• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT10| A Street Ass Named Premier

FootballFan

OMG Messi wtf!! what a miss lol, don't use your right foot again

edit
LOL he misses that easy one then scores that. Hahah

great goal

GorillaJu

Anyone else see that The Hobbit so far looks to be vastly underperforming at the box office?

I haven't seen that but it doesn't surprise me all that much to hear it. There's been an overwhelming saturation of fantasy movies over the past decade, especially with Harry Potter and Twilight getting so much attention.

LOTR set up the market for big mainstream fantasy movies, but I think people are largely burnt out, now and don't want to reinvest themselves in an older series.

Curufinwe

Anyone else see that The Hobbit so far looks to be vastly underperforming at the box office?

Where did you see that?

http://www.thewrap.com/movies/article/hobbit-clobbering-tom-cruise-comedies-holiday-box-office-70611

"The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey” was heading for an easy second week victory at the box office, on pace for a $32 million weekend after rolling up an estiimated $10 million Friday.

Peter Jackson’s Middle-earth epic now has a domestic total of $129 million and is approaching $350 million worldwide for Warner Bros.

sohois

They deserve to be punished for that 3 movie crap, but as Curufinwe says its not really vastly underperforming, doing worse than the LOTR trilogy but still pretty good.

pulga

Banned
Tonight's lineup: Adán; Arbeloa, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, Essien; Di María, Xabi Alonso, Khedira, C. Ronaldo; Özil y Benzema.

What the fuck Essien at LB? Use Nacho you fucking cunt! God, Mourinho really does want to be fired.

Good performance so far, keep it up

Downing may be worth keeping around based on the last month or so, and I'm more surprised than anyone to hear myself saying that. Especially if B-Rod doesn't trust Robinson. Cole can still do one though

Mourinho ain't leaving without getting paid

Mourinho is bored. City or Chelsea?

Neither.

After United win, he's going to do this:

ikMxCeCEIoTdL.gif

He will then reveal a United shirt.

Mou + Ronaldo to United. Book it.

GorillaJu

Good performance so far, keep it up

Downing may be worth keeping around based on the last month or so, and I'm more surprised than anyone to hear myself saying that. Especially if B-Rod doesn't trust Robinson. Cole can still do one though

Mourinho ain't leaving without getting paid

Downing's playing on the right today, which is definitely the better side for him.

Tc91

lol, someone in the unpaid FPL league already has 1,018 points

Yeah insane.

God knows how I'm 2nd that is really surprising. I fucked up this week, took Fellaini out and wanted to play 3-4-3 totally forgot about that 2nd midfielder so I'm stuck with Routledge.

Edit: 3 Swansea midfielders. I'm doomed.

Curufinwe

$31.5m is the estimated gross over the weekend in the US, like a 70% drop. Far below expectations on one of the biggest weeks of the year.
Edit: Obviously it's not bombing but it's not a number WB will be happy with.

Maybe, but they shouldn't have expected it to do better than FOTR.

Right,

1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL (yes it's 2 weeks late but I spent a good 3 hours drafting my response to winning the City game);

2. I went to Liverpool for the first time yesterday and I wasn't mugged and/or raped once. I imagine this was mostly due to luck. People seem to really like leisure wear down that way.

3. Viva - give me online footy goodness you bastid. PM. Naow;

4. Fuck Bayern; and

5. I've missed you all moderate amounts. Not Hitcher though. Boy needs a course in attitude readjustment after reading what he said about Big Bang Theory.

Right,

1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL (yes it's 2 weeks late but I spent a good 3 hours drafting my response to winning the City game);

2. I went to Liverpool for the first time yesterday and I wasn't mugged and/or raped once. I imagine this was mostly due to luck. People seem to really like leisure wear down that way.

3. Viva - give me online footy goodness you bastid. PM. Naow;

4. Fuck Bayern; and

5. I've missed you all moderate amounts. Not Hitcher though. Boy needs a course in attitude readjustment after reading what he said about Big Bang Theory.

This post is too sharp and angular. Too much detail is distracting.

Top Bottom