• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Clegg

Tony Evans is having another shocker.

First he fucked up with the Qatar Dream League and now he's done this

Tony Evans ‏@TonyEvansTimes 34m

And I'll tell you something. Ferguson feels better without Dalglish opposing him

Nyx

It't not the deal that I have an issue with but the manner in which business has been concluded. There has been a complete lack of respect shown by Gotze to not even talk to a club who gave him so much shows disrespect and to be announced before the seasons concluded with 2 very important games coming up is inexcusable.

I'm not surprised at all by Gotze leaving Dortmund. Very surprised he done it like this though.

Ah that I understand ofc.

How are ITV gonna fuck the coverage up tonight then?

Lost signal
Spurious ad break while the game is going on
Cutting off the anthem for an ad break
Dead air
Shit jokes

Take your pick

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
What the fuck Chelsea?

Chelsea are taking Juventus to a FIFA dispute panel this week to try to claim millions of pounds in compensation for former striker Adrian Mutu, it can be revealed.

Romania international Mutu was sacked by Chelsea after testing positive for cocaine in 2004 and the club have been on a nine-year battle to reclaim the money they lost in signing him.

After serving a seven-month ban Mutu went on to sign for Juventus via Italian side Livorno - who acted as an intermediary because at the time Juventus had filled their quota of overseas players.

The Swiss courts have ordered Mutu to pay compensation of 17.2million euros (£14.5m) to Chelsea but he has still not paid up, and the club is now pursuing legal action against Juventus and Livorno, holding them to be liable for payment because they signed him for nothing.

Chelsea had paid £15.8million to sign him from Parma and Juventus went on to sell him for £6million to Fiorentina. The case is being held before FIFA's dispute resolution chamber in Zurich this week.

A Chelsea spokesman told the Press Association: "We are exercising our legal remedies to recover the amounts owed to us and we will continue to do so."

Chelsea have also taken legal steps to try to claim three properties bought by Mutu in Miami worth several million points in total.

Mutu, who is aged 34, currently plays in France's Ligue 1 for Corsican side Ajaccio. He has said he intends to retire at the end of next season.

Comments

Fry

It's time.

iuV0x6X2mATN0.jpg

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Cavani is not going to PSG after all.

Italian sources including transfer expert Gianluca Di Marzio insist there is no truth in this story and his agents have not been in talks with the French club.

Instead, they continue to maintain Real Madrid are Cavani’s favoured destination should he leave Napoli.

Bonus:

Meanwhile, the Uruguayan striker appeared in the gossip magazines again this week when pictured with an unnamed brunette who works in a supermarket.

The magazine claimed Cavani changed cars three times during his journey to the village near Naples in order to get paparazzi off the scent.

raiot

Fuenf, you can buy a live ticket on sky Germany without a sports abo, they specifically said that in the advertisement 15 mins ago!

FootballFan

Usually I like to think of myself pretty neutral, or at least indifferent, but it would be so delicious to see Bayern destroyed at home, so go Barca.

As for today, FUCK Bayern. I'm supporting Barca all the way today.

Going to pray at the altar of Messi. Pray for justice tonight.

This. I am a Barca supporter today...

Ok, I'm off - won't be watching the game.

Death to bayern & visca ba, bar, barr, barca - visca barca!

Barca 25-0 Bayern

3-1 Barca.

5-0 Barca. Messi with 5.

0GTyCIk.jpg

The Bild sport boss just said the Götze story came from a reporter with a good network at Bayern and the national team but won't tell the source. Go figure how this leaked.

Gambit

nah there's one but the bar ist cursed, 80% of the time Bayern or Germany loses when I go there. It's pretty crappy too, lots of people cheering at goals that are clearly offside etc.

Last year you could buy a ticket for a live stream from Uefa/Sky for 20€ but they seem to have scrapped it this year :(

Sorry to hear that. But don't go to the cursed bar, for Pep's sake!

Wish I could share my skygo thing but my uncle is always using that. Sorry.

There must be some way in the world wide web.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
joker-and-here-we-go.gif

the fox deportes cunts hate barcelona so much, they are probably jizzing at the thought of barça getting eliminated.

Probably bitter that no PL team even made it past the first round of the knockout stage.

Bo-Locks

How are ITV gonna fuck the coverage up tonight then?

Lost signal
Spurious ad break while the game is going on
Cutting off the anthem for an ad break
Dead air
Shit jokes

Take your pick

Their coverage is really shit. Couldn't they extend the coverage for half an hour at the knockout stage and just have 15 minutes of some fucking measured build up?

Gabriel Clarke is an even bigger cunt than Geoff Shreeves, which I barely thought was even possible.

feel

Holy shit all the Barca players are tiny and all the Bayern players are huge, looked funny when they were doing the handshake pass.

Top Bottom