• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

Callum Hamilton ‏@Callum_TH 6m
Think the Yaya Sanogo signing proves Arsenal's problem is that Wenger is too tight to always have the latest version of Football Manager.

Hahahaha

:lol :lol

Banned papers headline:

Wenger reveals failed Beckham bid... but don't worry, Arsenal are close to signing a French division two kid

Linius

vPo.gif

Game journalism in The Netherlands <3

This is about the game Guacamelee obviously. She's the current number one of the FHM 500 list in The Netherlands :p

Yeah, I'd say so.

You reckon he'll lend us Torres for Gerrard's testimonial?

is he not hated there? I always assumed the way he left that Liverpool fans would hate him?

I actually hope we give him one more season and see what Mourinho can do with him cause he can get the best out of players. Hope he knows he will only be a squad player this year though.

qindarka

Banned
Sure. You'll win a league title. And maybe some other stuff. Then there will be a row. Then he'll leave. Then what?

And then we'll have a bunch of other stuff to put in our trophy cabinet, that's what. If he wins the CL, it would be well worth it.

Sure. You'll win a league title. And maybe some other stuff. Then there will be a row. Then he'll leave. Then what?

Then what? Then there will probably be a new manager when he leaves? Like at any other club? What the hell kind of point are you making here lol

Feorax

is he not hated there? I always assumed the way he left that Liverpool fans would hate him?

I actually hope we give him one more season and see what Mourinho can do with him cause he can get the best out of players. Hope he knows he will only be a squad player this year though.

I think it was pretty raw when it happened, since we were in real trouble at the time and he seemed to just bail on us, but I reckon a fair few feel sorry for him now.

To put it in perspective, Michael Owen played in Carra's testimonial back in 2010. Torres isn't hated anywhere near as much as that.

Also, I can't see Torres as a squad player for Chelsea. Remember at how much he sulked playing second fiddle to Drogba?

qindarka

Banned
I think it was pretty raw when it happened, since we were in real trouble at the time and he seemed to just bail on us, but I reckon a fair few feel sorry for him now.

To put it in perspective, Michael Owen played in Carra's testimonial back in 2010. Torres isn't hated anywhere near as much as that.

Also, I can't see Torres as a squad player for Chelsea. Remember at how much he sulked playing second fiddle to Drogba?

Well, it's either be a squad player or to leave and take his wages with him.

I don't expect him to be there at most more than 3 years. He'll come back, steady the ship, win some stuff and prove that there can some stability to the job. Then he'll go off to manager someone else which I have no problem with.

Meier

Callum Hamilton &#8207;@Callum_TH 6m
Think the Yaya Sanogo signing proves Arsenal's problem is that Wenger is too tight to always have the latest version of Football Manager.

Hahahaha

:lol Yassine Benzia is this year's new French hotness for me. He was an absolute monster.. I believe I did in fact sell him to Arsenal for a cool $65m or so too. Their board is far more spend happy in FM than real life.

Eden hazard &#8207;@hazardeden10

Si Zulte est champion dimanche je me rase la tete. #promesse

Translation - Hazard said he will shave his head if Zulte, where his brother Thorgan is now on loan at, win the Belgian league this weekend.

I want to see a bald Hazard.

dc89

And then we'll have a bunch of other stuff to put in our trophy cabinet, that's what. If he wins the CL, it would be well worth it.

I'm fine with this. I'll enjoy it while he is here!

Then what? Then there will probably be a new manager when he leaves? Like at any other club? What the hell kind of point are you making here lol

I don't expect him to be there at most more than 3 years. He'll come back, steady the ship, win some stuff and prove that there can some stability to the job. Then he'll go off to manager someone else which I have no problem with.

I don't have a problem with it. I can just see it going pear shaped.

Why is it essential Mourinho comes back anyway! Chelsea have done fine without him.

Should have kept Ancelotti if you ask me. Such a stupid decision firing him.

Chelsea is such a shit football club.

Quiche is the worst thing about it.

Chelsea should try the holistic approach.

Meier

55m for cavani? worth it or too much?

I think it's too much really but he's a proven goalscorer and Napoli have no incentive to sell him without getting his release clause since they'll need to spend big to replace his goals.

Why is it essential Mourinho comes back anyway! Chelsea have done fine without him.

Should have kept Ancelotti if you ask me. Such a stupid decision firing him.

Chelsea should try the holistic approach.

Has done fine without him, but who, other than Pellegrini would be a good choice for Chelsae now? With Pep going to Barca there isn't a lot of options really, of course there's also the factor that everyone at the club loves Mourinho, both players from that time and supporters, hell even the press.

Not that I disagree with Ancelotti firing being dumb, but at this time Mourinho return would be glorious, get the team which he created up and running properly again, Mou created the team that only recently started crumbling and that other managers have been unable to move away from, despite trying a lot.

Slizz

What was so groundbreaking at the Nintendo thing? Fucking nothing?

Also :lol at a GAF documentary, you know there are members here(not specifically this thread) fucking ecstatic they'll be in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom