• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GorillaJu

Oh god, not this debate again, where I lose all respect for all the FootyGaf members who don't understand the sheer, life-altering, dick-hardening experience of cold pizza.

This Mumei pls thing is getting out of hand too.

iuewm3Ao2Viyl.gif

I like pizza no matter the temperature.

Suen

and sell casillas, albiol, higuain, pepe, alonso and cr7 if psg will give 100m and bale is coming

buy veratti, bring back caravajal, a CB and a world class striker
Damn bro. I'd pick both Lopez or Casillas, both are great goalkeepers. I would prefer Lopez though only because he's willing to take more risks at the right times and because he doesn't have that media connection and holy status that Casillas do.

Albiol can go, wasting his time in RM. Higuain can go, Pepe can stay as reserve. I don't mind Alonso but perhaps his time is over at RM. CR7 is a big no-no though, he's too important for us to let him go. Can you imagine if Barca sold Messi? We're in a similar situation.

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Gündogan - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

Starting XI against Hoffenheim today and probably for Wembley.

The absolute worst food habit is people who let their cereal sit in milk for ages so that it gets all soggy and nasty.

Get that stuff down your throat before it loses the crunch.

Linius

The absolute worst food habit is people who let their cereal sit in milk for ages so that it gets all soggy and nasty.

Get that stuff down your throat before it loses the crunch.

People do that? I always eat that shit as fast as I can because it gets soppy pretty fast :(

Arnie

Weidenfeller - Piszczek, Subotic, Hummels, Schmelzer - Bender, Gündogan - Blaszczykowski, Reus, Großkreutz - Lewandowski

Starting XI against Hoffenheim today and probably for Wembley.

Good that Bender is back, huge that Gotze is out.

In some ways it's better though. If you're going to win it, do it without him, send a message, burn a bridge.

Good that Bender is back, huge that Gotze is out.

In some ways it's better though. If you're going to win it, do it without him, send a message, burn a bridge.

Well, Götze is still injured. If he's able to play next week, he could start.

Also, our second team is (almost) saved from relegation, great to see.

Suen

Well, Götze is still injured. If he's able to play next week, he could start.

Also, our second team is (almost) saved from relegation, great to see.
How often do reserves who rarely play in the first team help out the second team? I know that in Madrid we sometimes send first team players who don't get much playtime to the second team now and then to help out. Granted it's mostly young players with not much first team experience that we send to the second team but still...

spidye

OMG The Munich Philharmonics just published this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvFk_E8PfFg

It's a fan made Bayern hymn for the CL final and it's based on the English national anthem + CL anthem :D:

Translated lyrics:

On the way to the biggest title, Bayern Munich as strong as never before
Earliest Champions of all time, Schweini, Müller, Lahm, Ribery
With Jupp Heynckes at the top, the triple closer than ever before
Get the big eared trophy back to Munich, Star of the South, MIA SAN MIA!
Munich, Bayern Munich, take the trophy, finally back home. It's coming home.
You are the best, the world watches you, the champions!

see? every Bayern fan is like BayernGAF. Even BayernPhilharmonics! Using the God Save the Queen melody is a nice touch, though.

Lolololol that's so fucking awesome

MPW

Damn bro. I'd pick both Lopez or Casillas, both are great goalkeepers. I would prefer Lopez though only because he's willing to take more risks at the right times and because he doesn't have that media connection and holy status that Casillas do.

Albiol can go, wasting his time in RM. Higuain can go, Pepe can stay as reserve. I don't mind Alonso but perhaps his time is over at RM. CR7 is a big no-no though, he's too important for us to let him go. Can you imagine if Barca sold Messi? We're in a similar situation.

cr7 to madrid is not the same to messi to barca

cr7 and man utd share that bond/love

he got himself red carded in the final and didn't collect his medal like mourinho

i wouldn't be surprised if both were too busy plotting their departures, both have the same agent iirc

i rather sell him now than for a cut price next summer

cr7 will probably not sign a new contract (he gave no indication he will) and he will probably ask long term contract, he's in his late 20s, time to part ways

casillas is nothing but a mole

remember when becks was not part of starting XI in 06/07? did he leak stories to the media? no he worked his ass off and got back in the starting XI

i'm sick of casillas's i'm better than everyone, i'm holy, i deserve starting spot no questions asked attitude

Suen

What kind of bullshit goes on at Madrid anyway? Is it the basic "players want more playing time" stuff, or is it more sinister?
If I were to really simplify it:

1. Unrealistic demands from managers (which is why we have a good history of not keeping many managers more than a few years at most).
2. Players and their connections putting their interest before the club.

Zabojnik

Guys, today marks the end of an era. It's Vincenzo Iaquinta's last day at Juventus. Thanks for all your hard work, Vince'! We'll never forget you.

39.jpg

Clegg

What kind of bullshit goes on at Madrid anyway? Is it the basic "players want more playing time" stuff, or is it more sinister?
Afaik Casillas and Ramos are throwing their Madrista weight around around to appeal to the fans.

Mou is guilty of stirring things but I expected better conduct from some of the Madrid players.

Ah yes, so Evans had nothing to do with it? Sounds like the Fink Tank uses some math heavy formula for rating a combination of player performance indices. Looks like it works well.
I don't think so.

He did say Sammy Lee was more talented than Paul Scholes though so I wouldn't be surprised if his list wasn't too dissimilar.

Wilbur

Banned
Tony Evans :lol

BKjGGPcCIAAIyYC.jpg

Suarez at number 1, Gerrard at number 4, Agger at number 9. Four Liverpool players in the top 20.

#opinions #notbiased

This list is awful. Just... not even so bad it's funny. It's just so bad. No Mata or Carrick, Mertesacker instead of Nastasic or Ferdinand, no De Gea or Mignolet... just... what

Linius

Dayum, almost Freiburg. German commentator dude is so laidback. I'm pretty sure Spanish commentry would have gone nuts with a chance like that :p

How often do reserves who rarely play in the first team help out the second team? I know that in Madrid we sometimes send first team players who don't get much playtime to the second team now and then to help out. Granted it's mostly young players with not much first team experience that we send to the second team but still...

That almost never happens to not disrupt the competitiveness of the lower leagues. Only players that you'd rank 18+ in line will occasionally play, plus some that recover from injuries.
Third division is also the highest reserves can go, again to to fuck the competition. Of course, no one gives a shit about that in Spain..

Are Bielefeld coming up now? Most of my family lives there (and Rheda Wiedenbrück/Güterslo).

Think I'm gonna watch Schalke. Please don't bottle it.

What is this Bielefeld you speak of?

Freiburg will eff em up and play CL!

Wilbur

Banned
Where do you get your Pizza? Supermarket or chain?

Pizza Hut, Dominos and Papa Johns all taste yummy cold. Pizza Hut do that new one where there's mini hot dogs in the crust and it's such an odd sensation having a full on heart attack and cumming so hard your spunk trenches blow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom