• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuenf

Final Bundesliga Standings for the 2012 / 2013 season:
JpYWJoo.png

kharma45

In the stadium for the Heineken Cup final (Rugby Champions league final). Its in Dublin so I thought I'd go. Leinster aren't in it this year though. Won rugbys Europa league last night so Im pretty happy bout that.

Todays final is between 2 French sides.

I hope the weather is better with you than it is up here, my house now has a moat.

WTF? How's that even possible ?
It happens when a player messes up his knee. I wouldn't say it's "common" but it certainly isn't rare that a player injures his knee and during his rehab reinjures it.

Once you fuck your knees up - they are never ever the same.

Obv we don't know the extent of his injury or anything but that is very bad news and at the least it means he probably won't be the same player again. Doesn't mean he can't be as good but he will have to change his training and style of play at least.

But there's still a chance he can be back, Vidic damaged his ligaments and then again during rehab but has come back and is doing okay right now.

Either way, sad news. Feel for him.

fuenf

It happens when a player messes up his knee. I wouldn't say it's "common" but it certainly isn't rare that a player injures his knee and during his rehab reinjures it.

Once you fuck your knees up - they are never ever the same.

Obv we don't know the extent of his injury or anything but that is very bad news and at the least it means he probably won't be the same player again. Doesn't mean he can't be as good but he will have to change his training and style of play at least.

But there's still a chance he can be back, Vidic damaged his ligaments and then again during rehab but has come back and is doing okay right now.

Either way, sad news. Feel for him.

Yeah but I'm starting to think they didnt tell us the whole truth about his injury in the first place. He got injured in September, had a setback in March (inflammation of scars) and needed to be operated again, now he's finally back at training and he ruptures it again? I don't know... something sounds fishy about it.

So, Bayern is certainly buying another CB now, right?

I doubt it, they'll simply extend Van Buyten once more.

spidye

No Hummels next week?

"We're worried."

nah both götze and hummels will play

and we will not buy a new CB. we have Dante, Boateng, Kirchhoff as CBs and Martinez and Gustavo can play there as well

It really sucks for badstuber. he is a young and talented defender but he will probably not be the same again.
He's one of my favorite players at bayern and I relly feel bad for him

L1NETT

Just got in

FUCKING YES! LEAGUE ONE HERE WE COME

Will post pics soon.

Edit: Just reread a bit love you hitch and wilbz <3.

deroli

I can understand that Santana wants to leave, but not to Schalke ffs! I've always liked him, but that is unacceptable. And Hummels probably missing the final? What have we done to deserve that? I want to push the restart button, so this day will start over again.

Also, I feel sorry for Badstuber. Two injuries within such a short period, damn.

Who knows. Are there affordable options on the market? Kirchhoff is coming and Martinez can play central defender, see Bilbao.

Affordable for Bayern? Surely lol

Only Boateng, Dante and Kirchhoff is a bit little when you think about how stacked the midfield is. I think there will be another one bought or van Buyten gets another year at Bayern.

That Twitter account Salazar's following is getting the good old muppet juices flowing. Their inability to write in proper English or punctuate properly makes it feel all the more likely:

Insider &#8207;@712insider

Reports Last Night Understood . Man United Have Made an Offer for Gundogan . Sources say he Not agreed a deal yet with his Club ';

itshappening.gif

Oh shit Trezeguet is retiring too.

Never Forget

---

Also Rooney is not travelling with United for tmrws game. Apparently it's because his wife is going to give birth soon. Would not be surprised if that's only part of the reason.

phaze

Oh shit Trezeguet is retiring too.

Never Forget

---

Also Rooney is not travelling with United for tmrws game. Apparently it's because his wife is going to give birth soon. Would not be surprised if that's only part of the reason.

Amazing final that was.

Lewa lost his top scorer crown in the last minute of Bayer game. : (

Wilbur

Banned
Guys I wouldn't overcommit to Rooney being a fathead just yet.

There's a fair chance he'll stay.

I saw my mate....

Even if he does stay I'll call him a fathead until the day he scores a hat trick in the Champions League final and rips off his t shirt to show a vest that says FUK THA H8RZ LUFF EWE MOYESY and then a rather crude drawing of Pellegrini getting bummed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom