• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT11| Campaign: Save a donkey in Colombia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The Times think United want to replace DDG with Valdes.

Makes absolutely no sense. One has the potential to improve on his flaws and become brilliant. The other is 30 years old and has a long history of errors.

No smoke without fire.
Indeed. James Ducker is quite reliable too usually.

Seriously worrying. I mean yeah okay I can see Fergie wanting a new #1 but Valdes? Gotta be kidding me.

One silver lining is he too reports Zaha will be signed for £12m. Still a few million to much I reckon but it sounds a lot better than the £15m/£17m some people were mentioning.

I'm wondering if this is the start of the whispering campaign to unsettle him.
These stories will be coming from sources within United.

Fry

Coutinho is really talented and for 8 million is a really good trade, but I don't know if Liverpool needs him

Liverpool don't have a 20 year old brazilian attacking midfielder with loads of potential. So yeah, they need him!

kharma45

Yeah. That summer's spending was just stupid all over. £18m for De GOAT, and £16m on Young and Jones each.

Really spent a lot of money and didn't strengthen the team at all. I was happy we signed Jones and De Gea but we really should have signed a CM.

Yeah was silly prices for them all.

Still feel we should've signed Stekelenburg instead, he was a snip at €6m.

Clegg

2 serious mistakes by Fergie if he sells DDG.

1) Letting him go in the first place. He'll be one of the worlds best in 5 years time.

2) Failing to anticipate the potential problems a new, young goalkeeper would have in moving to a new country and adapting to a different style of football.

I suppose we'd do alright if we got our money back for him. But I'd rather see him stay.

rvy

Banned
Liverpool don't have a 20 year old brazilian attacking midfielder with loads of potential. So yeah, they need him!

Don't listen to this man, he's biased as fuck for his countrymen.

Wait, Coutinho to Liverpool? Oh, OK. The EPL has a bunch of headless chicken running around and they seem to do well.

FootballFan

Funny that people have been saying Valdes is prone to mistakes recently, in 04-06 he did something idiotic every game lol. He actually improved.

DDG for Valdes plz!

Arnie

Don't listen to this man, he's biased as fuck for his countrymen.

Wait, Coutinho to Liverpool? Oh, OK. The EPL has a bunch of headless chicken running around and they seem to do well.

United are signing Zaha.

Headless duckling.

Salvadora

Indeed. James Ducker is quite reliable too usually.

Seriously worrying. I mean yeah okay I can see Fergie wanting a new #1 but Valdes? Gotta be kidding me.

One silver lining is he too reports Zaha will be signed for £12m. Still a few million to much I reckon but it sounds a lot better than the £15m/£17m some people were mentioning.

These stories will be coming from sources within United.

I just can't see Ferguson signing Valdes, he has made so many high profile mistakes. It would be ludicrous. I don't know who else would be a potential alternative though.

mil6es

I just can't see Ferguson signing Valdes, he has made so many high profile mistakes. It would be ludicrous. I don't know who else would be a potential alternative though.

It makes you wonder what saving graces are keeping in that club in the first place

Telegraph being fairly bold, saying Coutinho could make his debut against Oldham.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...hillipe-Coutinho-ahead-of-Oldham-Cup-tie.html
He is currently injured.
Ballague seems to rate Coutinho based on his spell at Espanyol, any La Liga/Serie A experts got an opinion on him?
Interesting prospect, just didn't have enough time to develop and start a good number of games.
Great dribbling, not that fast(not enough for a winger at least) but very agile, good fks, terrible shot, gets pushed off the ball easily, meh passing and tend to get scared when playing at the San Siro lol.
His rating on fifa is strangely accurate.
:D

He's the total opposite of Sneijder. Don't get too excited though, cause he is not leaving Inter.

Clegg

Go after Ter Stegen maybe?

He's another young goalkeeper with huge potential.

United might be put off after the DDG experiment though.

But I'd rather we didn't sell him.

Fry

There is not next Godmar. Godmar is the one and the only.

Are we talking about Neymar here?

ibZJ6jRH9yx8F.png

rvy

Banned

Wait, this is a possibility? Who the fuck wants Valdés? Seriously. Not even his parents want him for Sunday dinner, let alone a football club.

Are we talking about Neymar here?

Can't wait for him to come to Barça. Not for the right reasons either.

iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

Salazar

United-GAF were right about Pogtrayer being a motherfucking beast of a talent.

And we're right about zahALLAH.

We're always fucking right.

Clegg

Daily Mail are running with DDG to be sold in the summer.

Saying his problems are due to the British game and that he'd be much better suited to a continental side.

They're also saying that we're looking at Valdes.

There's too many articles for this to be nonsense now.

Saying his problems are unique to the British game and that he'd be much better suited to a continental side.

:(

This is SOME BULLSHIT.

I'm putting that scream and shout song on. Fergie needs to piss off. Moyes in.

Kyoufu

Saying his problems are due to the British game and that he'd be much better suited to a continental side.

One thing I've learned: Don't trust Daily Mail or any other English paper. They regurgitate and rehash stories off of each other.

Aren't there any journos actually close to the club?

ibi5eUtUC7JIUe.gif

Fuck off Fergie

I was watching the Saints game and Nathaniel Clyne was playing well. Then I was thinking hmm, is Nathaniel a biblical name? I wasn't sure so I googled it. I clicked the wiki link and I learnt it was a Hebrew name. It had a list of famed Nathaniel's and well...I couldn't help myself.

Yes it was me.

Talking about footballers with Biblical names it is prophicised that Victor Moses will one day lead Footballers from the slavery that is modern day contracts. No longer will a player be held at a club he doesn't want to play for.
Tevez will be free from his Manchester shackles to go forth and eat huge steaks in nice restaurants in hot climates, Arsenal players will flee to the 5 or 6 clubs that win big trophies in Europe with no fear of guilt or remorse and Collocini will go and seek forgiveness from his wife in Argentina and escape the memories of that geordie slag he got up the duff after drinking too much Brown Ale in Gateshead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom