• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
iZYsK4cN9zC8t.gif

Makes me want to vomit

It's the run up. That prancing shit always goes wrong.

Lol so fucking hard. It's FC Basel not FC Bayern or FC Barcelona. You don't belong in the champions league anyway if you think that way.

Eh, we had Bale, Sandro and Lennon missing. I think any team would find it hard against a strong, confident side like that. We just didn't have the pace that you need to get that third goal. We couldn't have done any more.

If you weren't watching fucking darts you'd know
I don't have a bloody choice. The channel broadcasting EL has only got the rights for showing one match, Newcastle in this case, and does the highlights after that. But because Spurs went to penalties they couldn't show that because this same channel does darts as well. Conflicting schedules

So I'm stuck with watching darts.

FootballFan

Lol so fucking hard. It's FC Basel not FC Bayern or FC Barcelona. You don't belong in the champions league anyway if you think that way.

Sviat, you are like me, straight to the point. I like that.(Though I think tottenham were really good tbh and agree with most of kingellesar's post)

What did you think of Benfica btw??

Wilbur

Banned

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Sviat, you are like me, straight to the point. I like that.(Though I think tottenham were really good tbh and agree with most of kingellesar's post)

What did you think of Benfica btw??

Benfica is shit. They were so lucky against us last year in the CL final 16. We dominated the fuck out of them in St. Petes but only won 3-2 because we had to play our reserve keeper who let in two howlers that would even make Valdes say got damn!

FootballFan

Benfica is shit. They were so lucky against us last year in the CL final 16. We dominated the fuck out of them in St. Petes but only won 3-2 because we had to play our reserve keeper who let in two howlers that would even make Valdes say got damn!

I'm sure I've heard that before.

You know your stuff.

Basel 3-2 Zenit
Basel 4-4 Tottenham with all their key players missing

Tottenham > Zenit

#realtalk

Difference is I've always been claiming that Basel is shit, I didn't do the whole "we played valiantly against such a strong opponent" bs. Instead, I was disgusted by our performance.

Wilbur

Banned
Difference is I've always been claiming that Basel is shit, I didn't do the whole "we played valiantly against such a strong opponent" bs. Instead, I was disgusted by our performance.

They're not shit though. I have noticed that a lot of the time you lose, you claim it's because you were really shit as opposed to any opposition strength :lol

Basel were really good over the two legs, and they're now in the semi finals. They're deserving of praise. Just like Liverpool were deserving of praise when they beat you, but - haven't looked back to check - I'm guessing you just said you were shit.

We were in the knockout stages last season, and will be again next season. BTW, Tottenham would find it equally hard to qualify for the CL in Russia. #Realtalk

You won't, there is a reason every team in Europe pisses all over Zenit.

Yeah we would because we are an English team.

Feorax

Guardian reckon we could be looking at £12 million to get Ashley Williams in the summer. Arsenal apparently bid £9 million in Jan, but were told no by Swansea.

I'd pay it personally.

Top Bottom