• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Kyoufu

Shits getting real at the bottom of the table. Villa have some form and Wigan have two games in hand. It could go either way. Stoke and Sunderland are in deep trouble aswell.

One of Wigan's games in hand is City though, so it doesn't really count.

sohois

It was obv. Liverpool would have a downturn after they went on that amazing run of 3 straight wins.

Of course, having now had 2 consecutive 0-0 draws against crap sides, Liverpool will easily beat Chelsea and Everton in upcoming fixtures and all of a sudden Sturridge will be once again an amazing signing, Johnson will be the best rb in the league again and Rodgers will be a genius. Then Liverpool lose to Newcastle and everyone is shit again.

Slizz

Well Giroud had interest in staying on his feet : P I don't think he was pulling the other guy down, will have to rewatch.

On the rewatch its not really a pen. The main official is right on top of it, no idea why he didn't wave play on and instead looks to the far linesman...

lol

Just wait for UtdGAF when Fergie leaves us unchanged against Stoke.

You're waltzing your way to the league title though. What are we doing? Instead of looking to overtake Everton, we're now looking over our shoulder at fucking West Brom and Swansea. We should have been getting 3 or 4 wins from the last 4 games. 3 of them have been against teams that were (at the time) relegation candidates, and the other was at home against a team whose season has ground to a halt.

And we've got 5 points from those games. Scoring 3 goals, with two goalless draws in there. Its not good enough, and I'm just not sure if the players give a shit to be honest.

Sturridge in particular has transitioned straight from 'oh, he's changed his role and everyone is benefitting from it' to 'oh, he's gone back to his old ways. PASS THE FUCKING BALL YOU TWAT, STOP FUCKING ABOUT!'

Add that to Suarez going back to last season's form, and things are not promising between now and the end of the season.

Newcastle away
Everton home
Chelsea home

We won't be winning any of those with form like this. Still, at least Agger and Reina are playing well again ¬¬

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
On the rewatch its not really a pen. The main official is right on top of it, no idea why he didn't wave play on and instead look to the far linesman...

I think this is the same referee who gave Arsenal a couple of dubious pens against West Brom as well. He's just a bit crap.

Seeing Spurs fans melt down is great. They follow Arsenal with as much devotion as they follow their own team lol

Know your enemy.
You have to credit Arsenal, despite losing the NLD they just keep on winning despite fielding awful players like Gervinho and Ramsey. We just don't seem able to do that at the business end.

Seeing Spurs fans melt down is great. They follow Arsenal with as much devotion as they follow their own team lol

image.php

Slizz

I think this is the same referee who gave Arsenal a couple of dubious pens against West Brom as well. He's just a bit crap.

Know your enemy.

Take what you can get if I'm Arsenal. I think the subs that Wenger finally made would have still netted a goal, who knows about 3 though.

You're waltzing your way to the league title though. What are we doing? Instead of looking to overtake Everton, we're now looking over our shoulder at fucking West Brom and Swansea. We should have been getting 3 or 4 wins from the last 4 games. 3 of them have been against teams that were (at the time) relegation candidates, and the other was at home against a team whose season has ground to a halt.

And we've got 5 points from those games. Scoring 3 goals, with two goalless draws in there. Its not good enough, and I'm just not sure if the players give a shit to be honest.

Sturridge in particular has transitioned straight from 'oh, he's changed his role and everyone is benefitting from it' to 'oh, he's gone back to his old ways. PASS THE FUCKING BALL YOU TWAT, STOP FUCKING ABOUT!'

Add that to Suarez going back to last season's form, and things are not promising between now and the end of the season.

Newcastle away
Everton home
Chelsea home

We won't be winning any of those with form like this. Still, at least Agger and Reina are playing well again ¬¬
This is what happens when you don't have enough consistent performers in the team and when there is nothing to play for.

Another point, our fullbacks have done fuck all in attack since January. Think its a consequence of having a system that isn;t suited to covering for them when moves break down, and a front 3/4 that is absolutely useless from deep crosses, meaning that unless they're parallel with the box, they don't have any options.

#CarrollIn

edit: Those corporate seats...Bravo, FA, especially putting the camera on the opposite side of the stadium so you can see how empty it is throughout the match

pescara have one of the worst squads i have ever seen in serie a. they are playing against fucking siena at home, and their defense looks like that of a primavera squad.

Such an intense and exciting end. I thought we were really about to lose there. Defense was sleeping today, Norwich should could have easily scored more. Glad we made it through anyway.

closed the browser update when norwich scored, and was pleasantly surprised when it's 3-1 fulltime. one of these days my heart will pop.

Arsenal are going to do it aren't they. They're gonna finish 4th.

my fingers are crossed, there are six games to go.

Mastadon

Banned
I've been fairly impressed, he's exceeded my expectations in terms of implementing a proper, definable style of football into a team that had none for two years prior to his appointment. Some of the football we've produced has been wonderful. Obviously consistency has been an issue, but when you consider the players we were having to use in the first half of the season, it's hardly surprising. I think we're still the youngest side in the league on average.

Signings have been mostly good, and he's done much more with previous signings. Ill be interested to see what happens in terms of signings in the summer.

Rodgers out.

Hixx

#basedDelph

Not a terrible weekends results so far... win tomorrow would give me a week long erection. I would probably put up with it as well.

I am becoming a devout religionist for 24 hours

JESUS PLS

Plasma

Banned
Thought we weren't going to get anything out of that game what a finish.

That ref was a bit shite gave everything to Norwich, free kick that led to their goal looked like the bloke just fell over. Not even sure we should have got a penalty, couldn't really see what happened from where I was.

Grant Holt is a nasty piece of work as well how on earth did he get through that game without getting booked.

Suck it. We won!

I didn't see the third goal but apparently Walcott was offside. So a penalty that shouldn't have been given from a corner that shouldn't have been given, an own goal which donkey Giroud celebrates with a knee slide, and a goal with an offside in the build up. That spirit and belief.

Thought we weren't going to get anything out of that game what a finish.

That ref was a bit shite gave everything to Norwich, free kick that led to their goal looked like the bloke just fell over. Not even sure we should have got a penalty, couldn't really see what happened from where I was.

Grant Holt is a nasty piece of work as well how on earth did he get through that game without getting booked.

Holt is absolute shite. Everything that's wrong with classic English strikers, rolled into one twat

@Viva, other way round and only post-match comments :)

Suen

How can Levante do so BAD at home? La Coruna scored their third goal just a short while ago, keit4 laughing all the way to victory.

IMO this season is as expected for Liverpool and probably a little bit above par.

You haven't signed any world class players, they tend to be the ones which transform the results. Most of the signings have been very safe.

Rodgers has tried to change the way you play almost completely, for the most part the players have taken to it. It's produced some decent results but the football is at least heading in the right way. Some younger players have been blooded.

Can't have realistically expected more from this season. You guys need to buy better players now, simple as that.

Ingeniero

I didn't see the third goal but apparently Walcott was offside. So a penalty that shouldn't have been given from a corner that shouldn't have been given, an own goal which donkey Giroud celebrates with a knee slide, and a goal with an offside in the build up. That spirit and belief.

come man just stop.
It was a clear penalty and a deserved win, Arsenal played better.
Just deal with it.

GorillaJu

IMO this season is as expected for Liverpool and probably a little bit above par.

You haven't signed any world class players, they tend to be the ones which transform the results. Most of the signings have been very safe.

Rodgers has tried to change the way you play almost completely, for the most part the players have taken to it. It's produced some decent results but the football is at least heading in the right way. Some younger players have been blooded.

Can't have realistically expected more from this season. You guys need to buy better players now, simple as that.

Yep. Agreed here 100%.

Lightning

Banned
You seem bitter man. Honestly very unlike you. Penalties like that one can go either way. Need to check on the offside though. I was too busy celebrating the goal that I must have missed it.

come man just stop.
It was a clear penalty and a deserved win, Arsenal played better.
Just deal with it.

Yeah it had nothing to do with how pony the ref and the linesman were.

You seem bitter man. Honestly very unlike you. Penalties like that one can go either way. Need to check on the offside though. I was too busy celebrating the goal that I must have missed it.

You want to see the teams you're competing against gifted 3 points that they didn't deserve?

Top Bottom