• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunch of fucking pussies if they can't play on that.

ibheU7PbzadO8P.gif

I love you.

Field looks fine. EPL is soft if they cancel this game. If you want to see a pitch in no shape to host a football match then just wait until Liverpool come to St. Pete's.

Arnie

Foy out on the pitch at 2:23

Still.

KEEP HOPE ALIVE

Does that say 2:23 on the clock?

Spurs are fucking useless if it's the pitch that's unplayable. That's the easy part, for a surface that's heated from beneath, and with a company of ground staff.

Whose season is most embarassing so far from:

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Newcastle.

I'd say Newcastle.

Chelsea are in the middle of a rebuild, Arsenal weren't really expected to make a dent, Liverpool have slowly been turning it around. . .Newcastle are a comedy of errors.

Massive contract for an average manager.
Left a tiny release clause in their only regular goalscorer.'s contract
Poor results.
QPR fucked them in the transfer market.

Salazar

So what precautions does a referee take to try to ensure a match goes ahead? Mike Riley, the general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited and a former FIFA-accredited referee, explained the criteria to premierleague.com.
“There are two main considerations to make when conducting a pitch inspection: player safety and the match as a spectacle,” Riley said. “A referee has to consider whether the playing conditions threaten the well-being of the players and whether they compromise the match as a spectacle for the fans.”
Procedures for clubs

Whenever there is the slightest indication of a match being adversely affected by the weather, clubs are advised to contact the match referee at least 48 hours before kick-off to warn of the potential for poor conditions. In the Premier League an inspection will take place early on matchday to try to avoid wasted journeys for supporters.
“The first thing you do is speak to the groundsman,” said Riley. “He is the person best placed to understand exactly how his pitch behaves under certain conditions and the likelihood of a pitch deteriorating or otherwise.
“Then you conduct a pitch inspection, preferably in your match boots and with a match ball, and conduct as thorough an examination as possible on every area of the playing surface to try and ensure it is behaving as it should. If there is any room for doubt, such as the playing surface being frozen, for example, you find out from the groundsman whether there is anything he can do to solve the problem.”
"The goalkeeper couldn’t see 10 metres ahead and one player collided with another and broke his nose"
Mike Riley
Unfortunately referees cannot always correctly predict what the weather or the temperature will be like an hour before kick-off, let alone six or seven, and a match official might be abandoned in mid-flow.
“On one occasion we were out on the pitch in shirtsleeves at 2pm and by ten past three we were in the midst of a blizzard,” Riley said. “The goalkeeper couldn’t see 10 metres ahead, the players couldn’t see their team-mates or where the ball was going and one player collided with an opponent and broke his nose.
“In that instance I had no option but to abandon on two counts because I could neither guarantee the safety of the players nor guarantee the match as a spectacle because the supporters couldn’t see what was going on.”
It is rare that a Barclays Premier League match will be postponed due to a frozen pitch as almost every top-flight club is equipped with undersoil heating (see rule K28 of the handbook). Indeed the decision to postpone a match can be made by other authorities with statutory powers (see rule L13 of the handbook).
In every instance the decision to postpone a match is never one that is taken lightly and it is only ever reached as a last resort.

Does that say 2:23 on the clock?

Spurs are fucking useless if it's the pitch that's unplayable. That's the easy part, for a surface that's heated from beneath, and with a company of ground staff.

from what I am hearing its the police who want it called off as the snow is forecasted as getting heavier in the evening, so I am guessing the concern is going to be when it gets dark and making sure everyone gets home safely.

Fuck knows what is going on though, lets hope Foy says play!

Wes

venison crêpe
Spurs shouldn't complain if the match is postponed because the pitch is frozen as it'll probably save Bale's knees from a serious injury.

Dwingvatt

Banned
Whose season is most embarassing so far from:

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool or Newcastle.

You're an Aston Villa fan and you are asking which of those 4 teams season have been embarrassing? LOL

Typical of fans who support a nobody team like Aston Villa.

Arnie

from what I am hearing its the police who want it called off as the snow is forecasted as getting heavier in the evening, so I am guessing the concern is going to be when it gets dark and making sure everyone gets home safely.

Fuck knows what is going on though, lets hope Foy says play!

That's more reasonable.

There's no excuse for the pitch being unplayable.

Salvadora

They've been injured for 80% of the season so far.

You're really mad now.

Your tears only fuel me.

I'm not mad :lol. That team should not be battling relegation regardless of manager. Arsenal's injury list has been up there right with yours so it's a mute point.

Kyoufu

I'm not mad :lol. That team should not be battling relegation regardless of manager. Arsenal's injury list has been up there right with yours so it's a mute point.

Except you have an actual squad.

We don't. If our first team players are injured we have nobody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom