• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

Nyx

What happened yesterday Nyx, man? And has Verhoeven gained even more weight since his Ajax days?

It was one of those matches where everything that could go wrong, went wrong.

In the first 15 minutes Utrecht was better and deserved a penalty kick (+ red card for Viergever of AZ) but didn't get it. Then Kali and Wuytens act like juniors with stupid fouls that everybody could see clearly and both got sent off after getting 2 yellow cards, and we got 2 penalty kicks against us.

Then Utrecht had to play with 9 vs 11 for 60 minutes..

And no I don't think so, he always looked this fat.

Just another example that Chris Foy should not be refereeing at this level.

Then Foy should be banished from profession officiating, as should the linesman from that Wigan-Newcastle match. The FA will throw the rulebook out of the window to save face for the referees, and to save a bit of paperwork. Fucking disgrace. Hopefully a Wigan player sneakily ends Aguero's afternoon in the first minute of the final. Nothing too serious, just enough to essentially give him the ban he deserves.

Whatever guys, I always RESPECT the referee regardless of his performance, as mandated (and punitively enforced) by the FA. Good bless them.

Whatever guys, I always RESPECT the referee regardless of his performance, as mandated (and punitively enforced) by the FA. Good bless them.

:p

They deserve the average amount of respect you'd afford to somebody you don't know. I've never understood how the FA can expect people to respect certain referees as professionals when they make such huge mistakes week after week

Meier

Catching up on the thread. Just seeing on ESPN that Aguero won't be punished for the Luiz tackle.. phew! He really should be but I won't be complaining.

I read in the comments that Luiz gave him a pretty nasty elbow to the stomach earlier in the game. I didn't see that so I'm not sure the validity, but I'd imagine there must be some truth to it. Can't really see why Sergio would have done that otherwise.

deGod

DROLTiV.gif

Epic Fail

Copenhagen's youth academy:

DROLTiV.gif

You might want to hold off on Fischer. He was throwing a tantrum yesterday after a non-penalty. Showed his lack of experience. Was awarded a yellow for his tirades.

Gotta have some quality control so we don't end with players like Randrup in our first team.

Meier

Hopefully a Wigan player sneakily ends Aguero's afternoon in the first minute of the final. Nothing too serious, just enough to essentially give him the ban he deserves.

Well, in this instance he would have been back for the final since a ban would apply to EPL games as well. We play Wigan on Wednesday though so you could get your wish then perhaps.

No I think he really has gained some weight recently. I know that he lost a "lot" when he was still at Ajax because he got a lot of critique and the time on his contract was running out.

Nyx

No I think he really has gained some weight recently. I know that he lost a "lot" when he was still at Ajax because he got a lot of critique and the time on his contract was running out.

Also at Utrecht the staff is looking at his eating patterns and such, and nothing seems to be wrong with that.

If I recall correctly something is wrong with his metabolism.

Luiz did kind of elbow him, whether it was intentional or just to shrug him off I'm not sure but he did catch Aguero.

There was absolutely no need for what Aguero did though. Very lucky boy to stay on the pitch and then to avoid a ban.

dc89

I don't feel like playing games anymore because of what I witnessed yesterday. Nothing compares. I look at the games on the shelf and I'm uninspired.

Top Bottom