• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clegg

The only thing this gif is missing is the inch perfect pass from Carrick that put Rooney through.

iK8dJKZS1ZaHi.gif

Lightning

Banned
Szczęsny
Jenkinson/Koscielny/Vermaelen/Monreal
Arteta/Ramsey
Walcott Wilshere Cazorla
Giroud

3-2 Arsenal.
Indeed. Kos would be a better choice for this game over Per imo. Podolski and Chamberlain to have an impact from the bench. Decent team going forward, if our defence is on their game, we will be fine.

Salvadora

Yeah, it's a shame that Sagna can't play. Would have been much better for us but as long as Jenkinson doesn't lose his head we should be okay. He was alright last week against Villa so I'm hoping.
He needs to keep his head down and focus on the job. No trying to be a hero, just do a decent job and that will be enough for me.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If we can't beat an Arsenal team with Jenkinson, Ramsey and Koscielny in it then we don't deserve to be in the top 4. All the rest of the top 4 have had their way with Arsenal this season, we have got to win this game.

Hopefully we play:

Lloris
Walker Dawson Vertonghen BAE
Parker Dembele
Lennon Bale Holtby
Adebayor

We were pissing on Arsenal at the Emirates with 11 men, could have been 3-0 up in the first 15 minutes. If Ade keeps his head he can be our secret weapon.

i swear, 2nd half of Sporting vs Porto was the worst played football i've ever seen in my life.

some sub-amateur stuff, especially from Sporting. i wouldn't want Ricky W on my team even to wash the toilets.

L1NETT

Looking forward to the Spurs/Gooners game. Might put to a cheeky bet with my poker winnings on a high scoring draw. 3-3 perhaps?

---

Did anyone get any Eurogamer Expo tickets? Also, was there a GAF meet up last year?

Ushojax

Looking forward to the Spurs/Gooners game. Might put to a cheeky bet with my poker winnings on a high scoring draw. 3-3 perhaps?

---

Did anyone get any Eurogamer Expo tickets? Also, was there a GAF meet up last year?

Maybe. There was a 3-3 in this fixture two seasons ago.

Ushojax

Can't see Adebayor being any sort of secret weapon. He will have a quiet Sunday if he isn't sent off.

Very unlikely. He's the top scorer in NLD history, he will be up for this game. He always plays well against his old teams. What he can do when he plays well is create chances for others, he got a glorious assist for VDV in this game last season. He is able to pull wide and cross/tee up others. As long as he keeps his head I think this could be the game where the old Ade returns. Nobody will be more desperate to win this game than him. I don't think there he has ever had a 'quiet' NLD. He's scored or assisted in all the NLDs he's played for us.

jtb

Banned
I fully expect Adebayor to be terrible tomorrow. I think we've got a decent chance. I wonder if Wenger will go with Walcott up top again; it wouldn't be a bad decision, imo. It's going to be a ridiculously open game, might as well exploit that with pace.

Also, Jenkinson is no Santos. He'll have a decent game I think, even if he doesn't keep Bale completely quiet.

rvy

Banned
Good job, Sporting. Wolfswinkel is a shit striker and that middle finger is gonna earn him a fine and a few games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom