• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

Meier

So RVP didn't even make the World XI? Ridiculous.

He was pretty poor at the Euros and obviously didn't have nearly as many goals as those 3 forwards so I can't really see why he would have been selected.

It literally was only La Liga players across the board.

Wes

venison crêpe
First up award-wise it's the World XI of the Year:

GK: Iker Casillas

DEF: Dani Alves, Gerard Pique, Sergio Ramos, Marcelo.

MID: Xabi Alonso, Xavi, Iniesta.

ATT: Messi, Falcao, Ronaldo.

So a World XI from three teams and two cities.

He was pretty poor at the Euros and obviously didn't have nearly as many goals as those 3 forwards so I can't really see why he would have been selected.

Had more than Falcao last season and they're on the same this year.

Not that I begrudge Falcao his place.

But yeah, RVP could make a reasonable claim for himself.

Randdalf

Yeah he had a bad Euros but the goals thing isn't true, he got more goals in less games last season than Falcao who is only beating him by 1 so far this season.

FootballFan

Is Marcelo really that good?

Honestly, Pique, Alves, Alonso and Marcelo could be replaced imo. Even Xavi for example wasn't as impressive as Busquets in the last 12 months.

As for the front 3, no argument can be made I don't think. Unlucky for Ibra and RVP.

Kyoufu

lol at people being mad it's only La Liga teams. What did they expect? Barca and Real have the best players in the world.

Top Bottom