• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT15| About as productive as Tika Taka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

Very unlikely. He's the top scorer in NLD history, he will be up for this game. He always plays well against his old teams. What he can do when he plays well is create chances for others, he got a glorious assist for VDV in this game last season. He is able to pull wide and cross/tee up others. As long as he keeps his head I think this could be the game where the old Ade returns. Nobody will be more desperate to win this game than him. I don't think there he has ever had a 'quiet' NLD. He's scored or assisted in all the NLDs he's played for us.
I'm ready to be proven wrong!
We've got to avoid our standard 1st half poop display. It cost us our games against both City and Chelsea.

I posted a table a couple of weeks ago showing that we'd be near the top of the table if it only counted second half displays. It's been infuriating watching us start games this season.

rvy

Banned
I don't approve of this title. I think political stuff should be separate from football.

I thought Mumei was gonna change it?
KuGsj.gif

Fuck y'all haters for not liking my titles.

berbasexwis7y.gif

Slizz

How is that dude who got knocked out by Crouch's foot? Looked pretty bad, was out before he hit the ground.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Also, Jenkinson is no Santos. He'll have a decent game I think, even if he doesn't keep Bale completely quiet.

Well he couldn't even stay on the pitch against Sunderland. He is prone to a rash challenge and while I think he's quite good going forward, his defensive acumen is questionable.

He won't even be playing against Bale, he'll be playing against Holtby most of the time. Bale will be going for the throat and hovering around the Vermaelen - Arteta - Ramsey triangle. Fuck I just want to get this game out of the way so I know whether to get excited for the run-in or prepare for failure again.

Lightning

Banned
Very unlikely. He's the top scorer in NLD history, he will be up for this game. He always plays well against his old teams. What he can do when he plays well is create chances for others, he got a glorious assist for VDV in this game last season. He is able to pull wide and cross/tee up others. As long as he keeps his head I think this could be the game where the old Ade returns. Nobody will be more desperate to win this game than him. I don't think there he has ever had a 'quiet' NLD. He's scored or assisted in all the NLDs he's played for us.
Always plays well against his old teams? Getting himself sent off and costing you guys an ass kicking is not "playing well"

Salvadora

Well he couldn't even stay on the pitch against Sunderland. He is prone to a rash challenge and while I think he's quite good going forward, his defensive acumen is questionable.

He won't even be playing against Bale, he'll be playing against Holtby most of the time. Bale will be going for the throat and hovering around the Vermaelen - Arteta - Ramsey triangle. Fuck I just want to get this game out of the way so I know whether to get excited for the run-in or prepare for failure again.

I'm a little bit worried about United in Europe to be honest. If they somehow pull it off we both could potentially lose out.

Ushojax

Always plays well against his old teams? Getting himself sent off and costing you guys an ass kicking is not "playing well"

Eh, he got over-excited, it happens in big games, I don't hold that against him. As I said, he has scored or assisted in all his NLDs for Spurs and looked up for it until that sending off. If he can just stay cool I'm sure he will contribute, he also played extremely well at the Etihad this season.

Far more damaging that Ade's sending off was Gallas' utter failure to organise the backline once we were down to 10. To let a lumbering anvil like Mertesacker score a goal against us is embarrassing and stemmed entirely from nobody picking up the slack on man-marking once Ade left the pitch. All 3 of the first half goals we conceded would have been prevented with some basic defensive diligence, but at that stage of the season we were playing a very wonky back 4 and that was the first time Lloris got the nod as No.1, it was a total mess back there.

Salvadora

Eh, he got over-excited, it happens in big games, I don't hold that against him. As I said, he has scored or assisted in all his NLDs for Spurs and looked up for it until that sending off. If he can just stay cool I'm sure he will contribute, he also played extremely well at the Etihad this season.

Far more damaging that Ade's sending off was Gallas' utter failure to organise the backline once we were down to 10. To let a lumbering anvil like Mertesacker score a goal against us is embarrassing and stemmed entirely from nobody picking up the slack on man-marking once Ade left the pitch. All 3 of the first half goals we conceded would have been prevented with some basic defensive diligence, but at that stage of the season we were playing a very wonky back 4 and that was the first time Lloris got the nod as No.1, it was a total mess back there.

I remember your despair over letting Rosicky score last season. Who will it be this time? Corporal Jenkinson will be up for it.

Ushojax

I remember your despair over letting Rosicky score last season. Who will it be this time? corporal Jenkinson will be up for it.

Fuck, I forgot about him. I think seeing Rosicky beat Ledley King to score at the near post was one of the most depressing things I've ever seen.

rvy

Banned
Just realized Messi scored today and Ronaldo didn't. LOL

That's how much Messi sucked in the 90 minutes in comparison to Ronaldo's influence in just one half.

Still gonna win the Ballon d'Or if he keeps this up. Uefalona.

Plasma

Banned
Back page of the Sunday Telegraph is running a story that a Middle Eastern consortium are going to bid 1.5bn for Arsenal, if the bid is successful they're going to make transfer funds available, make the club debt free and reduce ticket prices.

FootballFan

Just realized Messi scored today and Ronaldo didn't. LOL

That's how much Messi sucked in the 90 minutes in comparison to Ronaldo's influence in just one half.

Madrid scored without him on the field and the winner had nothing to do with him, 3 Ballon d'Ors behind and 2 years older. Don't forget that. :D

wZY205K.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom