• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT19| LA DECIMATED

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a great competition. Good thing that madman Platini didn't had any support at removing Europa League. At some point you get tired of only seeing top flight, insanely rich clubs at the top and it's good to see teams like Benfica, Basel or Fener having the chance to fight for a trophy, a good, competitive trophy.

Just need to give a CL spot to the winner and it will be perfect.

Hixx

Very well worked goal.

ibqlFR1rRlhhae.gif

Meier

Stocker and Salah have been excellent for Basel throughout the EL so it makes sense they'd both be involved with the goal.

AlexBasch

Very well worked goal.

ibqlFR1rRlhhae.gif
HNNGH, that forward-backstep ruined David Luiz I think? Awesome play.

This. Plus getting rid of the rule allowing third placed CL group stage teams to enter the competition.
Agree, not dissing Chelsea or anything, but it's unfair that they get to have a second chance after fucking up in the group stage. :/

rvy

Banned
Owwwww, that chelsea defender putting Basel player onside. So cute.

Benfica has been playing good tonight but that wont mean squat if we don´t score another goal.

We'll score, baby, I'm more worried about them scoring in a counter than I am about we scoring.

salah reminds me of el shaarawy, with his off ball movement, quickness, and cutting in and shooting with opposite foot. just plays on the opposite flank than el sha.

AlexBasch

salah plays like a RW version of el shaarawy
Just needs crazy hair for +2 acceleration and he's set for Milan.

Every team left in the tournament dropped out of the CL.
Well I'll be damned. I didn't keep up with group stage because of work but thanks for the heads up. :/

I still think it would be a good measure or something. This gets a pass because all four teams have been playing great. :p

Pirlo-on-Conte love again:
“He has given me so much on a tactical level and really surprised me. If one day I become a Coach, I will take Conte as my inspiration. I am not the right age, nor do I have the right desire, to do that now, so I am focused only on playing.

“Could I become the future Juve Coach? No, Conte’s there...”

Man, Benfica-Fener is one of the best match I've seen this year, so much intensity. Wouldn't feel bad if Benfica goes through, both are playing great!

Diablos54

FERRRRRNANDOOOOOOOO!

20th goal of the season, first time in 3 years, only 3rd time since Liverpool debut.

Next Season...

TORRES IS BACK!

Maybe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom