• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Suen

Probably cant even spell class.

Why are they bitching again? The offside?
They are bitching again because the only way for them to win CL is by bitching their way to glory. Barcas tiki taka requires the ref to be on their side to be functional.

If Barca are going to cry in front of UEFA about the ref then the Man Utd squad should be taking a shit (in turn) on Cuneyt Cakır lawn.

Now I'm waiting for Alves to say that Mourinho controls UEFA once they have their complain denied.

qindarka

Banned
raphael honigstein ‏@honigstein 1m

Schürrle to Chelsea not yet done, but very close. €20m. And De Bruyne will go on loan to Leverkusen - NOT a part exchange.

Good news if true. Would be ridiculous to sell De Bruyne and Schurrle wasn't worth that much. How is he doing in Leverkusen anyway, thought he had a poor first season.

Suen

Valdes hints at Premier League interest

Barcelona's Victor Valdes has hinted that he would consider a move to the Premier League after his departure from Camp Nou.

The 31-year-old is expected to leave Barca in the summer and a host of clubs are thought to be interested in the shot-stopper's services, including Arsenal.

The Spaniard praised the Premier League and spoke of his admiration for the supporters and the atmosphere at games in England.

"I like the Premier League, of course," he told FourFourTwo.

"I like the respect of the crowd towards footballers in England. It’s a different way of living football. They clap a simple tackle in England, we’re not used to that. I like it."

Valdes, who has made over 350 appearances for the Camp Nou side, admitted he has enjoyed his career to date with Barca but now wants a fresh experience.

"I’ve had great times here, I love it at Barcelona," he continued. "I will always come back here, but I have this wonderful job which allows me to travel. And I want to travel.

"I want to try new cultures, new football, new challenges," he added.
Arsenal, whatever you do don't accept him or we're more doomed than what we already are.

Linius

I'm glad my laptop works again, apparently the hard drive was having a hard time and some partitions went awol on me. Replaced it and now everything works fine again. Too bad I lost so many stuff, like my iTunes library which I can set up from scratch again :(

bjaelke

Can't be used at all. He compares it to a vacuum cleaner and electricity
KuGsj.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW28VSmXnCo

GorillaJu

The "rural areas" thing was just him razzing his friend, but I am bothered by the fact that a Microsoft guy is semi-confirming everyone's suspicions on this horrible feature.

MS is just doing a complete Sony here, being such arrogant cunts thinking "oh they will buy it anyway", it's amazing how little these companies learn.

Lavezzi: "Sometimes I think about returning to Italy. The Milano clubs would be good solutions for me. I'm more fascinated by Milan than I am by Inter. Their charm is superior to Inter's."

You're goddamn right. The best part is that Inter has been after him for years.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bale injury doesn't seem too bad. Giovinvo took that awful challenge from Cambiasso but he was playing 3 days later, ankles can always look worse on impact than they actually are.

SSN showed a stat this morning that showed we win just as often without Bale as we do with him, and that we actually score more goals when he isn't playing. I'm more worried about Lennon because I don't really know what the problem was with him. Seems to be his knee but hopefully it's nothing serious. He always gets niggles at this stage of the season.

arkon

I hope to all the Gods in Westeros that we get a Bravely Default localisation.

bravely_default.jpg

1.jpg

Surely Nintendo and Square like money. Surely, right?

This is what I'm waiting for. Somebody has to make it happen.

Also I'm still pissed at the region lock on a handheld. Fucking Nintendo.

Gambit

Just read this guardian article how Kroos is the archetype of the future playmaker. Interesting idea, as his style is often seen as anachronistic in today's football.

Anyway, thought I'd share. click

Personally, I am a big Kroos fan and think his injury is a great loss for Bayern. I really wanted to eventually (one day) see a Schweini-Martinez-Kroos midfield against Barca. (Against Juve, however, Müller might be the better option)

I hope to all the Gods in Westeros that we get a Bravely Default localisation.

So, so true. The music makes it even better!

If anything I don't like the backlash because I want to see what will happen when they launch an online-required console.

If people complain too much MS might scrap it.
What will probably happen is people will buy it, people will like it. The DRM features will probably equate to; register the game, install and play online disc free -- should you choose -- and have as much offline play as you desire after registration -- with disc. If you trade a disc in, the new owner probably has to pay for a code to activate the disc -- or particular content. Basically the current EA model. Publishers -- like EA -- will then bend over backwards to facilitate MS with exclusive content because they know they can lock it down. Everyone will realize that everything they own is online all the time anyway and it makes little sense to worry. The world will move on as if nothing ever happened and at least 50% of the people in that thread whining will buy Nextbox anyway.

At least that's what I think having applied the same level of conjecture to the topic as everybody in that thread was last night.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
If the Schurrle stuff is true I really hope the De Bruyne deal is just a loan. Would be silly to get rid of him.

There is never any sense to the way Chelsea deal with young players. Ancelotti was giving McEachran regular match time but two years on he's plying his trade in the Championship.

There is never any sense to the way Chelsea deal with young players. Ancelotti was giving McEachran regular match time but two years on he's plying his trade in the Championship.

Well we loaned him to Swansea when other teams wanted him too as Brendan said he would get game time and then didn't get it so rather than sitting on our bench he sat on theirs. We let him go to Middlesbrough because we knew he'd play virtually every match, lad needs game time.

What will probably happen is people will buy it, people will like it. The DRM features will probably equate to; register the game, install and play online disc free -- should you choose -- and have as much offline play as you desire after registration -- with disc. If you trade a disc in, the new owner probably has to pay for a code to activate the disc -- or particular content. Basically the current EA model. Publishers -- like EA -- will then bend over backwards to facilitate MS with exclusive content because they know they can lock it down. Everyone will realize that everything they own is online all the time anyway and it makes little sense to worry. The world will move on as if nothing ever happened and at least 50% of the people in that thread whining will buy Nextbox anyway.

At least that's what I think having applied the same level of conjecture to the topic as everybody in that thread was last night.

All will be fine until there is a big release (i.e. next COD) and the servers get fucked to pieces. Then no one can play their new game. The meltdowns and I told you sos will be delicious.

Top Bottom