

Banned
Rather Kagawa play Liverpool with RVP. Really want to see what they can do together with a full 90.

I'd like to see that in lieu of Rooney, yes. Especially against a side like Liverpool who aren't overly physical. The link up at the end of the match today was gorgeous.

Arsenal fans, how are ye feeling about this game? I'm considering a punt on Arsenal to win, Walcott to score and over 3.5 goals. Bit optimistic?

Man U,Man City and Spuds won, I now have a sinking feeling we will lose, I really hope I'm wrong though.

Arsenal have made me a pessimistic bastard.

Wilbur

Banned
7 wins in 9 for Spurs.

10 points out of 12 over Xmas.

Only Jose's Chelsea ever managed to get all 12 (Rafa's Chelsea could do it if they win tmrw).

Coming together for AVB, Levy should trust him in the window.

I'm so happy for him. Hopefully they come fourth this year.

Now remove Young dives, offside goals etc. and see what we get.
United not title contenders

Can't remember a Young dive this year. I can only remember one offside goal as well.

Dat Arteta pen and QPR offside are clouding your mind

I can't see United being beaten anytime soon. maybe when the CL starts again?
We play Spurs at WHL in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a very tough game.

If Rooney is back he should start vs Liverpool. Kagawa on the bench. I love Shinji but that game is a big one and Rooney tends to do well in it. Kagawa is still feeling his way into the side.

That said, Hernandez and RVP are delivering so you couldn't really complain if we stick with those two for now.

Wilbur

Banned
We play Spurs at WHL in a couple of weeks. It's going to be a very tough game.

If Rooney is back he should start vs Liverpool. Kagawa on the bench. I love Shinji but that game is a big one and Rooney tends to do well in it. Kagawa is still feeling his way into the side.

That said, Hernandez and RVP are delivering so you couldn't really complain if we stick with those two for now.

Agreed on all counts. I think we'll give Spurs a game, they seem to have rode their luck a little today. I'll back us for the win there to make up for the catastrophe at home earlier this season.

Liverpool will outplay us but we'll win. Hopefully Rooney's back, but if not I'd rather Shinji starts and then Chicha comes on to stretch the play after an hour or so.

Rovers won today, Robbie!

---

Doron Salomon ‏@DoronSalomon
1st Dec-1st Jan (the busy period): 7 PL games; 6 wins; 1 draw; 19 points; 21 goals scored; 7 points clear. Merry Christmas. Happy New Year

Great December for us. Need to keep it up.

kharma45

Agreed on all counts. I think we'll give Spurs a game, they seem to have rode their luck a little today. I'll back us for the win there to make up for the catastrophe at home earlier this season.

Liverpool will outplay us but we'll win. Hopefully Rooney's back, but if not I'd rather Shinji starts and then Chicha comes on to stretch the play after an hour or so.

Hernandez deserves to start, he's on form and Rooney hasn't done all that much of late.

Just me who thinks Rooney has been generally average when he's played Liverpool in the past?

Zabaleta saved my arse so far. 17 points, 7 left to play

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Agreed on all counts. I think we'll give Spurs a game, they seem to have rode their luck a little today.

We got a little lucky on a couple of Reading corners but United had similar problems against Sunderland and other teams recently. I think it will be a great match, last time we played Brad was in goal and Lloris wouldn't have allowed us to get hemmed in the way Brad did.

With Parker back and looking sharp, BAE back on Saturday and Ade finally scoring again, we are starting to gear up for a second half push.

There's no way Arsenal won't beat Southampton. Arteta pen.

Lol at the United formation talk straight after their match!
For a match which isn't even our next match :lol

<3 United-GAF

FPL looks tight. Lots of different teams and quirks. Andersen has Weimann on his bench most likely coming on. Morsel and Hitcher had Zabaleta. A few people banking on Chelsea smashing QPR. RVP as captain has delivered for me so I'm relaxed for now. Would be nice if Theo grabs a couple this evening, sure things up.

Top Bottom