• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

'Fuck this, we need to win, and we're against ten men. I want a winger on, take Kolo off. David, what wingers have we got on the bench?'

'Umm, just one, Sir. Our best wingers, Milner and Nasri, are on the pitch. It'll have to be Scott Sinclair.'

82:33 Substitution
(Man City) makes a substitution, with Gael Clichy coming on for James Milner.

(Man City) makes a substitution, with Scott Sinclair coming on for Kolo Toure.

What in the fuck did that achieve? Subbing a midfielder for a defender, and a defender for a midfielder.

Why not just bring Sinclair on for Toure and leave it at that? Seeing that has blown my mind.

Mancini :lol.

Manager

What in the fuck did that achieve? Subbing a midfielder for a defender, and a defender for a midfielder.

Why not just bring Sinclair on for Toure and leave it at that? Seeing that has blown my mind.

Kolarov moved up from lb to lm, Clichy took lb

Meier

City needed a Modric to bring on. Shame they only had a Nasri
Yeah, it's been painfully obvious we need some different players. Many of the guys just aren't getting it done and need a new start elsewhere. I think any realistic fan conceded it ages ago. Just ready for the summer to see the new squad.

Carbonox

By the end of the weekend Newcastle could be 4 points off 9th if shit goes our way. Who'd have thought it at the beginning of the year?

Today is the only time I'm rooting for Arsenal. Plus I want Liverpool and West Brom to win.

Sinclair barely did anything when he came on.

He barely does anything ever. Small fish in a big pond. Will forever be mediocre.

dc89

My brother doesn't have the best tactical understanding, as demonstrated here.

this year epl sucks

utd is not that good and it's beasting

Yep there's no excitement to who is winning the title at all. :/

Same goes for really every big league, what a boring ass last part of the season, even the biggest of all has already been decided.

a4q5jcf.png

Tc91

Kolarov moved up from lb to lm, Clichy took lb

Well I don't get that either. Cause Kolarov is one of the most average players I've seen. A great free kick and that's it.

Kolarov and Javi Garcia cost £31m. Everton's starting 11 cost £38m. City bringing the lols.

My brother doesn't have the best tactical understanding, as demonstrated here.

Shut up you mug.

Kyoufu

More of a comment on their attitude and play all season.

I know. City have looked very deflated this season. Just proves that you never stand still in this league. Always sign fresh blood to keep your team fresh and hungry. (Rodwell and Sinclair don't count).

Dibbz

Glad to see Fabianski and Koscielny are both in the team today. Hopefully they put in a performance that keeps them both in the side.

Suen

Yep there's no excitement to who is winning the title at all. :/

Same goes for really every big league, what a boring ass last part of the season, even the biggest of all has already been decided.

a4q5jcf.png
Nordsjaelland can always blame CL for being behind, regardless of how irrational it may be!

I feel bad for you guys.

Your teams must be seriously seriously seriously shit.

Worst United team in Fergie's living memory and we're running away with it.

This is what it feels like to be City...

Wilbur

Banned
Silva, Tevez, Aguero and Zabaleta too.

Their manager sucks though.

Hard to define if Zabaleta is world class. He's solid and dependable and one of the very best in his position, but for instance I'd have no qualms calling Lahm a world class full back but not Zabaleta. Not sure why.

bud

Arsenal: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Walcott, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud.

Subs: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Ramsey, Coquelin, Gervinho, Gibbs.

no vermaelen again?! hnnnnngggggggg.

Meier

I feel bad for you guys.

Even if City never win another title, there will always be Aguuuuueerrrooo! and getting 8 in 6. That's a lifetime memory right there. This season is just a blip on the radar down the line.

GorillaJu

Hard to define if Zabaleta is world class. He's solid and dependable and one of the very best in his position, but for instance I'd have no qualms calling Lahm a world class full back but not Zabaleta. Not sure why.

I wouldn't call Zabs world class. You need to do something really special to be a world class right back, such as 1) wear a Real Madrid shirt or 2) be a decisive factor in your team for more than one or two occasions (like Lahm), apart from being just highly talented and hard working.

Nordsjaelland can always blame CL for being behind, regardless of how irrational it may be!

Such a cunt club, stole the CL we earned for Denmark and now got a fucking artificial grass pitch, no clubs wins at their home stadium because of it.

It's pretty exciting if it's your team winning the title.

Of course. If Chelsea were winning I would declare it the best season in years too, but there's not going to be any late Aguero winners this year that's for sure.

Tc91

I feel bad for you guys.

This is what I was getting at a couple of weeks back :lol.

If our team is so average then the rest of the Premier League then.. I can't even describe them.

Wilbur

Banned
He hasn't been firing as much this season, but for the majority of the last year he was easily the best midfielder in the premiership.

A dearth of world class midfielders in the Premier League though. On his day (which is very very rarely really) Yaya is unbeatable, but as good as Carrick and Gerrard have been this season I'd struggle to give you many top top tier midfielders.

Kyoufu

I feel bad for you guys.

Yes. We've had so many injuries that our first half of the season was a nightmare.

If Cabaye, HBA and others were fit from the beginning we would have won the league comfortably.

Arnie

He hasn't been firing as much this season, but for the majority of the last year he was easily the best midfielder in the premiership.

I'd say for half of last season.

Personally don't feel the Silva hype that much. Both him and Cazorla are but mere shrimplets compared to the bearded, king prawn that is Juan Mata.

Randdalf

Arsenal: Fabianski, Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Arteta, Diaby, Walcott, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Giroud.

Is that a good or a bad thing? They did fine without him against Bayern. Good to see the Ox starting a game.

He's shown world class form for precisely 5 months of the last 6 years. That's not long enough to get in by reputation (Aguero) or current form (Suarez)

Same. I wouldn't call Tevez world class either

edit: Arnie is right, Killer7 is wrong

GorillaJu

I'd say for half of last season.

Personally don't feel the Silva hype that much. Both him and Cazorla are but mere shrimplets compared to the bearded, king prawn that is Juan Mata.

The gap in class was quite narrow, but it's obvious now: Mata is Spanish boss.

Wilbur

Banned

I've said it for years and I have no idea how the media haven't copped onto it yet. But just because he scored a bunch of goals in his first season didn't make him a good defender. His awareness of his own, his team mates and his opponent's positions are as bad as I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom