• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

deGod

I can understand that but Olivia Wilde seems a bit of a stretch, but apparently her father is Irish and she must have lived there for a spell

She did study here for a few years. Sure they class Martin sheen as Irish aswell cause of relatives born in ireland

3Sixty

I've worked with guys who have studied horse racing a form guides for 20+ years, but I still manage to win as much as they do by pretty much guessing. It's all luck, no rhyme or reason to it.

I feel you can have a good time with form and all the actual knowledge during normal meets.

Big festivals are just a crap shoot.

Clegg

I know a lot of guys here hold Greg Stobart in high regard; so here's a new article by the man himself.

Manchester United stunned by 80m Bale asking price

United chief executive David Gill has approached Spurs chairman Daniel Levy about a deal for Bale, only to be told the 23-year-old would command a near-world record fee if the Londoners were to sell him to a Premier League rival.

Tottenham are instead focussing on talks with Bale's advisors over a new five-year contract worth €175,000-a-week, which would shatter the club’s wage structure. The Welshman has been rewarded for his rise to stardom with new deals in each of the last three years.

operon

I can understand that but Olivia Wilde seems a bit of a stretch, but apparently her father is Irish and she must have lived there for a spell

She drank Guinness one time that's enough for her to be Irish, like that great Irish actor Daniel Day-Lewis

But Holtby is better than Siggy and Deuce :(

:(

Maybe we're just easing Holtby in, like we did with Lloris. Plus Siggy has played fairly well recently and Dempsey too before his injury.

Either way we need two goals tonight, one from Ade and one from Defoe, about time they started chipping in again and give them both some confidence.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
:(

Maybe we're just easing Holtby in, like we did with Lloris. Plus Siggy has played fairly well recently and Dempsey too before his injury.

Either way we need two goals tonight, one from Ade and one from Defoe, about time they started chipping in again and give them both some confidence.

Holtby's on the bench today. Gylfi has been playing well and has earned his spot, Lewis has tried a little too hard recently so I see why we're easing him in.

BAE given the Vermaelen treatment and thrown onto the bench. I guess Dembele is playing nominally on the right, like against Liverpool, good for Livermore that he's doing enough to impress AVB and get in this team, it seems he'll be the deepest midfielder and Parker will go roving around more. AVB has definitely tried to get Parker playing a more complete game as opposed to his very limited role under Harry.

Arnie

BAE given the Vermaelen treatment and thrown onto the bench. I guess Dembele is playing nominally on the right, like against Liverpool, good for Livermore that he's doing enough to impress AVB.

Feel it's all futile and he'll be out the club in the summer.

Just don't think he's good enough for where Tottenham want to, and will, be.

Don't think Gylf would've made our side any better. Coutinho is where it's at.
Think they're both tremendous young players with different attributes. Glad Coutinho got the number 10, though.

There's a video of an LFC journalist showing him footage of Liverpool fans singing his song and apparently he gets a bit overwhelmed. Supposed to go online this week, can't wait.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Best bench we've had for some time:

Lloris, Caulker, Huddlestone, Assou-Ekotto, Carroll, Holtby & Lennon

Feel it's all futile and he'll be out the club in the summer.

Just don't think he's good enough for where Tottenham want to, and will, be.

I tend to agree but he's a home grown player who has come through our Academy. He's a good lad and he deserves a chance.

Clegg

I'd like to see United going for Dzeko if City are willing to sell for a reasonable price.

He has his flaws but I think he'd suit us pretty well.

Just a random thought.

GQman2121

Banned
I think we need to score three goals tonight or we're crashing out of another competition. They're going to get at least one somehow and make this stressful for our waiter. I highly doubt the side that emerged in the second half at Old Trafford is going to showup out of the gate tonight. I hope so, but I just don't see it.

She drank Guinness one time that's enough for her to be Irish, like that great Irish actor Daniel Day-Lewis

She has duel citizenship. In mind eyes and line of work: passport = right to claim.

Marin Sheen may be Irish and he did go to Notre Dame, but fuck that noise. My last name is Rafferty, and my grandfather was born outside of Cork, so I'm as Irish as Sheen!

I don't think people in the FIFA club like me. I think it is because I am too humble.

iEZwMb4QQwmju.gif

Don't worry, I'll miss another couple of open goal chances so the hatred is directed towards me.

Oh I will waste all his passes in front of goal too, Quiche can't get too many assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom