• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT18| Have you ever seen a Mackem punch a horse?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
So is it too early to start evaluating Mou's Madrid career?

No La Decima.

One La Liga, with Barcelona winning two, including the last one (considering Mou was hired to end the Barcelona hegemony).

One Copa Del Rey, maybe two.

A Super Cup.

In three years, and massive transfer spend, is this a case of not so special one?

Sure, I don't like his antics, so I'm biased. But it's definitely not a victorious storyline.
He made Pep retire. Victory?

Keio

For a Finer World
Technically he ended Pep's time at Barca by making it too stressful for him to stay there, so he won.
That's kind of like Russians saying the space race was all about space stations instead of the moon and that due to that they won.

I feared Mou would've achieved more at the helm of Madrid.

jtb

Banned

No La Decima.

One La Liga, with Barcelona winning two, including the last one (considering Mou was hired to end the Barcelona hegemony).

A Super Cup.

In three years, and massive transfer spend, is this a case of not so special one?

Sure, I don't like his antics, so I'm biased. But it's definitely not a victorious storyline.

He was brought in to beat Barcelona, but... let's face it, the majority of their problems have been self inflicted so you have a good point.

Think his biggest accomplishment is 3 consecutive semis. I mean, this is a team that basically failed to get past the round of 16 6 (?) times in a row? So I guess that's something, though the disproportionate amount of money spent does mean that anything short of the CL is a disappointment.

Rad-

No La Decima.

A Super Cup.

He didn't win CL but he brought Madrid to Barca's level. Madrid was a total laughing stock before Mou.

Meier

PENALTY DENIED OMFG

FUCKING BULLSHIT

I popped into a coworker's office who had it up on his PC. Looked like a definite flop and I couldn't tell for sure if he was in the box. You can't call that penalty though.. Ronaldo had no chance at the ball and it was well past the 5 minutes anyway. That would have been the most questionable penalty call of all time given the circumstances.

Tecl0n

Yeeessss, but that was too close. Also i think i'm getting attached to this team i've never been so worried in a match before with no Boca/Argentina.

No La Decima.

A Super Cup.

I'm sure it will be better with Mou out and Madrid back at being nothing but divas, and not making it to CL semifinals and no la liga either.

Keio

For a Finer World
He was brought in to beat Barcelona, but... let's face it, the majority of their problems have been self inflicted so you have a good point.

Think his biggest accomplishment is 3 consecutive semis. I mean, this is a team that basically failed to get past the round of 16 6 (?) times in a row? So I guess that's something, though the disproportionate amount of money spent does mean that anything short of the CL is a disappointment.
That's actually a good point. He was one Ramos penalty away from the final last year, this year also just a goal (and less Ramos mistakes in leg 1) away as well. I give Mou that: he's very good in CL, except for the home tie against Dortmund.

Regarding the "he beat Pep" thing, Guardiola will coach Bayern next year. Doesn't look beaten, does he?

That's kind of like Russians saying the space race was all about space stations instead of the moon and that due to that they won.

I feared Mou would've achieved more at the helm of Madrid.

Space race would be to be the first in space, no? The moon is an arbitrary objective that the US used to declare that THEY won.

Top Bottom