• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

arkon

Thought for sure Liverpool would win today. They've been on a good run recently. Well played, West Ham I guess. Good point for them.

We were destined to miss out on CL. We just warm it up for Arsenal to take it over.

Would need one big major fuck up from Chelsea or Arsenal for us to get it and I dont see that.

Dempsey has been so bad, why not give a youngster a chance?

FuturusX

Oh dear.

Spurs aren't going to miss out on CL again are they?

It's written in the stars. They are a 'nearly' club.

When Bale limped off mid week, I knew it was bad news. If they lose this one it's probably done. The momentum lies with the gunners now.

GorillaJu

Well, West Ham got what they came for, no question. A good defensive performance from both sides really (not that we had much to do on that front, but Agger was solid as a rock).

Bad day at the front end of the pitch for us. Very, very frustrating from our attackers.

Zabojnik

Sampdoria 1-3 Palermo

Palermo, Siena and Genoa are all on 27 points now!

Damn, I thought it was Genoa - Napoli, not Napoli - Genoa tonight. Not that Genoa would have any chance of taking a point home anyway, but still. I could at least hope. Not so. :/

Oh, Glen.

Tonight/tomorrow!

tumblr_liutcftoqo1qbfk73.png

It's written in the stars. They are a 'nearly' club.

When Bale limped off mid week, I knew it was bad news. If they lose this one it's probably done. The momentum lies with the gunners now.

It's a shame because Spurs probably deserve it, and a fair share of Arsenal fans want to miss out on the 4th spot to trigger a change at the club

sohois

With Suarez playing so poorly it was always going to be very tough to get something from this match; though Liverpool certainly weren't helped by what I feel is Rodgers biggest weakness: his utter refusal to sub either Suarez or Gerrard regardless of their performances.

West Ham were the worst attacking team I have seen this season, didn't even come close to the goal, though the defence in general were very good. Lucas dominated the midfield which was nice to see. Suarez the only outright disappointing performance, everyone else ranging from good to average really.

edit: though there really should've been a penalty, a poor call from the ref that one.

Labadal

Got a headache watching us play today. Suarez and Sturridge were really poor. Glen Johnson's abysmal form continues. Carragher needs to retire yesterday. Hendereson and Lucas didn't do much offensively. Jose Enrique and Agger were the only players that don't have to feel ashamed today.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Conte on Vucinic:

“I told Vucinic he had a terrible game and still scored two goals… Imagine what he would’ve done if he had played well! It’s important that he scored today and that bodes well for the Bayern match, even if I’m thinking of benching him!”

KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom