• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT20| What's that smell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I can't fucking fathom how Udinese managed to grab a European spot AGAIN after selling their star players.
KuGsj.gif

Is it the work of Guidolin or Anthony Christmas?

Seeing The xx tonight :D

Also; Olympus Has Fallen is a pretty cool popcorn action flick. Gerard Butler was on a roll.

Can anyone find me a link to the Man. United highlights from yesterday? I need to see that :Lol
Seconded, gotta see the Lukaku magic.

So it' now Gotze, Lewandowski, Hummels, Reus, Gundogan, Piszczek? Am I missing someone?

A bit on Bender to Manchester(s). Schieber back to his old coach (who's now at Wolfsburg) - hope that goes through, but I bet he'll stay for another season.
Santana all over the place (now apparently set on going to Pissalke) + all sorts of mid-table clubs fondling our youngsters Leitner & Bittencourt (hope the latter will only be loaned out).
Transfer muppetry is no fun for us, Dortmund fans..

fuenf

A bit on Bender to Manchester(s). Schieber back to his old coach (who's now at Wolfsburg) - hope that goes through, but I bet he'll stay for another season.
Santana all over the place (now apparently set on going to Pissalke) + all sorts of mid-table clubs fondling our youngsters Leitner & Bittencourt (hope the latter will only be loaned out).
Transfer muppetry is no fun for us, Dortmund fans..

why arent there any Subotic rumours? Did I miss something, wasnt he the one who was talking about Barca a couple of years ago? (contract length alone can't be the reason considerung the Reus, Ilkay etc. rumours)

Seeing The xx tonight :D

Also; Olympus Has Fallen is a pretty cool popcorn action flick. Gerard Butler was on a roll.

Can anyone find me a link to the Man. United highlights from yesterday? I need to see that :Lol

the goals are in the live score app dude, go to the match and swipe to the right once you'll find videos, watch the goals :)

So excited for Saturday, I know I might get some hate for this but to me the final is the first extremely hard challenge for Bayern in the CL. Yes, Arsenal, Juve and Barca looks like quite the challenge. But Juve didn't have the striker(s) to compete and a Messi-less Barca side with bad defense wasn't the real deal, either.

If we don't have a terrible fucking day on Saturday, we will be the real challenge and I'm positive we can beat them. That said, a CL final is HUGE and we might miss the experience to play at our best. But in Kloppo we trust.

why arent there any Subotic rumours? Did I miss something, wasnt he the one who was talking about Barca a couple of years ago? (contract length alone can't be the reason considerung the Reus, Ilkay etc. rumours)

Subotic was talking about the dream to play in the PL, signed a new contract and said "dreams don't always have to become reality".

Edit: Or rather before he signed the new contract:
"I've always said that it's been a childhood dream of mine to play in England and I have always watched the Premier League," Subotic says. "But I don't have to do everything I wanted to do as a kid - I also wanted to be an astronaut but I can't see that happening!

"I'm not sure if it's a child's dream or still my dream but it's the hardest league in Europe and the most aggressive and I like that. However, I wouldn't be where I am now without Jurgen Klopp. First of all, he brought me to Germany from America and I signed my first deal with him at Mainz, and then he gave me the opportunity to join him at Dortmund, which was another big step. I have a lot to thank him for and Dortmund remains my home."

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
U21 final today, United v Spurs at Old Trafford.

Should be a cracking game, definitely the two best teams in the competition. Hopefully we can win it as punishment for Fergie throwing the match against Chelsea.

kharma45

Can't believe Ireland (and N.Ireland :p) are more technologically advanced than England :lol

Our trains are 100x nicer than the heaps I have experienced with Greater Anglia. The quality of our public transport in Northern Ireland is fairly good, just stuff like the road infrastructure isn't great and it's fairly expensive.

Carbonox

Can't believe Ireland (and N.Ireland :p) are more technologically advanced than England :lol

Didn't Ireland recently discover their own shit ton of oil? Naturally only a fragment of money made off oil will probably trickle down to the general population's benefit but still, Ireland's gonna steam roll over England in the future, despite the economic troubles they had. I can't hear a single ounce of victory or growth where England is concerned.

No one respects Northern Ireland though.

hyuck

Moyes' first day in charge today. Time to offer staff he doesn't want mutual termination, offer contracts to the staff with high stats and stars, send his scouts out to different countries, look at his squad to find where it needs improvement and then look at the player database for some good deals

Dunno, he just signed an extension, probably more devoted to Dortmund than Hummels tbh. - though the latter supposedly feels down atm. because Subotic sexed his gf.

So excited for Saturday, I know I might get some hate for this but to me the final is the first extremely hard challenge for Bayern in the CL. Yes, Arsenal, Juve and Barca looks like quite the challenge. But Juve didn't have the striker(s) to compete and a Messi-less Barca side with bad defense wasn't the real deal, either.

If we don't have a terrible fucking day on Saturday, we will be the real challenge and I'm positive we can beat them. That said, a CL final is HUGE and we might miss the experience to play at our best. But in Kloppo we trust.
Damn straight! Juve also messed up on the tactical front with the two strikers and the resulting lack of depth in the midfield. Götze- and a potential Lewandowski-gate are dampening my enthusiasm, but I'm still keen on our chances!

/DEATH TO BAYERN

Salazar

Moyes' first day in charge today. Time to offer staff he doesn't want mutual termination, offer contracts to the staff with high stats and stars, send his scouts out to different countries, look at his squad to find where it needs improvement and then look at the player database for some good deals

Upgrade the facilities.

Linius

the goals are in the live score app dude, go to the match and swipe to the right once you'll find videos, watch the goals :)

Yeah I know, but these are inferior quality daily motion videos, I wanna see a real hightlights video from the complete game :p

I kind of expected to find that on the BBC website, over here national broadcasters have the rights to broadcast Eredivisie hightlights.

kharma45

Didn't Ireland recently discover their own shit ton of oil? Naturally only a fragment of money made off oil will probably trickle down to the general population's benefit but still, Ireland's gonna steam roll over England in the future, despite the economic troubles they had. I can't hear a single ounce of victory or growth where England is concerned.

No one respects Northern Ireland though.

hyuck

Bastard.

There is potentially oil for both Northern and the Republic of Ireland, plus it looks likely we're going to start fracking in Northern Ireland soon for gas. There's an estimated 580 million barrels of oil off Northern Ireland and 250 million off the Republic.

sohois

Assistant Advice > Get Team Report

I hope Phelan had good Judging CA & PA stats.

DBT85

Then the long agonising crawl to get to the first match.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dunno, he just signed an extension, probably more devoted to Dortmund than Hummels tbh. - though the latter supposedly feels down atm. because Subotic sexed his gf.

Damn straight! Juve also messed up on the tactical front with the two strikers and the resulting lack of depth in the midfield. Götze- and a potential Lewandowski-gate are dampening my enthusiasm, but I'm still keen on our chances!

/DEATH TO BAYERN

The moment we got knocked out:

1936584_w1.jpg

Ambrosini will be in London today, his agent has been talking with West Ham for the last few weeks. It'd be sad to see him leaving, but he's far from his best years now, from time to time he gets one game right but for a good part of the season he struggles quite a lot.

Meanwhile, Barbara Berlusconi didn't want to comment on Allegri staying. At this point, we should either get Rijkaard/Van Basten or keep Allegri, I don't see other jobless managers at a Milan-level around the world. Inzaghi needs another year or two, same thing with Gattuso, Seedorf won't probably be able to be a manager before the start of next season.

Carbonox

Ambrosini will be in London today, his agent has been talking with West Ham for the last few weeks. It'd be sad to see him leaving, but he's far from his best years now, from time to time he gets one game right but for a good part of the season he struggles quite a lot.

Meanwhile, Barbara Berlusconi didn't want to comment on Allegri staying. At this point, we should either get Rijkaard/Van Basten or keep Allegri, I don't see other jobless managers at a Milan-level around the world. Inzaghi needs another year or two, same thing with Gattuso, Seedorf won't probably be able to be a manager before the start of next season.

Ambrosini is too good for West Ham.

Arnie

Have to say I'm really looking forward to the final, whoever wins. For the first time in a long time I can say, without hesitation, that the two teams in the final are the two best footballing teams in the competition.

The neutral's in for a treat. Oh, and Wembley's safety restrictions mean no Dortmund fan demonstrations. Good job England. Fucking embarrassing.

fuenf

Not to rain on your parade or anything, you know I would never do that, but let's look at it a little more closely: Arsenal I'll give you that, but they've been known for surprisingly strong and entirely unexpected CL performances (kinda like Dortmund this season). Juve's defense is far better than yours and Bayern didnt just beat Barca, they eviscerated them. Not some lucky 'even Fernando Torres scores BS' but a total domination and complete destruction of the previously labeled 'best team in Europe.'

Going by your logic I could go on and say that Bayern is the first real extremely hard challenge Dortmund has to overcome. Yeah on paper your group was a group of death, but in reality? Mancini coaching a bunch of mercinaries? That's not a challenge that's laughable. Jose was losing it and Ajax was doing its best Dortmund 11/12 impression. Your performance against the mighty Malaga was even worse than Bayern's home game against Arsenal and your only needed multiple uncalled offisdes to advance. Let's not forget that despite being up 4-1, Dortmund was on the brink of crashing out against Jose's Justin Bieber fan club.

If I was mean I would say all of the above, I'd even add that you can consider yourselves lucky that Bayern took care of Juve and Barca, because you wouldnt stand a chance against quality, well coached sides like that. But you know what? I'd never do that. Because I respect what Dortmund has accomplished this season and you don't have to be a rocket science to know that Bayern faces the toughest opponent of the year on Saturday: THEMSELVES. That's right who care's about Dortmund? Bayern either wins or loses the final, it's entirely up to them.

Arnie

Can't wait to see what Di Canio does this summer. He's going to crack a few skulls and get Sunderland back on the right path. Perfect man for the job.

Feorax

Brentan went along with Sterling this morning in a personal capacity to offer support.

So basically, it's all Raheem's fault that we haven't signed anyone yet :p

Not to rain on your parade or anything, you know I would never do that, but let's look at it a little more closely: Arsenal I'll give you that, but they've been known for surprisingly strong and entirely unexpected CL performances (kinda like Dortmund this season). Juve's defense is far better than yours and Bayern didnt just beat Barca, they eviscerated them. Not some lucky 'even Fernando Torres scores BS' but a total domination and complete destruction of the previously labeled 'best team in Europe.'

Going by your logic I could go on and say that Bayern is the first real extremely hard challenge Dortmund has to overcome. Yeah on paper your group was a group of death, but in reality? Mancini coaching a bunch of mercinaries? That's not a challenge that's laughable. Jose was losing it and Ajax was doing its best Dortmund 11/12 impression. Your performance against the mighty Malaga was even worse than Bayern's home game against Arsenal and your only needed multiple uncalled offisdes to advance. Let's not forget that despite being up 4-1, Dortmund was on the brink of crashing out against Jose's Justin Bieber fan club.

If I was mean I would say all of the above, I'd even add that you can consider yourselves lucky that Bayern took care of Juve and Barca, because you wouldnt stand a chance against quality, well coached sides like that. But you know what? I'd never do that. Because I respect what Dortmund has accomplished this season and you don't have to be a rocket science to know that Bayern faces the toughest opponent of the year on Saturday: THEMSELVES. That's right who care's about Dortmund? Bayern either wins or loses the final, it's entirely up to them.

Why would this be mean? It's true. With the group stages part, I don't agree. Ajax did great and Real was in a better shape than this year. But we were too dumb to score in the first and rather bad in the second match against Malaga and thus extremely lucky to get to the next round. Same for the semi finals, we did okay/good over 80 minutes in the second match but were missing the last bit of experience/coolness to keep Real away from scoring.

With our lack of experience of the knock out stages we did incredibly well after all. And it could cost us in the final but the final being against Bayern could help us. It's not Barca/Juve/whoever, it's Bayern and we've played against them 4 times already this season, could make it a bit easier.

And with all respect, I fucking hope the whole club has the same attitude as you. Bayern can only beat themselves? Yeah, that's how you lose a final. The supercup and the recent Bundesliga match don't really matter. But the other two matches were incredibly close and (I don't want to comment on that) even with a worse defense than Juve we only conceded two goals. Don't forgot they were both at Munich and Lewy was fucking useless in the DFB cup. If you think Bayern can only beat themselves, yeah, good luck with that.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
And with all respect, I fucking hope the whole club has the same attitude as you. Bayern can only beat themselves? Yeah, that's how you lose a final.

Last season was a perfect example. Jupp got all jumped up against Chelsea thinking he could shuffle his back 4 with 5 minutes to go. Against Drogba in a cup final you just can't do that, it was arrogance in the extreme. Was anybody surprised when Drogba scored on that corner?

Bayern showed the same ignorance against Arsenal already this season. They reasserted themselves after that but complacency is their biggest enemy in this final.

fuenf

And with all respect, I fucking hope the whole club has the same attitude as you. Bayern can only beat themselves? Yeah, that's how you lose a final. The supercup and the recent Bundesliga match don't really matter. But the other two matches were incredibly close and (I don't want to comment on that) even with a worse defense than Juve we only conceded two goals. Don't forgot they were both at Munich and Lewy was fucking useless in the DFB cup. If you think Bayern can only beat themselves, yeah, good luck with that.

??? It's the truth, Dortmund can win the trophy but it would still be Bayern who lost it. That's how the public perception is, Dortmund already overachieved no matter what and they can be proud of their season. Bayern can be proud, but nontheless the public expects them to win. What do you want me to say? Yes, Dortmund can beat Bayern, but Bayern are clearly the better team. It's not possible for Dortmund to win the cup without Bayern losing it. That's actually the big chance for Dortmund and that's the real problem Bayern have to face. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bayern can only beat themselves because Dortmund is a shitty team or anything like that, I'm saying it because the odds are almost stacked against Bayern and every player has to give his absolute best to win it (3rd final in 4 years, the point difference in the Bundesliga, Heynckes 2nd to last game). Bayern has all the pressure in the world, Dortmund literally has none. They can only win.

Last season was a perfect example. Jupp got all jumped up against Chelsea thinking he could shuffle his back 4 with 5 minutes to go. Against Drogba in a cup final you just can't do that, it was arrogance in the extreme. Was anybody surprised when Drogba scored on that corner?

Bayern showed the same ignorance against Arsenal already this season. They reasserted themselves after that but complacency is their biggest enemy in this final.

For me that it is a classic example of beating yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom