• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jburton

Banned
Excellent result by Everton, congrats.

As for Man City, well there have been few worse defending champions in Premier Legue history.

Building a legacy indeed.

Suen

Such a cunt club, stole the CL we earned for Denmark and now got a fucking artificial grass pitch, no clubs wins at their home stadium because of it.
This is how they will win the league every year. Chelsea will lose for the same reason against Rubin Kazan when you play in Moscow!

Even if City never win another title, there will always be Aguuuuueerrrooo! and getting 8 in 6. That's a lifetime memory right there. This season is just a blip on the radar down the line.
Not really the right attitude to have though.

And if you win the FA cup and finish second it'll still be amongst one of City's greatest ever seasons. Don't get too down on yourselves.

Wilbur

Banned
I wouldn't call Zabs world class. You need to do something really special to be a world class right back, such as 1) wear a Real Madrid shirt or 2) be a decisive factor in your team for more than one or two occasions (like Lahm), apart from being just highly talented and hard working.

Yeah. World class full backs at the moment:

Lahm
Alba

and that's probably it. I do really like Piszczek as well actually, and Baines/Cole are wonderful considering they're fucking English. Baines is as decisive a match winning full back as I've seen.

Peco

Hard to define if Zabaleta is world class. He's solid and dependable and one of the very best in his position, but for instance I'd have no qualms calling Lahm a world class full back but not Zabaleta. Not sure why.

Lahm plays well whenever is called to play, Bundes, Champions League, national team, that's why.

Wilbur

Banned
I'd say for half of last season.

Personally don't feel the Silva hype that much. Both him and Cazorla are but mere shrimplets compared to the bearded, king prawn that is Juan Mata.

Arnold knows. Mata is one of the league's three best players.

GorillaJu

Yeah. World class full backs at the moment:

Lahm
Alba

and that's probably it. I do really like Piszczek as well actually, and Baines/Cole are wonderful considering they're fucking English. Baines is as decisive a match winning full back as I've seen.

Alba, really? We're probably talking about fine margins here, but from what I've seen I'd say Alba is benefiting from being a Barca player and in that team more than he's benefiting them.

K1LLER7

He's shown world class form for precisely 5 months of the last 6 years. That's not long enough to get in by reputation (Aguero) or current form (Suarez)

Same. I wouldn't call Tevez world class either

edit: Arnie is right, Killer7 is wrong
So world class players currently in the PL:

Wilshere (when fit), Suarez, Mata, Rio, Bale, RVP(?).

LegoArmo

The Premier League is a great league, with a lot of quality teams. Teams like Everton, Swansea, Liverpool, West Brom are very tough to beat mid table sides. The team bottom of the league has spent tens of millions on multiple players. The problem with a lot of the teams, is outside of United and possibly Spurs, the league is mentally weak. Why, I don't know. Poor managers?

sohois

Jack Cork looks completely different from how I remember him. Really weird that he made it all the way to the premier league.

GorillaJu

Allen getting bullied around. You can tell he's trying, but he's so fucking small, man. He was the right man for Tottenham, but a team like Southampton that press in numbers, I don't see why Rodgers would put him in over Henderson as a Lucas replacement.

Wilbur

Banned
Alba, really? We're probably talking about fine margins here, but from what I've seen I'd say Alba is benefiting from being a Barca player and in that team more than he's benefiting them.

Was great at Valencia and Spain, brilliant at the Euros, scores a fair amount of goals. Not as good as Lahm for sure, but I think he's fantastic. A cunt, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom