• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

rvy

Banned
mlNLUOh.gif

Who is this fucking guy? I keep seeing pictures and gifs of him used everywhere.

every one of you fuckers would bang natalie dormer and you know it

also i had no idea the actress that plays sansa is only 17. i was hoping it was one of those situations where they got a slightly older girl to play a younger role. now i feel weird.

G-Unit

I just realized barca nation is pub stumping the competition in the thread bwahahaha

Dammit, now I want Dota 2 Matches between the nations, I bet Barca Five would kick major ass

We are all Bayern.

Against Barcelona at least.

I don't know about that, lol

Hmm, they can't let Van Buyten deal with Messi. While Boateng is a walking red card especially vs. Cuntelona.
I'd probably field Martinez as CB since since he knows him from playing for Bilbao.
And I'm pretty sure they won't try to hang with Barca and instead will try to park the bus to some degree. They certainly won't be able to impose possession on Barca.

Jin_7

It is kind of weird how UEFA handle it. If you are going to parachute CL flop teams into the competition then the winner of the Europa should enter the CL qualifying phase the next season.

If the winner or best team of the EL without a CL ticket through the league gets a CL qualification spot it could somewhat levitate the EL as well.

Bayern - Barca

Barca goes through. Will be one horrible defense against another (if Puyol's still out) and ̶B̶̶a̶̶r̶̶c̶̶a̶ Messi will score more goals.

Dortmund - Real

Real goes through. Will be a tense match in which the more expierenced team wins.

Bayern - Barca

Barca goes through. Will be one horrible defense against another (if Puyol's still out) and ̶B̶̶a̶̶r̶̶c̶̶a̶ Messi will score more goals.

Dortmund - Real

Real goes through. Will be a tense match in which the more expierenced team wins.

I don't think Real will go through. Madrid can't beat German teams.

K1LLER7

Full Guillem Balague on Falcao

On Falcao and Manchester United (don't look for certainties, only one)

For those of you who are looking for certitudes, for black or whites, for ‘never mind negotiations, is he definitively going?’, stop reading here because nothing is definitive in this saga yet.

The story comes from Madrid. Manchester United, I have been told, have paid an advance figure (which varies depending who you ask) for Falcao. That would mean that they are willing to pay 60 million euros for him. All that money for one player? That is the part that I cannot comprehend.

If it is true that they have made an advance payment like they did with De Gea, it means that they will almost certainly get the player. Do Manchester United need another striker? It is becoming obvious by the day that they are selling Wayne Rooney, but will anybody buy? Madrid and Barcelona are not interested. Not many other options left, and they are all in England: Chelsea, City? So they will need to sell Rooney to follow up that payment with the rest of the huge fee.

To complicate matters, Real Madrid have set eyes on two players and the media will start the saga as soon as they get KOd from the Champions League (or win it): Gareth Bale and Kun Agüero. If Kun goes, then there is a space open for Rooney, but there are lots of bridges to cross before we get there.

So, the only certitude is that from the Spanish club the leak is that Manchester Unite have made a payment for Falcao. Are they trying to push for a deal, are they trying to warn other potential suitors (Chelsea and PSG, mainly. City are not looking to replace Agüero… if they convince him to stay)

We are at that stage of the season where, yes, annoying I know, but anything can happen still

I'm not sure we have to sell Rooney to fund for the move. But i'd expect Nani/Chicha to be involved in any deal if it were to happen.

Also rumours Strootz is nearly done for around 15-18m euros.

Top Bottom