• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I really want to keep Reina, but when first-choice goalkeeper appointments go wrong, they go badly wrong. 10 points-difference wrong.

I'd be resting easier if we had a competent backup who could see us through to either getting another new keeper or the point where they've adapted to the league and team ala De Gea (still hasn't fully adapted imo.)

But we have Jones.
You can't go wrong if you sign Begovic. I am struggling to see an issue here. Barca will have to pay for Reina, use that money and top up (Won't be much), the balance for Begovic and your problem is solved and you have a better keeper.

Begovic would be about 10mil. how much you expect for Reina?

sohois

You can't go wrong if you sign Begovic. I am struggling to see an issue here. Barca will have to pay for Reina, use that money and top up (Won't be much), the balance for Begovic and your problem is solved and you have a better keeper.

It's Barca; I would be shocked to see Reina leave for less than £15million, expect closer to £20m - though I daresay a likely scenario is money + Tello.

If we sell Reina for less than the cost of Begovic, we'll have fucked up imo. Barca have money to burn, we won't want to sell, and good as Begovic is, he's not quite a certain success if he was to move to us.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
x5op8u9l.gif

GorillaJu

Patrick Klepek is leaving Giant Bomb? The Bomb Cast just got better.

I could do that job, and do it better.

Really? Patrick Klepek is the only person at GB who is an actual legitimate journalist. The rest are just video game fans with a podcast.

Lightning

Banned
He still has one more year left though I could see us moving him on if we sign another keeper.
Ah, okay. I thought it expired this summer but is it next summer? Maybe we won't sign a keeper this window if that's the case.

Can't see Szczesny tolerating being a back up keeper.

Really? Patrick Klepek is the only person at GB who is an actual legitimate journalist. The rest are just video game fans with a podcast.

He will still do news and write for GB u think, just not be on quick looks and podcast anymore, so all good af he wasn't too good in then anyway

fuenf

Pachimari

Seems like Ancelotti will be our new coach. I'm very fine with that.

Now bring in:
- Carvajal
- Veratti
- Bale
- Cavani / Falcao / Lewandowski

Sell:
- Kaka
- Benzema / Higuain
- Carvalho
- Adan

I would consider selling Pepe and make Nacho more integral.

Pachimari

The latest report is, that we are going for Lichsteiner though.

Probably in exchange for Higuain and if course we'll ask for a fee as well.

Looks like chelsea will be announcing mourinho's return this afternoon.
Won't happen before the end of Liga BBVA.

I wonder what Florentino Perez' promises will be at this coming president election. He can't just blow it all right away.

Probably:
- Ancelotti
- Bale / Rooney
- Cristiano extension

LTWheels

I'm just there's for the quicklooks and bombcast, let's not pretend we will get less of that. But pretty sure he's just working away from the offices like Alex no? So you will still get your little blogs :p

What I mean is that most of the quick looks get done because of Patrick. Jeff said so in his blog. Quite a lot of them nowadays are done at his initiative,

Juve was supposed to be interested in Piszczek to replace Lichtsteiner, but no avail. :p
Hmm, I bet Klopp could Bend (the) tner into shape and still make him good. Klopp has that magic, yo. Still a better backup than Schieber, lol :(

/that song gif is great.

Zabojnik

Juve was supposed to be interested in Piszczek to replace Lichtsteiner, but no avail. :p
Hmm, I bet Klopp could Bend (the) tner into shape and still make him good. Klopp has that magic, yo. Still a better backup than Schieber, lol :(

/that song gif is great.

So it' now Gotze, Lewandowski, Hummels, Reus, Gundogan, Piszczek? Am I missing someone?

Linius

Seeing The xx tonight :D

Also; Olympus Has Fallen is a pretty cool popcorn action flick. Gerard Butler was on a roll.

Can anyone find me a link to the Man. United highlights from yesterday? I need to see that :Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom